Sea Eagless v Broncos News teams & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This might be the team for Rd 26

1/M Robertson
2/M Oldfield
3/J Lyon (c)
4/S Matai
5/T Williams
6/T Seu Seu
7/D Cherry Evans
8/G Rose
9/M Ballin
10/B Kite
11/A Watmough
12/J Galuvao
13/J Buhrer

14/T Robinson
15/S Rodney
16/D Harrison
17/V Mauro

there is a tweet from a person who is alledged to excepted a call from des to make his NRL debut this week.

Apparently this bloke is about 25kgs heavier than G rose lol

Sure our boys can step up, play a great 80mins, have a few bounces of the ball our way and get a win of 46-12 which I'd love, but unfort. I think we'll probably get smashed.
Hopefully by only 2 or 3 tries at most.

The Wheel said:
It is going to be a long afternoon waiting for the team...

@[The Wheel]
Must be good working in a bank, just waiting around for footy team announcements all day.

My Home loan is with your mob now, shouldn't you be looking at ways to save me money?

The teams on this site look pretty strong. I wouldn't be throwing in the towel just yet. Running Big Tony at Lockyer is a good idea. Smash him into next week and make him look stupid on 'his' day..Manly to win this one.

Daniel said:
T-Rex to 5/8

In my opinion, he did alright playing in that position back when he was playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles because he couldn't get a gig with Manly in 2009. He was more involved and showed a bit of what he is capable of when he is a bit closer to the action instead of being relegated to the wing like with Manly back then where he seemed totally uninterested. His stint with the SCSE turned around my thinking of him for the better and I think that his stint with the SCSE made him a better player when he returned back to Manly the following year and he has only improved since then.

wow....just....wow.

It was a joke, if we had T-Rex playing in 5/8 we would end up in 3rd after Sunday.

They will run rings around him

Daniel said:
wow....just....wow.

It was a joke, if we had T-Rex playing in 5/8 we would end up in 3rd after Sunday.

They will run rings around him
I don't agree. Circles maybe but not rings :)

Maybe this will be the team against the Donkeys.

1. M. Robertson
2. M. Oldfield
3. D. Whare or TRex
4. S. Matai
5. TRex or D. Whare
6. J. Lyon
7. DCE
8. G. Rose
9. M. Ballin
10. B. Kite
11. A. Watmough
12. J. Galuvao
13. J. Buhrer
14. V. Mauro
15. D. Harrison
16. S. Rodney
17. T. Robinson

I do worry about the defensive capabilities in the centre position with Lyon not there however.

How is Liam Foran going in reserve grade? I haven't seen them play, although their results are not encouraging.

Daniel said:

I thought that you may have been joking when you suggested putting him at 5/8th but in that QLD Cup comp standard in 2009, I thought that he did okay and playing in that comp and closer to the action he was a lot better as a player than he was at Manly earlier that year and he has been a better player for being sent there in my opinion and 2010 showed that he was no longer that same Queen Mary (or Eeyore that I used to call him because he was so slow).

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

I thought that you may have been joking when you suggested putting him at 5/8th but in that QLD Cup comp standard in 2009, I thought that he did okay and playing in that comp and closer to the action he was a lot better as a player than he was at Manly earlier that year and he has been a better player for being sent there in my opinion and 2010 showed that he was no longer that same Queen Mary (or Eeyore that I used to call him because he was so slow).

He somehow got man of the match in that game despite LeStrange clearly being the best on field. I thought Trex was ok in that game, but the Sunshine Coast bombed so many tries because the foil didn't get the ball out to the players in time

Thanks to Nate from TWIL FOR THIS WEEKS TEAM UPDATE
with Sundays game having little impact on the final series setup we can expect the following announcement fro the Sea Eagles
Brett Stewart = suspended
Michael Robertson = Dropped for not getting suspended enough
Jamie Lyon = Unavailable, Stress
Steve Matai = Dropped as he was confused at why he didn't get involved
David Williams = He wanted to play but DES said no
Keiran Foran = Suspended
DCE = dropped Progressing to quickly
Brent Kite = dropped hurt his voice at the press conference
Matt Ballin = rested About time too
George Rose = Regional community work
Anthony Watmough = just as confused as Matai
Shane Rodney = not seen since 9 gave him MoM
Glenn Stewart = suspended
Darcy Lussick = suspended but loves the new cult status
Jamie Buhrer = dropped for not fighting
Joe Nood = suspected concussion but no one can tell cause he is won't stop smiling
TRex = dropped took him too long to get to the brawl
Tim Robinson = not considered cause he just stood there dumbfounded
DES Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Peter Peters Noel cleal and the coaching staff have made themselves available with volunteers from silvertails

Daniel said:
Jethro said:
Daniel said:

He somehow got man of the match in that game despite LeStrange clearly being the best on field. I thought Trex was ok in that game, but the Sunshine Coast bombed so many tries because the foil didn't get the ball out to the players in time

Yeah, that left me head scratching as to how he scored Man of the Match in that game too but who knows, it may have been just the incentive that he needed to kick him off to being a better player.

Broncos 1. Josh Hoffman 2. Gerard Beale 3. Jack Reed 4. Ben Te'o 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Scott Anderson 11. Alex Glenn 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Matt Gillett 15. Ben Hunt 16. Ben Hannant 17. David Hala

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8