SeaEagles v Dragons MnF @WIN Jubilee Rd8 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Pick the Margin Manly v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't matter which team you are, if you don't have the ball for long periods you are going to look rubbish, get penalised as the refs reward momentum & when you do finally get the ball you're so tired you will do nothing with it or make a mistake.

GIven the circumstances it was a very gutsy and special Manly win.

61% POSSESSION 39%
28/41 COMPLETION RATE 25/33
176 TOTAL RUNS 128
1492 RUN METRES 1084
18 KICKS 15
397 KICK METRES 564
240 TACKLES 317
24 MISSED TACKLES 39
9 PENALTIES AWARDED 3

I wouldn't be too critical of Manly and the way were are playing. I've seen us play like this before, mainly in 2008 and 2011. Think of this type of football as battle hardening. By the time they come to the real war in September they will be ready.

Just have to have a laugh at one thing.

The stats last week would suggest that we should have thrashed the Rabbitohs but we lost.

Now the stats show that the Dragons should have won comfortably but we got the two points.

5 out of the side from last week, playing away,lose another star at halftime,get slaughtered in the penalty count.For those wanting to have a whinge tonight very few teams would win in that situation.great work!

Never really noticed before...but Nightingale was a real dickhead ...shame Jorge didn't snap him in half.

Sheikheagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
did jesse even get on the field?

No. And jebus its annoying when our coaches do this. Burns my bridges.

I would say having to replace snake threw out interchanges.

Understood. But zero mins just puts more pressure on the others. Late in the game, we had blokes that could easily have erred due to fatigue. Unforgivable in my book and Tooves has had plenty of time for injury backup plans.

While it was a ugly win, in terms of history it was a great victory to beat them at Kograh. We really let ourselves down with bad ball handling and that enabled the Dragons to get back into it. We also missed a lot of tackles and let them get over the advantage line to easy at times. However with that being said, our defense did not only keep us in the game but helped us win the game. We made stops when we had to. I love how when the game was on the line, we dug deep an showed the guts to determination to get the job done. Also the injuries tonight seem to put us out of
rythym which is expected. Lastly the officiating again was definitely not up to the standards it should be. Quite a few dubious calls but I suppose we should be used to that now lol. Overall I'm stoked we got the W and 2 points because at the end of the day that's what counts.

Not sure why the refs had pink shirts on, they should have been red and white instead. And as Brissie Kid posted 'if you don't have the ball for long periods you are going to look rubbish'...!

When the penalty count is going so highly against you (and the majority of those penalties being absolutely ridiculous calls tonight IMO), your momentum, confidence and composure can be seriously affected.

Manly indeed have guts and I am so proud of them...!

Well done boys....!!!!!

Jatz Crackers said:
Sheikheagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
did jesse even get on the field?

No. And jebus its annoying when our coaches do this. Burns my bridges.

I would say having to replace snake threw out interchanges.

Understood. But zero mins just puts more pressure on the others. Late in the game, we had blokes that could easily have erred due to fatigue. Unforgivable in my book and Tooves has had plenty of time for injury backup plans.

I wouldn't have wanted any of our backrow subbed while we were defending our line, which turned out to be nearly the whole game

Kiwi Eagle said:
I wouldn't have wanted any of our backrow subbed while we were defending our line, which turned out to be nearly the whole game

We were up 18-4 and we had the opportunity to plan our interchanges from the half time break. Gift is under done and Choc is over worked.

I accept that there is risk with the proposition and I accept that tonight we prevailed but most teams interchange a backrower and for the very reason we nearly were beaten tonight....fatigue. We took the risk and were lucky enough tonight but we shouldnt count on that again. No bums with splinters.

Glenn you probably have a point, but our backrowers outside Horo are proven 80min men over many years.

It would probably be funny though watching Watmough blow up if taken off early

We r really in trouble if we lose either killer or shoulders for extended periods if tonga is the replacement. A fair way off NRL standard

Sheikheagle said:
We r really in trouble if we lose either killer or shoulders for extended periods if tonga is the replacement. A fair way off NRL standard

I couldn't say that considering he played 40mins out of position on the wing and we had no ball. No reason to put a line through him based on that

I agree with most that this was a gusty win considering the circumstances. It is also battle hardening as mentioned because it showed that even when everything was against us (crowd, errors, injuries, refs) we still found a way to win. That's what great teams do. Do we have a lot to work on and improve? Of course we do. But just for tonight be thankful for a win and we get back to work tomorrow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8