Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 30
PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

At first glance it looks odd for sure. a young guy with potential vs an old stager who is average at best.

Possibly a clue in statements recently by Seibold about seeking consistency, and about Paseka's re-signing and good form this year, both Seibold and Paseka mentioned his preparation was the key to his improved consistency. Maybe guys like Keppie and Bull have been skimping on their preparation, at least compared with what the coaches are wanting from them so they improve. Just a wild guess of course but there is obviously some reason for it.

As some were commenting in one of the threads, if Keppie went to Melbourne Bellamy would make him a star. How? Well he'd only go there if motivated to succeed, and if he was there Bellamy would kick him out quick smart if he wasn't totally dedicated to succeeding. Maybe Seibold is trying to lay down those standards?
Yeah nah I don’t think Siebold has the first clue about Bellamy style standards. No way in the world would Bellamy pick the likes of Woods

Yeah nah I don’t think Siebold has the first clue about Bellamy style standards. No way in the world would Bellamy pick the likes of Woods
Remember Bellamy dropping Slater to the Bears? He doesn't hold back on wielding the axe, put it that way

They have been dropping off but compared to players whose games never started in the first place, it’s a surprise. At his worst, he has offered more than Woods.
dunno LC, Bully to me looks like a homeless person, not sure where to go or his place in the team. Bully just runs onto the ball no deeper than a 4m run, making him an easy mark, a few extra meters wouldn't hurt his cause at all.

Going to be an absolute massacre. We've lost 7 of our last 10. We've lost 17 of 24 since the pride jersey. Sharks embarrassed last week. Guys like Siebold, Flanagan and the players have an apathy to losing and the result (****, some of their minds are 100% focused on the Dragons).

Worst part, there seems to be a different excuse week in, week out. I love the, "but we had a dig in that loss" excuse.

This team of ours have become unwatchable live, which just sucks.They just aren't entertaining. It's the same old bull**** game after game, and nothing ever changes.

Try hard for 10 minutes, face any adversity, go to water, capitulate. OR, Try hard for 10 minutes, keep trying (as hard as we can), and let some soft as butter tries in throughout.

Yawn-fest. It sickens me that my money is going towards Flanagan who is preparing for that crap-shoot team Dragons....is there any wonder our players have basically clocked off. No-one cares, top to bottom.

And despite these results, the CEO, owner and coach are so ****ing deluded with where we are at, it's embarrassing, and I mean EMBARRASSING. Officially coming out and saying our premiership window is open while we are getting Tigers results (7 losses in last 10). FMD.
Not so sure Ryan, the Sharkies got hammered by the Warriors with lots of trys scored down main street. Says to me this is the route for us to take also, we only lost 3 trys to 2, our defence held up well in the 2nd half and with 2 big boppers off the bench with lots to prove, I'm kinda fancying our chances come Sunday arvvo.

Not so sure Ryan, the Sharkies got hammered by the Warriors with lots of trys scored down main street. Says to me this is the route for us to take also, we only lost 3 trys to 2, our defence held up well in the 2nd half and with 2 big boppers off the bench with lots to prove, I'm kinda fancying our chances come Sunday arvvo.
I must say the more I read about their troubles the more I think you are right , if we were at Brookvale I’d lock us in , we’re not and that might be the difference.

I must say the more I read about their troubles the more I think you are right , if we were at Brookvale I’d lock us in , we’re not and that might be the difference.
Yeah..I guess so Mark. Also a lot depends on the guy with the whistle also, thank god it's not 6 again Gee again. Moylan dropped and Graham and Uele out as well, Uele's a big gorilla he'll be sorely missed.

Yeah..I guess so Mark. Also a lot depends on the guy with the whistle also, thank god it's not 6 again Gee again. Moylan dropped and Graham and Uele out as well, Uele's a big gorilla he'll be sorely missed.
Yes the refs look a little less intimidating so that’ll help ( and we need all the help we can ).

In reality , and despite the remonstrations about last week we weren’t actually “ that bad “ against one of the red hot sides.

Everyone goes ballistic when it’s a loss , but really 13-8 wasn’t much of a flogging SO they may well surprise us this weekend, and especially if Lodge goes out to impress.

Interesting to watch later in the week with what happens in regards to Lodge playing, as we have obviously been caught out trying to be cute with the system

Hopefully the NRL step in with a value that makes it impossible for him to play

Interesting to watch later in the week with what happens in regards to Lodge playing, as we have obviously been caught out trying to be cute with the system

Hopefully the NRL step in with a value that makes it impossible for him to play
In the end isn't it up to Lodge to decide weather he wants to play or not, it's a train and trial contract that's been offered and accepted for the remainder of this season. 2024 different matter of course.

In the end isn't it up to Lodge to decide weather he wants to play or not, it's a train and trial contract that's been offered and accepted for the remainder of this season. 2024 different matter of course.

Not in this case, as there has to be a nominal value placed on someone to make it fair in relation to the cap

Eg if they value Lodge at 600k, and he plays 6 games, his value should be 125k, rather than the $6000 or whatever we are trying to do

Not sure when they tightened it up, but I remember the Dragons doing something dodgy with Gasnier too

Not in this case, as there has to be a nominal value placed on someone to make it fair in relation to the cap

Eg if they value Lodge at 600k, and he plays 6 games, his value should be 125k, rather than the $6000 or whatever we are trying to do

Not sure when they tightened it up, but I remember the Dragons doing something dodgy with Gasnier too
OK. If the NRL can come up with nominal values of players, why can't the salary cap be adjudicated that way?

Well if that's the case, what about the 350k the NRL were going to give us for Tom being injured. Surely the NRL would look at this as a fair compensation for losing Tom for half a season.

OK. If the NRL can come up with nominal values of players, why can't the salary cap be adjudicated that way?
Imagine the NRL trying to run that

This whole thing still rankles me when Glenn Stewart wasn’t allowed to accept a lower offer with us, but the final years of Lockyer at Brisbane he was being paid at about 30% of the market rate

Well if that's the case, what about the 350k the NRL were going to give us for Tom being injured. Surely the NRL would look at this as a fair compensation for losing Tom for half a season.
They place the ‘like for like’ rationale on it, which I think is ridiculous

Yes the refs look a little less intimidating so that’ll help ( and we need all the help we can ).

In reality , and despite the remonstrations about last week we weren’t actually “ that bad “ against one of the red hot sides.

Everyone goes ballistic when it’s a loss , but really 13-8 wasn’t much of a flogging SO they may well surprise us this weekend, and especially if Lodge goes out to impress.
Re the refs:

Thankfully it’s not a Gee up, and we won’t get what’s Cummins to us, but with this lineup we better be sure not to Gough up the ball!.

NYEagle

Has been mentioned on 360 if Lodge plays a major roll this year the NRL are going to put a value on him because he is a $6000 player

Last edited by a moderator:
So is there a game this weekend or is it still all about, the Fainu’s and the coaches selections / favourites , non selection of the Silvertails favourites ??

If someone can let me know and I’ll come back then.

I think the above topics have been discussed ad nauseum , and all I see is “ circle work “ ( around and around and around ).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10