Shoulder Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JWH left far more onfield carnage than any of the recent so called shoulder charges. But JWH run will be used by the NRL as a highlight reel.

Hope I'm wrong Ron but they are trying to make a point so he'll go, so will whoever hit Horhay earlier in the game.

You can see it coming, a top player will rubbed out for the GF because of this.
I agree 100% with you and it's all so those dickheads at the nrl can be seen to be 'cleaning up' the game, egos and bullsh*t not a good combination.

I think vossy got it right today when he said that this whole shoulder charge debacle isn't black and white, that surely common sense has to prevail!!!

Mason was slightly worse than Jorge's but nothing in either. Both were instinctive braces and not charges with malice or intent. The game is going mad. A few dog shots from the Raiders, and they should be sponsored by ACT Dairy as they were milking penalties all day.
they are actually sponsored by canberra milk :giggle:

Attachments

• 00099939-leadimage.jpg
    00099939-leadimage.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
Let's get it right it was a collision!!! Hahahahah. I think Greenturd needs a lesson in shoulder charging. Perhaps JWH could be convinced to demonstrate on him!
The way it's going players will be playing touch football soon as they will not be willing to make tackles in fear of it being deemed a shoulder charge because the defender has not had the time to wrap his arms around the attacker FFS.

Smith and Greenturd are knee-jerk reactionists and they are killing the game we love.

Never in my life have I known a sporting body to change their rules mid-season as a knee-jerk reaction to something that happened as much as I have seen from the NRL with these two arse clowns running the show.

Some may not like it but the AFL does a much....MUCH better job at governing their competition than the NRL does.

Jorge is on report for his so-called shoulder charge and I fear it will cost him a couple of weeks. I swear, if Wighton had not have been knocked flying by the clash, nothing would have been said about it. And I'll be very surprised (and angry) if Jordan Rapana doesn't cop a 2 or 3 week holiday for his earlier shoulder charge on Jorge which even Stevie Wonder could have seen was a shoulder charge. That happened right in front of the touch judge and nothing was said, Jorge even got up appealing about it but it fell on deaf ears, yet the same touchie later had an "opinion" about the Jorge/Wighton clash that led to him being put on report.....

Last edited:
Greenturd and Smith have opened up the pandoras box, instead of the judiciary doing the correct thing and charging that Rorter player we would have been able to move on and at the end of the season got the coaches together and discussed this and the made any change deemed necessary. All season players have been training and playing to an interpretation and now it changes. All I see is the upcoming finals series littered with shoulder charges as there is more at stake. There is zilch common sense coming out of the NRL on this as they allow players to get away with head butting and niggle in tackles gets unpunished.

Greenturd and Smith have opened up the pandoras box, instead of the judiciary doing the correct thing and charging that Rorter player we would have been able to move on and at the end of the season got the coaches together and discussed this and the made any change deemed necessary. All season players have been training and playing to an interpretation and now it changes. All I see is the upcoming finals series littered with shoulder charges as there is more at stake. There is zilch common sense coming out of the NRL on this as they allow players to get away with head butting and niggle in tackles gets unpunished.

Yep, Smith and Greenturd have definitely dug themselves a very deep hole over this.

When they had the wording of the shoulder charge rule changed to the farce that we now have, I don't think at any point did anyone at the NRL even consider the fact that players simply bracing themselves (i.e. protecting themselves) for impact from a player running right at them are not actually committing a shoulder charge.

At what point yesterday did Jorge intend on a shoulder charge? He went in with eyes on getting himself a try but Wighton got there first. Jorge basically had no chance to do anything but brace for impact. It was a split second thing. How is that a shoulder charge?

This is a monumental stuff up by the NRL and the way things are now, by the end of the season we're going to have more players suspended for so-called shoulder charges that should barely attract a penalty, let alone a suspension, than there are out injured.

Hope I'm wrong Ron but they are trying to make a point so he'll go, so will whoever hit Horhay earlier in the game.

You can see it coming, a top player will rubbed out for the GF because of this.

You seriously don't believe that Thurston or Inglis would get suspended to miss the GF.

What's worse about yesterday is that Jorge copped a shoulder charge early in the game and nothing was done about it.

If the NRL are smart they leave this rule alone. They won't cause they are driven By idiots who are ripping the fabric of our game.

I would have thought there would have to be some element of a "charge" for a collision to constitute a shoulder charge... Ie. the defending player "charges" as the player with the ball and hits with his shoulder. That's the element missing from most of the pathetic judiciary charges, and the part the NRL don't seem to be able to comprehend.

I'm furious over the NRL inconsistency with the, so call shoulder charge.
Willie should never have been given two matches for his tackle nor should Jorge get anything. The problem now is that the NRL has cleverly got them selves in a position to be able to crucify teams they generally dislike or don't figure in their plans. They, through their new interpretation rule, can pick and choosing which tackles or teams they want to penalize and which ones they want a disregard.

They seem to miss Dugan's shoulder charging the Broncos winger on Friday night.
I'm pretty much over it and if they gave two weeks for every attempted shoulder charge this week we would be loosing a dozen players fro the NRL this week alone. grrrrrrrrr

Seriously the whole weekend i just kept saying "that's a shoulder charge", "so is that"..... Seriously how is a player supposed to know what to do with a split second decision? Wighton knocked on in goal, he recovered and attempted to play on but Jorge was right there and Wighton ran into him. Just like Braith said it happened in a split second, what's Jorge supposed to do let him run by? Granted even if he ran by it would have been called back but in the instance that there wasn't a knock on. It could have lead to a professional foul and then being sent off etc. i know that might be a bit far fetched but i wouldn't put it passed this NRL administration.

An ex player needs to be in the role of Performance manager not Greenburg as he only sees things from an executive point of view with no real understanding why a player does something or how it can be changed within the context of game.

It is a real circus atm and with the way things are headed there should be a lot of players sitting on the sidelines from the weekend for the next two weeks.

I am honestly confused at what consititues a shoulder charge. GI on Dean Young is the text book example of what a shoulder charge is. They need to keep bringing that up again and again to show how stupid Mason, Jorge's etc are in comparison considering GI copped a massive 3 week suspension for knocking a guy into tmrw with no attempt to play the ball or tackle the player.

It's amature hour at foxsports.com.au reporting Tafua for a shoulder charge for a "MASSIVE" hit on Wighton. Well foxsports 80% of your readers think you don't know jack!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4