Shoulder Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they are so worried about player welfare they may as well just ban tackling. We can all watch touch footy.

It is the society we live in these days. I am waiting for the proof that rugby scrums lead to concussion and how that will impact their game...

What about knee issues post sport? Or even moreso post military career for our combat forces (especially paratroopers)

There is a reduction in quality of life after all.

Agree Fluffy I am not sure where the line will be drawn. At what point does the player accept the risk for the reward?

What about knee issues post sport? Or even moreso post military career for our combat forces (especially paratroopers)

There is a reduction in quality of life after all.
I listened to the advice of my club at age 18 re knees: go on the 2 yr waiting list and get your knee rebuilt...OR...take this lovely painkilling injection each game and some cortisone injections, strap it up and keep playing and getting paid?

At 18, I took the needles and strapping and kept playing. I'll pat for that for life, I've had 3 operations and it will never, EVER be right.

This shoulder charge rubbish has been a typical Greenturd led knee jerk reaction. Just to clarify, I 100% AGREE with a crack down on shoulder shots as they are bloody dangerous. The incidents that sparked this change are the perfect case-in-point, and the accidental death of the young bloke from the Sunny Coast reinforces that point.

However... The recent change is untenable. Call it reactive, call it stupid, call it whatever, it's plain_WRONG.

Willie's suspension was just plain ludicrous, Jorge's potential suspension is just as stupid. My take on Jorge's incident on the weekend is that he came in to try and stop the fullback getting out of goal and force a drop out: it went wrong when old mate knocked it on throwing Jorge's timing out. He actually drops as the ball is knocked on rather than being in position to hit him chest on chest and has to try and reset in a millisecond. Not possible. It ends up and awkward body on body contact in which Jorge cops as much impact as their player, but being bulkier, stronger, harder and more MANLY, old mate gets bumped off. Physics, 101.

Ridiculous penalty and siting occurs, along with disbelief and hilarity.

Well done to Smith, Greenturd and the other NRL muppets who are progressively RUINING MY GAME.

I was knocked out numerous times when playing. the two most serious saw me spend time in hospital.

The first time I was "out" for 3 days - remember going out to warm up and then the next memory was waking in hospital surrounded by white curtains- I thought I'd died! that was the result of hitting a plyers hip while going in low` I finshed the game but have no memory- I was 17.

Second time I spent 2 days in hospital- can remember most of it but had no balance/coordination. That was the result of a great low tackle, and the speed I was running at, that caused me to hit the deck with my head. (I'm joking about the speed- if I was running a yard slower I would have been running backwards)

My point is these things can happen just about anytime in contact sport- kneejerk reactions aren't going to stop brain injuries or tragedies. You play , you take the risk`

I'm at a loss with what the NRL are trying to achieve with this. I understand that there is medical evidence etc etc however as a causal observer I am seeing more people being injured /concussion tests coming out of tackles than ever before. Is this related to the change in the rules, I would probably suggest it is.

My personal thought is that Smith and Greenburg are trying to replicate Union, the issue with that is that in Union you don't get a 10 meter buffer to build speed up before hitting the defensive line. How else are people supposed to protect themselves from a big 120kg + forward running at them unless they brace??? On that why are attackers allowed to run at the line, shoulder first under the guise of trying to get an offload away? Where is the difference

On the point of protecting from injuries it was clear that Jorge had zero time to react, him and the fullback both braced for impact. Meanwhile in the dogs v titans game later in the day Kassiano hammered Greg Bird from the blindside into uprotected rib cage whilst Bird was already held in the tackle by two doggies. Are you trying to tell me that is not dangerous?

I'm at a loss with what the NRL are trying to achieve with this. I understand that there is medical evidence etc etc however as a causal observer I am seeing more people being injured /concussion tests coming out of tackles than ever before. Is this related to the change in the rules, I would probably suggest it is.

My personal thought is that Smith and Greenburg are trying to replicate Union, the issue with that is that in Union you don't get a 10 meter buffer to build speed up before hitting the defensive line. How else are people supposed to protect themselves from a big 120kg + forward running at them unless they brace??? On that why are attackers allowed to run at the line, shoulder first under the guise of trying to get an offload away? Where is the difference

On the point of protecting from injuries it was clear that Jorge had zero time to react, him and the fullback both braced for impact. Meanwhile in the dogs v titans game later in the day Kassiano hammered Greg Bird from the blindside into uprotected rib cage whilst Bird was already held in the tackle by two doggies. Are you trying to tell me that is not dangerous?

It was Bird ! who ****in cares?

The half time summary showed their winger do an actual shoulder charge on Jorge early in the game. Refs missed it :mad:

Neither Willie nor Jorge step forward, they both brace for impact. That can never be unlearned as its instinctive @:cool:

Someone should rush at Greenturd unexpectedly and see if he rurns sideways to protect his innards @:mad:

Nothing will happen they'll use the 'it's not his go' defence and get it wiped.

Eastwood should be charged as well as he put a hit one one of the titans players.

They way they are going the NRL will have one or two players from every club suspended every week on shoulder charges. Stupid idiots

Nothing will happen - 'it's not his go' defence will apply as he is not playing for Manly.

Let's get it right it was a collision!!! Hahahahah. I think Greenturd needs a lesson in shoulder charging. Perhaps JWH could be convinced to demonstrate on him!
The way it's going players will be playing touch football soon as they will not be willing to make tackles in fear of it being deemed a shoulder charge because the defender has not had the time to wrap his arms around the attacker FFS.

I've heard that there are more rule changes happening next year.

These include but are not limited to the following:

All uniforms must now have a pretty lace frock around the waist.

All players must now prior to running out on the field must make sure their stockings are straight and their makeup is on.

Further, the players must also carry handbags that must be inspected by referees and other officials to make sure nothing dangerous is being carried in the hand bags.

All post-try celebrations must also include a kiss simply cuddling is no longer allowed.

Football boots are to be replaced with ballet shoes from next year.

Stay tuned for other rule changes.

The club made a big mistake - not for the first time this season - by not challenging the Mason charge. It would have done all RL players a big favour because now, each week, we are going to have this farce.
Is the word 'intent' in the new shoulder charge rule? If not, it should be.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4