SIGNINGS for 2011 :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mick, I recall an article suggesting that now that Quantum have become an owner, and Max has taken a step back, the club IS in fact now able to acquire new talent, because all parties have the capacity to invest the same capital in a fair arrangement going forward.

Now, I'm not say ANYTHING about anyone's position, because that is their private business, not mine, and all I care for is our team.

I'm just saying everyone suggesting the club is broke after:

1. We have now been part purchased by a commercial entity;
2. We have now acquired a major corporate sponsor;
3. The NRL under the new commission is set to provide clubs with an additional circa $750k per season;
4. We have the potential to get yet ANOTHER Corporate major sponsor for the front of the jersey, and Lowey has promised that discussions are well under way with a number of entities

I just think people are over sensitive, and it is not as bad as all of that. Now, before we say our club is broke, I want to let you know a few details here (remembering an owner of the business Quantum with Manly) would not allow it to fall off the tracks:-

Over the past two years Quantum have posted $53,445,000 in NET profit. That is WITHOUT adding back $529,000 in depreciation, which really is an intangible expense.  The company has paid $14,715,000 in tax. The revenue for the group for the past 24 months has been $188,858,000.

All this, while the government has made legislative changes around incentives, meaning revenue would dramatically decrease, but which has meant Quantum have sought alternate sources of revenue throughout Asia and other streams.

The NET assets of the company grew $8,957,530 through a Global Financial Crisis to $43,449,000.

Now, why am I saying all this, and I realise it may be mumbo-jumbo to a lot of you, but it shows the Eagles are a LONG way from going broke. A LONG WAY ! This is without knowing the position of Scott Penn, which I believe is in a very, VERY sound position. Here is a summary of Scott:-

http://www.sphealth.com.au/

Scott Penn
Founder and Chairman

Scott Penn has been an influential member of the weight-loss industry for more than 15 years. Having battled with his weight since his early teens (he attended his first Weight Watchers meeting at age 13) he is one of the few diet educators who has firsthand experience with weight loss.

Scott started his career in the late 1980s with the advertising agency George Patterson. In 1994, he joined Weight Watchers Australia (which his family had a minority shareholding in) to help his parents grow the business. When the company was acquired by a New York based private equity firm, Scott was made CEO of Australasia and a Global Vice President of Weight Watchers International, Inc. In this role he embarked on a number of pioneering initiatives including the launch of the company’s first men’s only program and development of a global food endorsement device. Scott was also instrumental in lobbying the Australian Government to increase awareness of the obesity crisis and argue for incentives for members of the public to lose weight.

More recently, Scott, through SP Health Co, has developed the world’s most comprehensive online weight-loss platform which is currently powering The Biggest Loser Club in Australia and Asia. His interest in health extends into sport and fitness—he is Chairman and Co-owner of the Manly Sea Eagles Football Team and owner of the iconic Australian surf brand, Aloha.

Scott is passionate about health, especially weight loss, and has always been interested in the psychology behind why people overeat. This passion, along with a genuine and grave concern for Australia’s emerging ‘soft society’, led Scott to write The Click Diet—a back to basics approach, which incorporates Scott’s experiences with weight loss and what he calls the “3E’s” of weight management—Energy, Emotion, Environment.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293405520[/time]

Therefore, basically people - stop with the broke bull****....if Quantam and co. had to pump in a lazy $2,000,000 to keep us afloat, and to keep their company name at the forefront in the media through exposure, they would.

We can now move on from this.

ryan just because quantum bought out delmege doesnt mean manly have money now.. all they done is bought out delmeges share  its not like new or extra money is gone into the place.. delmege walked away with the money quantum poured out..
if quantum wanted to be a help to us they should have thrown that lazy 2 million into our coffers while delmege was still there, then i would say yeah we have money, but all they done is bought some one out who then took that money away from the sea eagles..

I heard on the news that Champion is going to Melbourne so that Inglis can sign with Souths. Didn't they have anyone else as Champion did well for them. Just goes to show you are only a number. Where has club loyalty gone, we only talk about player loyalty.

jjai link said:
ryan just because quantum bought out delmege doesnt mean manly have money now.. all they done is bought out delmeges share  its not like new or extra money is gone into the place.. delmege walked away with the money quantum poured out..
if quantum wanted to be a help to us they should have thrown that lazy 2 million into our coffers while delmege was still there, then i would say yeah we have money, but all they done is bought some one out who then took that money away from the sea eagles..

Sorry mate - that is wrong. When Quantum were a "sponsor", they signed a specific contract to do such for a specific time and amount. That is a far cry from what being a part owner does & means.

Being an owner means Quantum now have a direct interest and return on how well Manly does in a bottom line $$$ sense. Therefore, capital invest is warranted.

Remember how much Max injected into the club as an owner.

The whole preface of this is that Penn didn't want to provide capital if the other owner wouldn't provide the same. It was unfair business practice.

That situation has changed.

We are backed & owned by an entity with huge profits now, and another owner with who knows what behind him cash-wise (I DO know he was going to lend millions of dollars to do a re-vamp at one point).

We are presently so far off being broke, it isn't funny.

My situation regarding the players, is that we are very well off. In fact, I believe the "build from within" totally works, and I am very proud to let opposition fans know that. 

Darren link said:
agree chip n chase, that's why losing 2 top junior props is a massive concern,there are very few around!! and if Rose, Gilavou and Cross are considered top 17 then we are really short in talent. 

Rose will be ok if he gets fitter and Gulavou went ok last year. We have got a good pack but there isn't any depth if we have injuries. I wish we still had Warea Hargreaves.

mickqld link said:
I dont understand why people keep posting about signing other players. We have no more money there will be no more signings. Listen to what management has been saying NO MORE SIGNINGS.

I think he might have been stating that we had reached our cap limit (i.e. we cannot afford to spend any more while staying under the cap), not that we are broke.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=185933.msg310417#msg310417 date=1293347652]
agree chip n chase, that's why losing 2 top junior props is a massive concern,there are very few around!! and if Rose, Gilavou and Cross are considered top 17 then we are really short in talent. 

Rose will be ok if he gets fitter and Gulavou went ok last year. We have got a good pack but there isn't any depth if we have injuries. I wish we still had Warea Hargreaves.
[/quote]

In Darren's eyes it is impossible for Galuvao to play ok because he is older than 25 ;)

ryan, your obviously a intelligent bloke with a strong grasp of business but the reality is that football teams with limited revenue available to them run at a loss, especially a club like manly with a ceo devoid of any practical business guise. whilst at a ownership level there may be a lot of money the football operations will always be run on a tight budget with limited monies put into the coffers outside of the usual avenues of revenue 

Actually Ryan is right and it is dependent on the intentions of Quantum. Any form of funds injection in MWSE Ltd is done via the purchase of new shares. So any future injection results in a higher ownership percentage.

ManlyBacker link said:
Actually Ryan is right and it is dependent on the intentions of Quantum. Any form of funds injection in MWSE Ltd is done via the purchase of new shares. So any future injection results in a higher ownership percentage.

This has not been the case in the past, When Penn and Max owned the club the agreement was to provide equal amounts of money, when Max was unable to match Penn in a 50/50 split things got problematic. I don't know if it would be a case of more money, more share or if it would remain the same, equal contribution, share staying the same.

I think that the fact that Quantum bought the club at all is a very good sign. Surely they had all access to the accounts and the records when making a decision, and being a business with shareholders first and foremost they must have decided that they would not make an emotional decision. The fact that they bought in at all, must mean we are not at risk of going bust, at the very least, and most likely that Quantum can see a potential for us to make either a profit, or at least a profit when you factor in the value of name exposure for the business.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185933.msg310475#msg310475 date=1293449245]

This has not been the case in the past, When Penn and Max owned the club the agreement was to provide equal amounts of money, when Max was unable to match Penn in a 50/50 split things got problematic. I don't know if it would be a case of more money, more share or if it would remain the same, equal contribution, share staying the same.

I think that the fact that Quantum bought the club at all is a very good sign. Surely they had all access to the accounts and the records when making a decision, and being a business with shareholders first and foremost they must have decided that they would not make an emotional decision. The fact that they bought in at all, must mean we are not at risk of going bust, at the very least, and most likely that Quantum can see a potential for us to make either a profit, or at least a profit when you factor in the value of name exposure for the business.
[/quote]

Exactly. The NRL has the best television presence along the eastern seaboard. The exposure that brand will get for being an owner of our team is second to none.

As others have said, it is going to be fantastic when a player is being discussed at board level, we know both owner have the ability to stump up the $$$ in a fair and equal amount. That bodes well for the club.

Additionally, I see the Industry Quantum is involved in as being a growing one as the years role on.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185933.msg310475#msg310475 date=1293449245]

[/quote]

It is definitely the case now and effective this year. I think its basis was when the RLFC (The Leagues Club) put forward that any future contributions from them should be done via receiving share issues and this was approved by the Sea Eagles Board. From then any new direct financial contributions have been handled/accepted by way of issue of new shares. That is also why Penn's percentage holdings have gone up.

ok ryan thanks for explaining that, :) .. going by that we should be ok financially..

i guess we have reach our max  in the cap .. otherwise we would be buying players or atleast  gave menzies a yr..

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185933.msg310480#msg310480 date=1293486829]

[/quote]

It is definitely the case now and effective this year. I think its basis was when the RLFC (The Leagues Club) put forward that any future contributions from them should be done via receiving share issues and this was approved by the Sea Eagles Board. From then any new direct financial contributions have been handled/accepted by way of issue of new shares. That is also why Penn's percentage holdings have gone up.
[/quote]

Thanks for that MB, I didn't know that provision had been passed. It makes good sense to me to run things that way anyhow, because then it is clear that the owners who contribute grow their share and their future earning potential by doing so.

THEY struggled to fit Greg Inglis into the salary cap, but for South Sydney's latest signing, the younger brother of Sam Burgess, the trick will be fitting him through the front door.

George Burgess is Sam's little brother by age only. The 18-year-old, who will arrive in Sydney on Friday to take up a two-year deal, is already as big as the Rabbitohs' English recruit. ''And he's still growing,'' Sam Burgess said yesterday.

The Rabbitohs snared George after his English club, Bradford, also the former home of Sam, agreed to release him. While Burgess minor will start in the National Youth Competition squad, and is unlikely to press for NRL selection in the short term, he is highly regarded.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/inglis-a-massive-coup-for-souths-but-new-burgess-boy-is-just-plain-big-20101228-199bd.html

ManlyBacker link said:
THEY struggled to fit Greg Inglis into the salary cap, but for South Sydney's latest signing, the younger brother of Sam Burgess, the trick will be fitting him through the front door.

George Burgess is Sam's little brother by age only. The 18-year-old, who will arrive in Sydney on Friday to take up a two-year deal, is already as big as the Rabbitohs' English recruit. ''And he's still growing,'' Sam Burgess said yesterday.

The Rabbitohs snared George after his English club, Bradford, also the former home of Sam, agreed to release him. While Burgess minor will start in the National Youth Competition squad, and is unlikely to press for NRL selection in the short term, he is highly regarded.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/inglis-a-massive-coup-for-souths-but-new-burgess-boy-is-just-plain-big-20101228-199bd.html

::) Who wrote this article? It implies that the Rabbiohs signed him to a NRL contract when he's actually in the NYC competition (different salary caps) so the Inglis thing shouldn't have got a mention unless they can somehow forge Inglis's birth certificate for him to play U20's

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185933.msg310518#msg310518 date=1293563073]

::) Who wrote this article? It implies that the Rabbiohs signed him to a NRL contract when he's actually in the NYC competition (different salary caps) so the Inglis thing shouldn't have got a mention unless they can somehow forge Inglis's birth certificate for him to play U20's

[/quote]

It does not matter what comp you play in. The highest 25 paid players are counted within the NRL salary cap.

Shaun Berrigan is set to be reunited with former Brisbane Broncos teammates Brett Seymour and Joel Moon at the Warriors in 2011 after gaining an early release from English Super League club Hull.

Berrigan, a veteran of 14 Tests for Australia, is seen by the Warriors as the replacement for hooker Ian Henderson who has signed with French club Catalans Dragons.

more @ http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/shaun-berrigan-to-join-former-brisbane-broncos-teammates-brett-seymour-and-joel-moon-at-the-warriors-in-2011/story-e6frf3ou-1225976969256

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8