Snake DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
In the interests of protecting Silvertails readers from an unpleasant RBT experience (!), you may wish to learn from Snake's experience and consider the following

niccipops said:
Snake should have had himself a big breakfast.
Food doesn't help reduce alcohol in your blood

mickqld said:
Bloody idiot.... for not having a packet of Vicks vapour drops in the glovebox and shoving a couple in the mouth before the test. Works every time.
That might actually increase your breath test reading!

Ralphie said:
This is a misdemeanor and he will not suffer any suspension of either license or NRL games.
Incorrect. Automatic disqualification for 6 months. If his reading was .08 instead of.079 the automatic disqualification is 12 months (and you can get 9 months jail!)

Ryan said:
If he was given 30 more mins, he'd be fine.
Wrong. Alcohol does not leave your system that fast

simon64 said:
How is Snake supposed to know if he's right to drive ?

At least the night before you can make some kind of calculation. Number of standard drinks....length of time....etc.

The morning after is near impossible.
Wrong. You can calculate it roughly, but the main thing is to be aware of the risk you might still be over

Ramrod said:
This is a nothing.
He did the right thing the night before and the morning after bit can happen to anyone. It's just a minor technicality.
Wrong – see comment about Ralphie's post above

manlyfan76 said:
Thing is you don't burn off alcohol in your sleep
Wrong – your body metabolises alcohol whether you are awake or asleep

Peter C said:
the cop probably figured that as her reading was just over, by the time they take her back to have her properly tested, she would have a negative reading.
Depends on when her last drink was. Your blood alcohol level actually rises for quite some time after your last drink before it starts to go down.

Moondog said:
I find it hard to be critical of him.
Personally I've probably been over 0.05 since 1972...
Me too! But in terms of being critical, it is a simple matter of raising community awareness about how long it takes for alcohol to leave your system.

By the way, if you are on a P plate the limit is zero.

So … drink drive responsibly folks! ;)

Ser8 do you have some wisdom on LE's lack of success after a martini and half a bottle or red?

Shoe1 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
In the interests of protecting Silvertails readers from an unpleasant RBT experience (!), you may wish to learn from Snake's experience and consider the following

niccipops said:

mickqld said:
Bloody idiot.... for not having a packet of Vicks vapour drops in the glovebox and shoving a couple in the mouth before the test. Works every time.

Ralphie said:
This is a misdemeanor and he will not suffer any suspension of either license or NRL games.
Incorrect. Automatic disqualification for 6 months. If his reading was .08 instead of.079 the automatic disqualification is 12 months (and you can get 9 months jail!)

Ryan said:

simon64 said:

At least the night before you can make some kind of calculation. Number of standard drinks....length of time....etc.

Wrong. You can calculate it roughly, but the main thing is to be aware of the risk you might still be over

Ramrod said:
This is a nothing.
He did the right thing the night before and the morning after bit can happen to anyone. It's just a minor technicality.

manlyfan76 said:

Peter C said:
the cop probably figured that as her reading was just over, by the time they take her back to have her properly tested, she would have a negative reading.
Depends on when her last drink was. Your blood alcohol level actually rises for quite some time after your last drink before it starts to go down.

Moondog said:
Me too! But in terms of being critical, it is a simple matter of raising community awareness about how long it takes for alcohol to leave your system.

Ser8 do you have some wisdom on LE's lack of success after a martini and half a bottle or red?

He should have poured her a roofiecolada. Giggity!

(no he shouldn't have, nor did he) Allriiight!

Shoe1 said:
Irresponsible to let her drive off in that condition. Should have insisted she stay over. ;)

bones said:
Snake has had his DUI charges dropped on appeal.

Great news Bones. The morning after breathaliser is a trap that could have caught me on many occassions.

strone33 said:
bones said:

Any more detail on this? How does one get a DUI dismissed/dropped?

Yeah exactly, this is important research for us all hahaha. Though I can't see me being charged with drink driving on my omafiets

bones said:

Lucky Cartwright quit today.
With Snake charges being dropped the Tele had to change the back page they had hope to run tomorrow.
At least the titans story gives them a decent story to use.

I can't find it either. My guess is the charge was not dropped but he may have successfully appealed against the conviction and penalty.
A court has discretion to not record a conviction even if an offence is proved. If not convicted, then there is no disqualification and no fine etc.

cant even find it on the 9news.com.au site !

if it had been bad news, it would have been all over the web, everywhere. Good news or non controversial stuff, doesn't rate, deserve mention.

mozgrame said:
Shoe1 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

niccipops said:

mickqld said:

Ralphie said:

Ryan said:

simon64 said:

Ramrod said:
This is a nothing.

manlyfan76 said:

Peter C said:

Moondog said:

He should have poured her a roofiecolada. Giggity!

(no he shouldn't have, nor did he) Allriiight!

This post is like a who's who of ST...

Fair bit of DUI experience on ST by the looks of things.

Perhaps Jodhi (Jodie) Meares should have read this thread before getting into the Rangey.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2