Snake DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had dinner with my girl about a month ago. She had a dirty martini and 2 glasses of red wine. She stayed at my place in Manly for a few hours waiting for the alcohol to wear off before driving home. She didnt drink enough water because she encountered an RBT in Mosman and was just over the limit. She is a hot looking girl. The cop made her wait on the side of the road for about 30 minutes, chatting her up (lol) then let her drive off (despite still being just over the limit).

Moral of the story is, if Snake had a vagina and was hot, the cop might have let him drive off.

Lord Eagleton said:
I had dinner with my girl about a month ago. She had a dirty martini and 2 glasses of red wine. She stayed at my place in Manly for a few hours waiting for the alcohol to wear off before driving home. She didnt drink enough water because she encountered an RBT in Mosman and was just over the limit. She is a hot looking girl. The cop made her wait on the side of the road for about 30 minutes, chatting her up (lol) then let her drive off (despite still being just over the limit).

Moral of the story is, if Snake had a vagina and was hot, the cop might have let him drive off.

Pics of gf or didn't happen!

This low range DUI charge is a real shame for Brett. He's worked hard to rebuilt his clean image after all the mud that's been thrown at it & now this happens...

Yes Mals u r right. But The public have short memories. It won't stay news for long. Imo, the best way for Brett to get past this, is to play great footy, a couple of great tries, and ppl will focus on that.
It might help if he also gets his teeth whitened, a la a former bad boy, now RL Immortal.

Mals said:
This low range DUI charge is a real shame for Brett. He's worked hard to rebuilt his clean image after all the mud that's been thrown at it & now this happens...
Snake should not have had an image to rebuild. The man's name got dragged through the mud by the media and it's still brought up today despite being proved innocent in court by a unanimous jury. Years later a loser tries to fight with Brett due to the previous media defamation.
Yesterday he drives low range the morning after. This is his only genuine indiscretion and it's a very human mistake.
Up until yesterday, Snake's only mistake has been being Brett Stewart who is a freak of a rugby league player.

Lord Eagleton said:

Moral of the story is, cops are assholes.

mozgrame said:
Lord Eagleton said:

It's not as simple as that, the cop probably figured that as her reading was just over, by the time they take her back to have her properly tested, she would have a negative reading.
Happened to my wife, two glasses of wine a couple of hours before the test, but no other fluids, she tested .065, the cop let her off, she's in her fifties, sometimes you get lucky with the police and sometimes not, as in Brett's case.

mozgrame said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Only because they have to deal with dickheads like you.

In the interests of protecting Silvertails readers from an unpleasant RBT experience (!), you may wish to learn from Snake's experience and consider the following

niccipops said:
Snake should have had himself a big breakfast.
Food doesn't help reduce alcohol in your blood

mickqld said:
Bloody idiot.... for not having a packet of Vicks vapour drops in the glovebox and shoving a couple in the mouth before the test. Works every time.
That might actually increase your breath test reading!

Ralphie said:
This is a misdemeanor and he will not suffer any suspension of either license or NRL games.
Incorrect. Automatic disqualification for 6 months. If his reading was .08 instead of.079 the automatic disqualification is 12 months (and you can get 9 months jail!)

Ryan said:
If he was given 30 more mins, he'd be fine.
Wrong. Alcohol does not leave your system that fast

simon64 said:
How is Snake supposed to know if he's right to drive ?

At least the night before you can make some kind of calculation. Number of standard drinks....length of time....etc.

The morning after is near impossible.
Wrong. You can calculate it roughly, but the main thing is to be aware of the risk you might still be over

Ramrod said:
This is a nothing.
He did the right thing the night before and the morning after bit can happen to anyone. It's just a minor technicality.
Wrong – see comment about Ralphie's post above

manlyfan76 said:
Thing is you don't burn off alcohol in your sleep
Wrong – your body metabolises alcohol whether you are awake or asleep

Peter C said:
the cop probably figured that as her reading was just over, by the time they take her back to have her properly tested, she would have a negative reading.
Depends on when her last drink was. Your blood alcohol level actually rises for quite some time after your last drink before it starts to go down.

Moondog said:
I find it hard to be critical of him.
Personally I've probably been over 0.05 since 1972...
Me too! But in terms of being critical, it is a simple matter of raising community awareness about how long it takes for alcohol to leave your system.

By the way, if you are on a P plate the limit is zero.

So … drink drive responsibly folks! ;)

Fluffy said:
mozgrame said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Only because they have to deal with dickheads like you.

I've never been dealt with by a cop, so I guess that assumption of yours makes you a dickhead. But I'll gladly upgrade the charge to dipsh*t. LOL Have a great day Fluff! :D

globaleagle said:
Lord Eagleton said:

You couldnt get her to stay over after a martini and a couple of reds??

globaleagle said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Found a picture of LE's girl

A mate got caught with exact same reading on the next day. Went to court last month and got a Section 10.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8