Snake DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Budgewoi Eagle said:
The worst thing about this is that he will be hanged by the Moronic Court of Public Opinion. The Masses, led by The Media are unlikely to see that it didn't even reach DUI level. Instead, due to a previous charge, they will gang up on him, despite having been proved innocent of that charge, and despite the very low level of this. Watch.

I actually think he plays for Manly is a bigger reason why he'll get hammered then his previous charge.

Didn't Teflon Todd carney get a free breakfast and counselling session with goose gallop for something very similar ? I expect David smith to come out and publicly support snake on this, that's assuming there is consistency in the NRL.

Masked Eagle said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
The worst thing about this is that he will be hanged by the Moronic Court of Public Opinion. The Masses, led by The Media are unlikely to see that it didn't even reach DUI level. Instead, due to a previous charge, they will gang up on him, despite having been proved innocent of that charge, and despite the very low level of this. Watch.

I actually think he plays for Manly is a bigger reason why he'll get hammered then his previous charge.

It certainly contributes. And it has already begun. This from the SMH:

"Stewart, who played played for Australia in 2007, was arrested in 2013 but not charged after a fight with a 21-year-old. It was alleged that Stewart was abused by a patron at The Shark Bar on Manly Corso last January.
He was stood down in 2009 after being charged with the sexual assault of a 17-year-old. Stewart, who was the face of the NRL’s campaign that season, was found not gulity. He denied the allegations that he twice tongue-kissed and inappropriately touched the teen on his way home from a boozy Manly season launch function."

Three incidents which ended in no conviction, fully detailed. That's really necessary? Relevant? You wouldn't be a public figure for anything.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Oh yeah, double demerit weekend! Manly would cop a big fine if Gallop was still in power!

So It’s Double Demerit weekend so Snake will get 8 weeks #snakeDUI #nrl

Chip and Chase said:
assuming there is consistency in the NRL.
hahahahahaha

niccipops said:
Well the coppers on RBT always tell the morning after people that they should have eaten breakfast
I know of many people who get their legal advice from police, and a lot of them are now in jail!

The SMH should hang their head in shame for the continued harassment over a false accusation, that Snake was cleared by in a Court of Law FFS :mad:

The DUI is an everyday issue, surprised that people who drink don't have a DUI tester at home :idea:

Sit him out for a week. Looks good for us plus Hiku can cover nice and easy haha. Who've we got anyways?

This is why after a night on the schooners i like to sleep in til, what time is it now, 12:45pm!

This is a nothing.
He did the right thing the night before and the morning after bit can happen to anyone. It's just a minor technicality.
I'm disappointed in a lack of complete support for Snake over this.

RE: Snake in hot water with the police

Delete this post.
We know on the other post why this happened.
A "morning after" reading.

How is Snake supposed to know if he's right to drive ?

At least the night before you can make some kind of calculation. Number of standard drinks....length of time....etc.

The morning after is near impossible.

You watch the media have a field day calling for his head because he plays for Manly.

Bloody idiot.... for not having a packet of Vicks vapour drops in the glovebox and shoving a couple in the mouth before the test. Works every time.

OK, so he heads home at midnight (by cab), and drives at 10.00am the next day - if I were point .07 (.05 being the legal limit) there is no way in hell I'd know.

If he was given 30 more mins, he'd be fine.

When the limit was .08 I was pulled over and blew .079. I had no discernible sense that I had any alcohol affect (ie that glow) and I was stunned it went so close.

Snake was the morning after and would have had no comprehension that he was even close. This is a misdemeanor and he will not suffer any suspension of either license or NRL games.

^ Agreed. I'm also surprised by the even-handed reporting of it in "The Telegraph". Has quotes from Snake and comparisons to Mason and Tamou.

If he's blown 0.07 roadside he should be under by the time he blows on the machine back at the station.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2