Snake DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being a diabetic whether 1 or 2 you can drink alcohol within reason i drink 2 or 3 beers every a week only because i choose to do so, test glucose levels regularly, stick to your carbs and everything is good, occasionally you go through a bad patch but it happens.

silvertail said:
Channel nine news did a decent and fair reporting job.

Except they showed a picture of his house. Unnecessary.

Keel-hauling ?

Yes, this is OK - he's human and can make mistakes. He caught a cab home the previous night ffs, . . . and he'll turn this into motivation.

Watch him go Sunday ! I can feel a 'double' lurking :)

Jerry1 said:
Yes all good until some drunk runs over your child.
I don't think referring to Snake as drunk is fair in this situation. Driving home intoxicated is far different from cabbing it, sleeping for hours and then driving the next day.

niccipops said:
Jerry1 said:
I don't think referring to Snake as drunk is fair in this situation. Driving home intoxicated is far different from cabbing it, sleeping for hours and then driving the next day.

Thing is you don't burn off alcohol in your sleep. He would have been better served to stay awake all night and then pick the car up. And whilst driving tired can be as bad as driving drunk they don't have random driving tired tests.

manlyfan76 said:
Thing is you don't burn off alcohol in your sleep. He would have been better served to stay awake all night and then pick the car up. And whilst driving tired can be as bad as driving drunk they don't have random driving tired tests.
Snake's apparent words as quoted in the DT:

“I’m really disappointed this has happened. I had no idea I was over the limit.
“There’s no way I would have got behind the wheel if I thought there was a problem.”

Sounds like he made an honest misjudgement and is remorseful for doing so.
He seems a good bloke as well as an awesome fullback so hopefully he'll learn from this and move on.

Seems the same media that were silent on Knights & NRL not banning Mason from any games are out tonight baying for Snake to be stood down as punishment.

Jerry1 said:

Firstly, kids in my days are smarter than todays. We didn't even need 40km zones. When I was a youngan and saw a car coming, I know it wouldn't be too smart to walk in front of it. Now, they need these assistance because they can't think for themselves anymore.

Secondly, why is your child not with the parents?
I see many instances where kids are out roaming the streets unsupervised.
When they end up abducted or otherwise, they go crying on TV about the why oh whys. As much as I feel sorry for them, they should not allow their kids to go running around on their own. Period.

Ramrod said:
Jerry1 said:

Firstly, kids in my days are smarter than todays. We didn't even need 40km zones. When I was a youngan and saw a car coming, I know it wouldn't be too smart to walk in front of it. Now, they need these assistance because they can't think for themselves anymore.

When they end up abducted or otherwise, they go crying on TV about the why oh whys. As much as I feel sorry for them, they should not allow their kids to go running around on their own. Period.

Wtf ? Lol

mickqld said:
Bloody idiot.... for not having a packet of Vicks vapour drops in the glovebox and shoving a couple in the mouth before the test. Works every time.
Lol, good luck with that one Mick.
There is a fair bit of misinformation in this thread, but if anyone is going to test out some of the home remedies, please post the results here (when you are released from the police station) !! :)

Ramrod said:
Jerry1 said:

I like your thinking

He'll get off, all we need is one of the respected media commentators to come out with the "not his go" line.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8