Snake in Doubt for Cowboys Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if it's a heavy track i don't think he'll play and the game will be a big one in the forwards. if it stays as is now, or is a sunny one tomorrow, i think he'll run out and it'll be a game for the backs to stamp their mark.
just a gut feeling.

MK Eagle said:
Unless 100% - Do NOT Risk!!
Every final is important but the priority is both Stewarts playing in the GF!!

There is no use having both Stewart's ready to play on grand final day if the Manly team are at home watching it on tv.

This game may not be do or die for us, but it is incredibly important. The week off is huge with all the niggling injuries, not to mention we may find ourselves with a trip to Brisbane or New Zealand later down the track as we lose all home rights with a loss this weekend.

If he is unfit to play then obviously it is a no-brainer, he can't play. But resting him on precaution is not an option, we are in the finals now. The Cowboys are a quality side, we cannot rock up just expecting a win and resting players.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
if it's a heavy track i don't think he'll play and the game will be a big one in the forwards. if it stays as is now, or is a sunny one tomorrow, i think he'll run out and it'll be a game for the backs to stamp their mark.
just a gut feeling.
It is mostly sunny tomorrow, no chance of rain. Should be a good track if the groundsmen do their job.

mcatt said:
MK Eagle said:
Unless 100% - Do NOT Risk!!
Every final is important but the priority is both Stewarts playing in the GF!!

There is no use having both Stewart's ready to play on grand final day if the Manly team are at home watching it on tv.

This game may not be do or die for us, but it is incredibly important. The week off is huge with all the niggling injuries, not to mention we may find ourselves with a trip to Brisbane or New Zealand later down the track as we lose all home rights with a loss this weekend.

If he is unfit to play then obviously it is a no-brainer, he can't play. But resting him on precaution is not an option, we are in the finals now. The Cowboys are a quality side, we cannot rock up just expecting a win and resting players.

both good points mcatt - you win captain obvious award for today! :D

how well does the SFS track drain supernintendo ch? probably pretty well and it would be less heavy underfoot there than at brookie oval.

Weather still in the balance - looks like we'll be getting rain overnight and some through sat morning with fresh/strong SSW winds, but according to the weather bureau charts the rain will start to go away from midday saturday.

It mightn't be too bad re the rain by 8.30pm tomorrow night, but for the fans will be cold.

Cowboys might find the cold weather difficult to adjust to after Nth Qld's balmy weather

Ceagle said:
Supernintendo Chalmers said:
just a gut feeling.
It is mostly sunny tomorrow, no chance of rain. Should be a good track if the groundsmen do their job.

Are we talking SFS or Rosehill?lol
..then again Stewy does love a good gallop!

I really think Oldfield should be switched to Killers side if he's required on saturday night, the side he played earlier in the year when he looked anything but shaky. In fairness to the young bloke, for someone who isn't that experienced in the top grade, playing outside Killer who is more traditional the way he defends as opposed to Matai who can be more Kamikaze. Killer could also help out when it comes to defusing bombs.

No mention on Channel 10 sport, where they had Des talking to the press at Narrabeen, of him missing out either.

I don't think they would have taken the early plea if there was any doubt about him playing.

They could have fought the suspension and maybe got less if he was going to be injured anyway and he wouldn't have the carry over points he has now

Waiting for Snake to pass a fitness test is something we are going to have to get used to I'm afraid. His knee problem is degenerative and he doesn't do a lot of training during the week, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will miss a heap of games. Just means if he pulls up extra sore after a game his chances of playing the next week are a bit lower.

Isn't this the first time this season he has had problems with his knee? It was a hammy injury before.

I have real fitness doubts on both Snake and Hoppa. Could be our big weakness tomorrow.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7