Something is rotten in the club of Dontmatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
You may have read the article on the back page of today's Manly Daily:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ach-geoff-toovey/story-fngr8iii-1227266768503

Something in Foran's words made it sound like an offer too good not to refuse.

I know the other offer is a bit more than Manly's, but it must have been something else that clinches the deal water tight (and it's certainly not Uncle Arthur).

It might be something extra from the sponsors or a massive undeclared backroom deal from some big corp like Dyldo or some rich Westie loving fan.

It really smells rotten.
This could even be as BIG as what the Storm revealed back in 2010.
The only thing is, this slimiest mob cannot return any silverware or any titles, except a cornucopia collection of wooden spoons that nobody wants.

Anyone knows any investigator and/or journalist that are interested to dig around?
This might be quite a discovery and a massive story.
It might even ruin golden boy's enjoyment out west. :devil:
-

I work in Parra, the last 7 years, for one of the major banks. ANyway , parra has buildings going up all over the place from Dyldo.. wouldnt suprise me one bit to tell you the truth.

Theres alot of us Manly supporters here belive it or not. one of my bosses is a die hard like me, last week we saw Dropmough and Lussick having lunch at one of the cafes, and my manager calls out, Hey Choc stop pretending to read the menu!! then he turns to me and says, maybe he should order some F^&* You soup. lol couldnt stop laughing. Imean they have enough spoons to eat it with

Theres alot of us Manly supporters here belive it or not. one of my bosses is a die hard like me, last week we saw Dropmough and Lussick having lunch at one of the cafes, and my manager calls out, Hey Choc stop pretending to read the menu!! then he turns to me and says, maybe he should order some F^&* You soup. lol couldnt stop laughing. Imean they have enough spoons to eat it with
Stop pretending to read the menu...that's a classic!! Lol

I know there was a recent article about Parra gathering some businessmen to put together a fighting fund to get in a marquee player. Maybe that is what it is. They would have coin available because Hayne is gone.

Rotten that he went there of all places, shows you how the dollar talks that he would sell out his mate and his future.

I'd anything good came out out of this is that he didn't go to the Bulldogs" they are stuck with their two ordinary halves who won't win them a premiership.. They must be teetering on the edge of the salary cap as is.

You may have read the article on the back page of today's Manly Daily:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ach-geoff-toovey/story-fngr8iii-1227266768503

Something in Foran's words made it sound like an offer too good not to refuse.

I know the other offer is a bit more than Manly's, but it must have been something else that clinches the deal water tight (and it's certainly not Uncle Arthur).

It might be something extra from the sponsors or a massive undeclared backroom deal from some big corp like Dyldo or some rich Westie loving fan.

It really smells rotten.
This could even be as BIG as what the Storm revealed back in 2010.
The only thing is, this slimiest mob cannot return any silverware or any titles, except a cornucopia collection of wooden spoons that nobody wants.

Anyone knows any investigator and/or journalist that are interested to dig around?
This might be quite a discovery and a massive story.
It might even ruin golden boy's enjoyment out west. :devil:
-

Great post......!

I actually think there may be some very dodgey dealings going on at a few clubs.

But there seems to be a mega stench emanating from the books at the squeels. And I would not be surprised if there were some past or current political types involved in some way also.

The NRL seriously need to clamp down on creative accounting and structure TPA's differently and put a cap on those for starters. But they just seem to run things to suit themselves with no accountability anyway, so what hope do we have?

Maybe some journo could look into the squeels as well as the NRL........!!!!

Not sure what happened with this from last year.........

NRL to investigate Eels over Obeid property deal
August 15, 2014
Kate McClymont and Adrian Proszenko

The NRL will investigate whether there are any salary cap implications in a property deal between Parramatta forward Darcy Lussick and a company connected to the Obeid family.

The NRL is in the process of conducting a mid-year review of each club's salary caps and the Eels matter will come under scrutiny as part of the audit.

Lussick acquired a discounted apartment from Gerard Obeid’s company Pope Property Holdings in June last year for $600,000. The apartment had been acquired by the Obeid’s a year earlier for $630,462.

Read more at

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...over-obeid-property-deal-20140814-10490t.html

And something else................not sure what the outcome was of this either.........

Corrupt former minister Joe Tripodi tried to align Parramatta Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo’s company with Nathan Tinkler’s firm Buildev
EXCLUSIVE Andrew Clennell and Alicia Wood
The Daily Telegraph
September 03, 2014 12:00AM

CONTROVERSIAL former Parramatta Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo has surfaced in Joe Tripodi’s evidence to ICAC, with revelations the corrupt former minister tried to align his old friend’s company with Nathan Tinkler’s firm Buildev on a golf course land investment.

Read more at
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ers-firm-buildev/story-fni0cx12-1227045663109

Last edited:
Great post......!

I actually think there may be some very dodgey dealings going on at a few clubs.

But there seems to be a mega stench emanating from the books at the squeels. And I would not be surprised if there were some past or current political types involved in some way also.

The NRL seriously need to clamp down on creative accounting and structure TPA's differently and put a cap on those for starters. But they just seem to run things to suit themselves with no accountability anyway, so what hope do we have?

Maybe some journo could look into the squeels as well as the NRL........!!!!

Not sure what happened with this from last year.........

NRL to investigate Eels over Obeid property deal
August 15, 2014
Kate McClymont and Adrian Proszenko

The NRL will investigate whether there are any salary cap implications in a property deal between Parramatta forward Darcy Lussick and a company connected to the Obeid family.

The NRL is in the process of conducting a mid-year review of each club's salary caps and the Eels matter will come under scrutiny as part of the audit.

Lussick acquired a discounted apartment from Gerard Obeid’s company Pope Property Holdings in June last year for $600,000. The apartment had been acquired by the Obeid’s a year earlier for $630,462.

Read more at

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...over-obeid-property-deal-20140814-10490t.html

And something else................not sure what the outcome was of this either.........

Corrupt former minister Joe Tripodi tried to align Parramatta Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo’s company with Nathan Tinkler’s firm Buildev
EXCLUSIVE Andrew Clennell and Alicia Wood
The Daily Telegraph
September 03, 2014 12:00AM

CONTROVERSIAL former Parramatta Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo has surfaced in Joe Tripodi’s evidence to ICAC, with revelations the corrupt former minister tried to align his old friend’s company with Nathan Tinkler’s firm Buildev on a golf course land investment.

Read more at
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ers-firm-buildev/story-fni0cx12-1227045663109

Good reminder about the Lussick dodgy dealings.

Foran also said at the end it came down to making the best decision for him and his family and he liked the opportunity that Parramatta offered.
That also stinks of something unsavoury.

There's probably nothing untoward other than the fact they have put all their eggs in one basket again! Seriously, they are that stupid! You think after how they performed year in year out with Hayne on the books, who is much more of a game changer, that they would have learned their lesson. You'd think they would have looked at successful clubs of today and learned something. We only performed how we had because the combined salaries of our halves was manageable, with bigger money tied up in the forwards and with international quality backs. They have Foz and... Choc..?

Good reminder about the Lussick dodgy dealings.

Foran also said at the end it came down to making the best decision for him and his family and he liked the opportunity that Parramatta offered.
That also stinks of something unsavoury.
that line (best decision for him & his family)he used repeatedly had me wondering also,
what does parra offer that makes it a great decision for his family?
is it the time he spends away from them in traffic travelling to & from training?
or is he moving there & the beaches of manly just don't suit him & his family?
or is it something else that we may never know?
because it wasn't for the money!!!

that line (best decision for him & his family)he used repeatedly had me wondering also,
is it the time he spends away from them in traffic travelling to & from training?
Weĺl he did grow up in the bosky climes of Snives. An upmarket zoob (non-surfing) zone. So he will fit in at Castle Hill - Snives West.

I suspect there is nothing dodgy. I agree with @Loobs that it is just Parra putting themselves in a hole again. They will have to release many players in the near future due to cap space.

If they don't, then I'll suspect something.

I suspect there is nothing dodgy. I agree with @Loobs that it is just Parra putting themselves in a hole again. They will have to release many players in the near future due to cap space.

If they don't, then I'll suspect something.
Yeah when you have some quality young guys coming through what you want is to tie up a ridiculous amount with 2 guys who need talent around them. Brilliant!

Last edited:

After Foran signed, an article quoted a Slimy official saying that they are not done yet in the players market.

It's obvious they have so much room in their cap due to dodgy dealings.

They probably even have room for Hayne when he stumbles back into Sydney.

Tepai moeroa would be great.

They'll be howling and crying for years if someone pinched him.

Given how much they have spent on their recruitment the last 2 or 3 years, their salary cap has to be bulging. His next contract will be worth $500,000 in the current climate & they would have great difficulty in keeping him.

I'd love to have him & we'd have the money to get him.

Next year is the olympics he is targeting so 2017 would be great if he is off contract by then.

Hit 'em where it hurts!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8