SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rafferty

Mug punter
Luai was pretty tough standing over an unconscious Cobbo giving him a mouthful.
Yep that was pathetic, piss weak and embarrassing, its strange, I can’t stand him, then you have to support him as a blues fan and he carries on like that. If he actually pulled off a big hit I’d kind of get it, but his such a cat and a full embarrassment to himself and our jersey, he can piss right off for mine.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Now we know for sure there is one rule for Origin and another rule for the comp.

How on earth do Gagai, throwing punches and starting a blue with Burton and Tino, high tackle earlier and headlock on Burton escape a suspension and get slapped on the wrist with a wet feather fine. Get real NRL. This underlines the inconsistency of the judiciary!

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Tbh, Burto seems like a nice guy. And it showed. I don’t think he was actually aware that he was in a punch on until it was too late. Some blokes are just nice guys. Unlike the two feral dogs that got stuck into him. 1 on 1= Ok. But I fuucking HATE when someone jumps in and proceeds to pull a dog act by holding the player back so the other dog can get in some cheap shots. I’m more disappointed that someone didn’t go after Tino as a square up. :punch:View attachment 21559View attachment 21560
I didn't think Tino threw any he got him in a headlock and took him to the ground which Burton would be happy about because Gagai couldn't punch him anymore

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Now we know for sure there is one rule for Origin and another rule for the comp.

How on earth do Gagai, throwing punches and starting a blue with Burton and Tino, high tackle earlier and headlock on Burton escape a suspension and get slapped on the wrist with a wet feather fine. Get real NRL. This underlines the inconsistency of the judiciary!
Origin has always been refed different hardly any 6 again which was good

Rafferty

Mug punter

The officialdom come out earlier in the year and basically said as much in an article saying something about treating rep games and suspensions differently to NRL games from memory, they obviously meant what they said, pretty sure the game would of rated super well last night, let’s face it it was as close to the good old days as we’ve seen for a long while and it was great, I’m sure their coffers will swell in line with the product on display last night, can’t say I’m surprised by the outcome.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ummmm Burton took out Ponga after he made the break & passed by running into his back for no reason mate! Gagai retaliated & Tino came into hold Burton back...then Api came in also. If Tino goes as 3rd man in so does Api. It's not the reason NSW lost......it's the fu<king moron Coach & his twat assistant Johns who lost it. Did you listen to the embarrassing biased NSW commentary from the 9 team? Disgusting & that idiot Johns almost in tears....what a fu>king dickhead he is! Man i can't stand the sight of the moaning pri<k!
Check the tape mate. Tino does indeed come in and hold Burton back….while Gagai throws more punches (look at the second picture of my post). And by the time Api got there, there were four Qld players on Burton.
I agree it wasn’t the reason we lost. When Crichton thru that ball back into the ingoal when we were in front 12-10, that’s when I thought, here we go again. And they did. Unforced errors, and they imploded.

Last edited:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I didn't think Tino threw any he got him in a headlock and took him to the ground which Burton would be happy about because Gagai couldn't punch him anymore
I never said Tino threw any, it’s the dog act of holding Burto back, then in a headlock while Gagai was STILL punching him. Look at the second pic.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we got a penalty and he got put on report for the first swinging arm to Burton's head in the first half. And we also got a penalty after Gagai and Burton got sent for 10. How Burton ends up in the bin for getting punched in the head and having the temerity to try to defend himself while being attacked by three Queenslanders is beyond me.

The NRL's hypocrisy ****s me to tears: no contact with the head, player safety, throwing a punch is a send-off, etc. It all goes out the window in Origin. And aside from giving them carte blanche on the biff, Klein refereed the ruck for the two teams completely differently. He let Queensland slow the play the ball and it killed us.

That said, we still could have been in it if we didn't keep handing the ball over in our own end.
That’s exactly how I saw it too. The bif, Klein (yeah, let everything go, but ping Telakai for playing the ball angled wrong).
And yes, in the end we were our own worst enemies.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Burton has a very punchable looking head. It's unsurprising Gagai couldn't resist.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Congratulations to DCE and Jake. They both had huge games. NSW beat themselves with errors and a real lack of discipline. Not a fan of Fittler and his players club. I thought the exclusion of Regan Campbell-Gillard allegedly because he didn't fit into the squad was inappropriate and made a mockery of it being a representative team. So that took some of the sting out of the loss to Queensland.

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader
Tbh, Burto seems like a nice guy. And it showed. I don’t think he was actually aware that he was in a punch on until it was too late. Some blokes are just nice guys. Unlike the two feral dogs that got stuck into him. 1 on 1= Ok. But I fuucking HATE when someone jumps in and proceeds to pull a dog act by holding the player back so the other dog can get in some cheap shots. I’m more disappointed that someone didn’t go after Tino as a square up. :punch:View attachment 21559View attachment 21560
I was outraged that none of our boys went after those grubs Tino and Gagai

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Pretty sure that the concussion of Cam Murray was caused by a deliberate head butt from the ball carrier.

The Who

Journey Man
NSW missed having a forward such as Guacca. The NSW second-rowers (martin, Crichton and Murray) are not big enforcers, and this is where I believe our forwards lacked penetration. Fittler will regret not selecting Gucca (or a similar type of player), and I imagine he'll be in the 2023 SOO side, even though he has committed to Tonga.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16