SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So many contradictions from Freddy, when I thought he has a simple, principles based approach to selection.

I was interested to see if he picked Haas because he has said in the past that he won’t pick players who have contract dramas. But I guess Freddy is ok with that now.

He also seems ok selecting Api after he broke the COVID bubble last year, putting his own needs before the team’s.

And then there is the selection of the Frizell and Sims, who have done SFA all year. Apparently they are ahead of Liam Martin in the pecking order, which I find amazing.

I guess we will see if this works out for NSW and Freddy…

As for Jake, he wouldn’t have let anyone down if selected and he has won origin games before off the back of his defence. But agree with what others say - his form doesn’t warrant it this year. Sadly, the game moved against him overnight with the 2020 rule changes….

How many more years do we have the $900K Labrador for. No wonder we can't find a hooker.
$1.2mill capt confused goose
$1.0 mill porcelain bench ornament
$900K plodding labrador
$800K cornrows benchpresser.
Nearly half the salary cap.
God help us.
Seriously mick, you're losing the plot.
  1. If you can't find a hooker, you ain't looking hard enough. I could find one that would fit under your salary cap.
  2. What's wrong with a Labrador. They are loyal, they are fearsome, and if you hurt one of their own they would kill you. We should embrace that.
  3. Calling our Captain a Goose insinuates he's good in water, we are hopeless when it's wet, yeah I get sometimes in dry too....
  4. Porcelain bench ornaments. Fair dinkum the Chinese have insured the Terracotta Soldiers for $4BIl US $'s. Shouldn't we?
  5. Don't get the cornrows? Just saying...
  6. Other teams other than the Rooters, The Scum, the Donkeys, we all have the same cap, we just need to deal with it.
  7. God won't help us, he hates Manly too. As does everyone else.
There you go.... a Sunday reality check. Plus I have had a couple of Shiraz's tonight.

How many more years do we have the $900K Labrador for. No wonder we can't find a hooker.
$1.2mill capt confused goose
$1.0 mill porcelain bench ornament
$900K plodding labrador
$800K cornrows benchpresser.
Nearly half the salary cap.
God help us.
I agree with you here mick
We are certainly not getting a return on our inve$tment at the moment

I do not agree our captain is a goose. He is just out of from but he always bounces back to his best
Tom has had a bad luck with Injuries and that will turn
Jakes game will get better when we as a team starts playing better
Marty has been a great player and sadly all great things come to an end

So many contradictions from Freddy, when I thought he has a simple, principles based approach to selection.

I was interested to see if he picked Haas because he has said in the past that he won’t pick players who have contract dramas. But I guess Freddy is ok with that now.

He also seems ok selecting Api after he broke the COVID bubble last year, putting his own needs before the team’s.

And then there is the selection of the Frizell and Sims, who have done SFA all year. Apparently they are ahead of Liam Martin in the pecking order, which I find amazing.

I guess we will see if this works out for NSW and Freddy…

As for Jake, he wouldn’t have let anyone down if selected and he has won origin games before off the back of his defence. But agree with what others say - his form doesn’t warrant it this year. Sadly, the game moved against him overnight with the 2020 rule changes….
How can Freddy justify Frizell over Jake.
The Knights are worse than us and Frizell has been awful. If selecting on form then Jake is much higher in the pecking order.

How can Freddy justify Frizell over Jake.
The Knights are worse than us and Frizell has been awful. If selecting on form then Jake is much higher in the pecking order.
Frizzell is arguably more versatile, and definitely more dynamic than Jurbo. Jurbos best attributes are less necessary in a team of representative players. Frizzell can still chase down backline players, Jake never could

Yeah I realise this i would still have him in the squad above Frizell and deffos above Saifiti
You won't get an argument from me there re Saifiti. I'd also have Jake over RGC. All he does is lumber to the line turn around and reverse into the defence bum first.

And if Slater is worth his weight, there's no chance DCE should be anywhere near QLD (but as a NSW supporter, I'm glad he will be).

Nathan Cleary and Jarmone Luai vs.
DCE and Munster
Who would u pick at Qld number 7 ? Bunt or deardon ?

I haven't read all 7 pages of this thread so I'm probably repeating what several others have said, but Jake doesn't deserve to make the Blues squad on form this year, his impact in attack is limited and he gives away too many six agains.

Who would u pick at Qld number 7 ? Bunt or deardon ?

I'd actually go:

01. Reece Walsh
06. Kaylin Ponga
07. Cameron Munster
09. Harry Grant
14. AJ Brinson

Like Manly , it's time for the maroons to think of the future. There is that much skill in those players.

Last thing they need is some 33 year old running sidewards set after set.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12