State of Origin 2015 game 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Klemmer is awesome. Just a state of origin player. But the nsw players just did to qld what they normally do to us. They hit them late, they niggled and just annoyed them. Superb work.

Great win by the Blues. I've got to say, I thought Daly was ineffective. He wasn't necessarily poor, his game just doesn't suit their long established structure.

Klemmer was having a ball out there and his battle with Parker at the end was great to see.

That's rubbish. Firstly Inglis was in front of Morgan and the other player and secondly the ball hit Gilletts foot and Inglis was in front of him.
I just had this debate on Facebook.

Morgan attempts a strip and still has his hand on the ball when it comes loose from Pearce, the ball then goes down and forward from Morgans perspective and Pearce tries to grab it. At that very point it is a knock on against Morgan, Pearce then knocks on and Myles knocks on after and Inglis picks it up in an offside position. Therefore it's a double knock on and no try.

Morgan clearly goes for a strip, Gould is an idiot regarding loose carry, he hard a perfectly fine carry and the attempted strip is why it is a knock on.

Correct call and fine with it.

I also though the forward pass call against NSW was fine, I called it forward live, and was not surprised it was called back

I know it'll only last until NSW get hammered in game 3, but I will enjoy the radio sook that'll go on tomorrow morning. They take it so very personally up here..

Great win by the Blues. I've got to say, I thought Daly was ineffective. He wasn't necessarily poor, his game just doesn't suit their long established structure.

Klemmer was having a ball out there and his battle with Parker at the end was great to see.
I agree with Daly not suiting the QLD structure. It seemed like they tried to get him to play like Cronk and he just isn't suited to that. I think DCE will do well at origin but it will take QLD to change their game plan quite a bit to suit his style a bit more.

I just had this debate on Facebook.

Morgan attempts a strip and still has his hand on the ball when it comes loose from Pearce, the ball then goes down and forward from Morgans perspective and Pearce tries to grab it. At that very point it is a knock on against Morgan, Pearce then knocks on and Myles knocks on after and Inglis picks it up in an offside position. Therefore it's a double knock on and no try.

Morgan clearly goes for a strip, Gould is an idiot regarding loose carry, he hard a perfectly fine carry and the attempted strip is why it is a knock on.

Correct call and fine with it.

I also though the forward pass call against NSW was fine, I called it forward live, and was not surprised it was called back
Bang on the money :)

It would be ok if DCE was actually allowed to do more than catch and pass. Its clear as day that the instructions were that Smith and Thurston run things out there.

Until such time as he is the senior Qld halfback (i.e. he is the one running the show), DCE will continue to cop criticism in Origin. If Mal actually let him off the leash rather than just talking it up in the media then you might actually see him do what we've seen him do here at Manly so many times.

I will agree that the Pearce no-try was just as bad a decision. No forward pass there. Quite frankly Barry Gomersall would have done a better job tonight.

It would be ok if DCE was actually allowed to do more than catch and pass. Its clear as day that the instructions were that Smith and Thurston run things out there.

Until such time as he is the senior Qld halfback (i.e. he is the one running the show), DCE will continue to cop criticism in Origin. If Mal actually let him off the leash rather than just talking it up in the media then you might actually see him do what we've seen him do here at Manly so many times.

I will agree that the Pearce no-try was just as bad a decision. No forward pass there. Quite frankly Barry Gomersall would have done a better job tonight.
Hmmmmmm I agreed up until the Gomersall bit :) Very long bow to draw there!

Last edited:
I agree with Daly not suiting the QLD structure. It seemed like they tried to get him to play like Cronk and he just isn't suited to that. I think DCE will do well at origin but it will take QLD to change their game plan quite a bit to suit his style a bit more.

Yep their game plan is built around Cronk and particularly his combinations with Slater and Smith. They've had so much success with that formula that I don't think there even is a plan B. DCE won't be any good for QLD as long as they play around the assumption that he is just slotting in for Cronk. And I'm just fine with that.

At least chez will be fresh for Friday night!
He didn't play well but every time he got the ball he was looking for something.

Yep their game plan is built around Cronk and particularly his combinations with Slater and Smith. They've had so much success with that formula that I don't think there even is a plan B. DCE won't be any good for QLD as long as they play around the assumption that he is just slotting in for Cronk. And I'm just fine with that.
It's funny, he played better for Australia than he did for QLD and people are saying he isn't cut out for rep footy.

Clemmer is my new hero(and probably some notable Broncos' players as well) for going after Parker...wanted someone to get up in that mofo's grill for too long I tell ya...too long...! (sorry been brainwashed the daughters hip hop crap!lol).
Go the Blues.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8