State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One thing in NSW's favour, NSW are the underdogs now.
One thing for certain feathered friend

The Maroons will do no favours to the Blues underdogs

They will send them packing back in their miserable Losing dog house where they belong
1686738855505.jpeg

Now we can all sit back and watch our $2.5 mil worth of players bust their arses in a meaningless game, in a meaningless series that NSW will lose anyway all for the NRL $$$ and designed to appease the Qld moroons masses only anyway.

From the Guardian, author Matt Cleary. This was written more than two years ago, but it’s as relevant now as it was then:

Tom Trbojevic of the Blues

How to stop State of Origin sucking oxygen from the NRL​

Matt Cleary

The world’s premier rugby league competition has almost become an audition for a three-game mid-year series
@journomatcleary
Wed 28 Apr 2021 12.18 AEST

Without the great Tom Trbojevic, Manly were zero-and-four, rudderless and hopeless. Since his return, the influence of this one-man force of nature has been likened to Andrew Johns’s at Newcastle Knights or Johnathan Thurston’s at North Queensland Cowboys. It’s almost as if when he plays, Manly win.

And yet, the big question is: do they play him on the wing for New South Wales?

NRL floats idea of conference system in potentially huge shake up for rugby league
The Penrith Panthers are going great guns – one loss, the grand final, in the last 25 starts for this happy mob of local juniors, mates from Mt Druitt, who are playing a brand of fun-running footy that is lighting up the league.

Continue at link:

Now we can all sit back and watch our $2.5 mil worth of players bust their arses in a meaningless game, in a meaningless series that NSW will lose anyway all for the NRL $$$ and designed to appease the Qld moroons masses only anyway.
I can't argue with that.

I think the only way the game will be meaningful is if the powers that be give Klein and the bunker 'the word', e.g. ensure the Blues get all the 50/50 calls, and do whatever it takes to get a Blues win thus ensuring a meaningful game for the decider in Sydney. A Maroons win at Suncorp would appease the Qld masses but wipe out any interest, i.e. $$$, for the Sydney game.

And Turbo better not bust any part of his body for a meaningless game!

I can't argue with that.

I think the only way the game will be meaningful is if the powers that be give Klein and the bunker 'the word', e.g. ensure the Blues get all the 50/50 calls, and do whatever it takes to get a Blues win thus ensuring a meaningful game for the decider in Sydney. A Maroons win at Suncorp would appease the Qld masses but wipe out any interest, i.e. $$$, for the Sydney game.

And Turbo better not bust any part of his body for a meaningless game!
origin coin has, and will be a contentious deal leading into the next rights deal. the jewel has slipped in ratings a long way

Im of the same belief, that cant ensure NSW win but the 50/50 and the penalties will be the best wager of the night

NSW 10 -3 ....penalties

doesnt origin provide close to 30% of total revenue per season. we hate it as fans but if all the players took a 30% haircut we would play 10 per year
it will only cease to be if we all stop watching

Last edited:
Think QLD by 13+
Blues will be in it for the first 40-60 minutes then QLD run away with it
All the 50/50 calls blues way.
Freddie and brandy sacked after game 3

On this, the day of Origin II ... here are NSW and Qld sides made entirely from Manly's own Origin reps (artistic licence taken. Couldn't leave Snake, Wombat or Fatty out so Snake and the Fat are out of position).

Note that we have only had 15 Qld Origin players.

FB - Graham Eadie / Dale Shearer
WG - Brett Stewart / John Ribot
CE - Jamie Lyon / Chris Close
CE - Michael O'Connor / Danny Moore
WG - Tom Trbojevic / Kerry Boustead
FE - Cliff Lyons / Paul Vautin
HB - Geoff Toovey / Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Brent Kite / Bruce Walker
HK - Max Krilich / Matt Ballin
PR - Jake Trbojevic / Dave Brown
SR - Steve Menzies / Paul McCabe
SR - Noel Cleal / Nate Myles
LK - Nik Kosef / Owen Cunningham

Bench (NSW) - Des Hasler, Mark Carroll, Ian Roberts, Anthony Watmough
Bench (Qld) - Stephen Bell, Neil Tierney

Coach (NSW) - Frank Stanton
Coach (Qld) - Graham Lowe

As for tonight? Qld.

Last edited:
On this, the day of Origin II ... here are NSW and Qld sides made entirely from Manly's own Origin reps (artistic licence taken. Couldn't leave Snake or Fatty out so they're out of position).

Note that we have only had 15 Qld Origin players.

FB - Graham Eadie / Dale Shearer
WG - Brett Stewart / John Ribot
CE - Jamie Lyon / Chris Close
CE - Michael O'Connor / Danny Moore
WG - Tom Trbojevic / Kerry Boustead
FE - Cliff Lyons / Paul Vautin
HB - Geoff Toovey / Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Brent Kite / Bruce Walker
HK - Max Krilich / Matt Ballin
PR - Jake Trbojevic / Dave Brown
SR - Steve Menzies / Paul McCabe
SR - Noel Cleal / Nate Myles
LK - Nik Kosef / Owen Cunningham

Bench (NSW) - Des Hasler, Mark Carroll, Ian Roberts, Anthony Watmough
Bench (Qld) - Stephen Bell, Neil Tierney

Coach (NSW) - Frank Stanton
Coach (Qld) - Graham Lowe

As for tonight? Qld.
If they actually played each other NSW would be $1.01 favourites and QLD would find a way to win.

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - 🤞 🤞 🤞 Turbo & DCE get through the game unscathed.

Go the Blues!
And hope DCE has a shocker.
Pat Rafter, my neighbour here in NSW loves QLD so much he moved to Byron

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11