Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 12
Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

If we are to prevail in this game there are a few obvious things that need to occur.

We need to complete a minimum of 80 percent of the sets we have. We must be more subtle in not trying to score off every set and build pressure on them.

Kick to their wingers as they are vulnerable there. target their right edge defence and have Tom coming inside to keep the guessing.

This really is a good test to see where we are. They are just about full strength and have a lot of big game experience. We need to do the 1 percenters well, they love to counter attack and its vital that we avoid the ball being stolen, respect for the ball is so important!

They will bomb us all night so our back 3 need to be watertight and not hand them cheap turnovers as the last came spills from kicks cost us 12 points.

There is no reason why this team cannot get the job done! Getting that week off really makes a difference and this is a big chance for our team. Whatever its continuing the learning curve and regardless we are going to be so potent in seasons to come!

What worries me is that this game will not be like the cowboys game. We are known for our attack but we have been known to frustrate ourselves when we can’t cross the line. DCE needs to watch them long cut out passes. Too much of the same thing will cost us. I can see an intercept coming of one of DCE passes.We need to be switched on completely. Will be leaving tomorrow morning to attend with a group of 13. Go Manly. Throat soothers already packed.

This is a good stat to take into the game

The Sea Eagles have won one of two matches at Sunshine Coast Stadium with the most recent being a 56-10 win over the Parramatta Eels last month.

Des:

"Maybe Melbourne are impossible to beat, so we will have to wait and see. They are a good side, a very good side."

Bellamy retorted by saying Hasler was "trying to get our boys a little bit overconfident which they won't be, I can promise you that".

Asked if Manly could still claim to be a finals dark horse, Bellamy responded: "No, I think the light's on.

"I don't think they're in the dark. I think all the other teams that are still in the competition, they'd think that Manly are going to be one of the real sides to beat.

"Manly have probably been the form team of the last four or five weeks. It seems as though they've timed their run and they've had a great run with injuries.

nrl.com

While the loser of the Melbourne-Manly game will get a second chance, make no mistake, their qualifying final is a sudden-death clash in disguise, MATTHEW JOHNS writes.

The loser of Friday night’s NRL qualifying final between Melbourne and Manly won’t be able to rebound and win this year’s premiership.

Winning next week’s elimination final won’t be the major issue, it’s the highly probable fact that they will need to defeat a freshened Penrith the week after to make the grand final.

A South Sydney upset over the Panthers of course changes everything, but a big upset it would most certainly be.

So while the Storm-Sea Eagles clash isn’t sudden death, you can guarantee they’ll compete like it is.

So I am so nervous and excited for tomorrow.We are fighting for a chance to go straight into a preliminary final. Who would of backed that at the start of the year, not me.

No one is giving us a chance, just the way we like it.

I genuinely think this is a 50/50 game and factors that will determine outcome.

Whether any of our young guns get stage fright on the big stage?

Whether Turbo has a night out or not?

How much possession we get and how we go at making sure storm don't get a major share of the ball.

If we are close at half time anything can happen, storm can't be up by many.

Storm by 12 but not before we give them a major scare. I think this will be the game of the season.

Please finally I am not writing us off at all and want us to win I just think storm will just be that too strong in the last 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Johns is right. The winner of this game will go to the GF and the loser won't. We have to get over the stigma of the drizzle. High completions, low errors and play down their end with the long kick. They're not unbeatable.

If we are to prevail in this game there are a few obvious things that need to occur.

We need to complete a minimum of 80 percent of the sets we have. We must be more subtle in not trying to score off every set and build pressure on them.

Kick to their wingers as they are vulnerable there. target their right edge defence and have Tom coming inside to keep the guessing.

This really is a good test to see where we are. They are just about full strength and have a lot of big game experience. We need to do the 1 percenters well, they love to counter attack and its vital that we avoid the ball being stolen, respect for the ball is so important!

They will bomb us all night so our back 3 need to be watertight and not hand them cheap turnovers as the last came spills from kicks cost us 12 points.

There is no reason why this team cannot get the job done! Getting that week off really makes a difference and this is a big chance for our team. Whatever its continuing the learning curve and regardless we are going to be so potent in seasons to come!
Also, let's not forget, we have to score more points than them.

Johns is right. The winner of this game will go to the GF and the loser won't. We have to get over the stigma of the drizzle. High completions, low errors and play down their end with the long kick. They're not unbeatable.
Agreed I see us beating storm as reallly the only way for it not to become a storm panthers GF.

Loser won't make it past panthers in a PF if they beat south's on Saturday.

100%, win, we get a week off and likely plays Bunnies to qualify for the GF. Lose, we likely have to play Roosters then Penrith to qualify for a GF against Storm who will have beaten us twice in the previous 2 months. Even though it's not sudden death, this game will decide if we are a good chance or if we require a miracle.

Last edited:
And that’s the reason I’ve be en saying it’s the MIGOTY for almost a decade.

Win this we will play in the GF, lose and we’ll likely bow out against the Panthers in 2 weeks time.

Des:

"Maybe Melbourne are impossible to beat, so we will have to wait and see. They are a good side, a very good side."

Bellamy retorted by saying Hasler was "trying to get our boys a little bit overconfident which they won't be, I can promise you that".

Asked if Manly could still claim to be a finals dark horse, Bellamy responded: "No, I think the light's on.

"I don't think they're in the dark. I think all the other teams that are still in the competition, they'd think that Manly are going to be one of the real sides to beat.

"Manly have probably been the form team of the last four or five weeks. It seems as though they've timed their run and they've had a great run with injuries.

nrl.com

We're still under the radar btw

My biggest concern is the pack. There is talent on the edge but they're young and inexperienced. Then the prop rotation are a bit hit and miss in my mind. I wish we had a guy like James Graham in the team...some lunatic that is going to shift the energy of the match through actions.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10