Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekes to fb, Reubs to the wing, Jorge drops out? This might make a bit of sense and Des smokescreen to keep Weekes out of the limelight. Hoping this is the case, as am not sure where else Weekes would slot in.
Yea has to be Weekes straight to Fullback. It's Des' ploy for bringing in youngsters, just playing around with the team lists and smoke screen and that so I'm hoping for a Weekes late in tomorrow. Would make it very exciting.

Although Des being Des, I can also see Jorge dropping out, Koula wing, Walker centre and Keao at 14 and he plays like the last 10 mins of the game. Which would be very deflating and frustrating.

Was gonna say that about KDL he’s been making big metres and spending plenty of time on field for Blacktown. Defensively he’s not going to let you down, the prop rotation looks light on though that’s for sure.
He played 80 minutes at prop last week in reggies with 172 metres, 51 tackles with only 1 miss. That's insane stats even if it is reserve grade.

I'm aware most of silvertails aren't fond of him because he's not that modern type of mongrel front row leader we need and he's more of a plodder. I get that, but he's not a plodder that doesn't make metres and misses tackles (Corey Waddell, Jetski, Morgan Boyle). He makes his metres and he's a very efficient tackler. Gets the job done. I reckon he's a better choice over Keppie at the moment, Keppie has been underwhelming and a serious liability. Cost us the game against Parra.

Last edited:
He played 80 minutes at prop last week in reggies with 172 metres, 51 tackles with only 1 miss. That's insane stats even if it is reserve grade.

I'm aware most of silvertails aren't fond of him because he's not that modern type of mongrel front row leader we need and he's more of a plodder. I get that, but he's not a plodder that doesn't make metres and misses tackles. He makes his metres and he's a very efficient tackler. Gets the job done. I reckon he's a better choice over Keppie at the moment, Keppie has been underwhelming and a serious liability. Cost us the game against Parra.
I agree. Wish we had someone in first grade with those numbers.

All I know if that my multi bet will have Justin Olam and Kenny Bromwich as anytime try scorers. The way Cherry had been racing out of the line and Ola loafing across in cover my crystal ball has them running rampant down that edge.

I'd really like to be wrong but...

I'm aware most of silvertails aren't fond of him because he's not that modern type of mongrel front row leader we need and he's more of a plodder. I get that, but he's not a plodder that doesn't make metres and misses tackles (Corey Waddell, Jetski, Morgan Boyle). He makes his metres and he's a very efficient tackler. Gets the job done. I reckon he's a better choice over Keppie at the moment, Keppie has been underwhelming and a serious liability. Cost us the game against Parra.
Absolutely, he will have a real crack!

Sounds like the sort of player our opposition coach tonight would jump on and turn into a star player.

Yea has to be Weekes straight to Fullback. It's Des' ploy for bringing in youngsters, just playing around with the team lists and smoke screen and that so I'm hoping for a Weekes late in tomorrow. Would make it very exciting.

Although Des being Des, I can also see Jorge dropping out, Koula wing, Walker centre and Keao at 14 and he plays like the last 10 mins of the game. Which would be very deflating and frustrating.
Not going to happen Remy, Des will have Garrick as FB. It's going to be a very intimidating at Aami park tonight, not a place for a debutant. Des knows Garrick is as safe as a bank, handles bombs really well and does the good carry's when the team needs it.

I dont expect a win tonight.. I’m only hoping for 1 thing… PLEASE blood some new kids… I don’t want to see Garrick hobbling around on 1 leg at fullback…. I don’t want to see the storm run 3 tries past tafua because he’s too slow to catch anyone…
Play koula at fullback… play weekes on the wing… (I know he’s a fullback too but throwing a rookie in for his first game at fullback against storm at AAMI park just isn’t going to happen)

I don’t care if we win or lose, as long as we don’t lose because we pick players that are years past their prime and make the same mistakes they made 600 days ago when they last played…

As Des is sponsored by elmo, I think he should do all his interviews in Elmo's voice.

Go Manly!
If we don't win, the post-match press conference will be very interesting indeed.....

1653521541918.png

Attachments

• 1653521541918.png
    1653521541918.png
    2 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10