STRONGER - Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great post Ramrod. As I've said on this forum before: Manly is like the Phoenix that rises from the ashes or the Hydra, cut off one of it's heads and two more just grow in it's place.

eagleE said:
Ramrod said:
When Turban left for more money at end of 1996, he too regretted it later. If you leave after playing for Manly, chances are you won't be playing like you should, anymore.

OK, I'm going to ask. Who is/was the Turban?

It's Matthew Ridge.
Sorry. I'm living in the past.
:blush:

Boozo said:
Great post Ramrod. As I've said on this forum before: Manly is like the Phoenix that rises from the ashes or the Hydra, cut off one of it's heads and two more just grow in it's place.

Thank you.
We bleed maroon & white.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Exactly. The entire squad could go and play French rugby next year and I would would still be the first with my Manly jersey on to cheer the team on in round one.

Fans follow clubs, not players or coaches.

Too right. Even if Manly were to field a team of local park footy players, I'll still be there to support them.

Manly is my club. I'll never trade them for another. No individual is bigger than this great club of ours. Des didn't comprehend this.

That's why my respect for Fredo, Thrower, Arko and others has grown much more since they came out publicly to defend the club.

I also commend Zorba for doing the right thing when he got canned. He didn't criticize the club. He didn't throw a tantrum. Instead, he declared his undying loyalty and love for Manly. That's very admirable. He must be hurt by the back stabbing from the man he supported but he still stood by him. Now, that's loyalty!

Anyway, Manly have removed the cancer that was hurting our club.
Hopefully, it'll become malignant at the Dogs. They deserve it.

That's the beauty of being a supporter , we can't be bought .

Could not , would not ever change alliegances.

To have to , or to want to for the sake of $$$$ would suck really.

Peter C said:
Mals said:
Yeah Matty Ridge had the nickname Turban

Yeah, they called him Turbanhead, because of his Armenian heritage.

Matthew Ridge was one of my favorite players growing up.... I still remember a cut out I cut out of the local paper with Ridgey standing in the tunnel at brookie and the Headline read "RADAR RIDGE". Simply an amazing goal keeper and attacking fullback that could do everything!
Lol ....EDIT GOALKICKER.. Must be late!@ Napper

I'd still rate Bosnich or Schwarzer as slightly better than ridgey.
Mac Man said:
Peter C said:
Mals said:
Yeah Matty Ridge had the nickname Turban

Yeah, they called him Turbanhead, because of his Armenian heritage.

Matthew Ridge was one of my favorite players growing up.... I still remember a cut out I cut out of the local paper with Ridgey standing in the tunnel at brookie and the Headline read "RADAR RIDGE". Simply an amazing goal keeper and attacking fullback that could do everything!

Toovey has the chance to mould his own staff and not have any of dessie's era, this is a good thing have to say i would love to see cliffy on staff.
Cannot wait for 2012, under toovs let's smash the dogs in 8.
Player leave under successful eras, sticky and brad clyde. It will happen again but we won't die life goes on EAGLE ROCK!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4