Studs up c*** retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing more to say...

BC04F285-0DC2-42BF-B2AF-3324163835AD.png

Without a doubt one of the best fullbacks ever. Nurtured in a win at all costs environment which is Melbourne Drizzle central!! Loved by our fans for cradling a stricken wolfman during the Battle of Brookvale and despised for his efforts in breaking Robbos arm in the act of scoring a try in 2008 and his participation in the deliberate talking out of Snake the year-earlier!!

Slater like many before him will be remembered as a great footballer
He was lucky to play in teams with quality players which makes his career stand out more than others
He cradled wolfman but most well nearly any player would have done in that situation
Lockyer was doing what Slater does with fullback play way before
Phil Blake chip n chase way better than Slater
You can name plenty of examples
Slater could do most things with skill and plenty of undesirable things on the footy field
But greatest ever always open to debate as most opinions are in the now
Look back at highlights of other players and you have yourself saying I forgot how good that player was
I have plenty of favourite players over the years not just from Manly teams
Slater won’t be one of them

Good player for sure, maybe the best attacking fullback of his era, but he is no Immortal, to be suggesting otherwise cheapens the whole concept. He had flaws in his defence and was prone to some major brain explosions, also a grub of a player.

With all the media fawning over Billy, Todd might as well give him the Dally M and Clive Churchill medals now.

Well he’s already got the SOO Medal from this year so yes I’m guessing a full suite of medals might be possible.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8