Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As has been said - it's all done and dusted now. Gifts treatment was shocking. Perry strung him along and didn't have the balls to tell him straight he wasn't wanted. Manly's management is a shambles. Nothing new about this - the people at the top have been ****e since grant left.

We have a good team - we will continue to have a good team into the future. All we need is some honesty from people the top. A little loyalty wouldn't go amiss as well.

Manly have caved, according to M Johns on the Sterlo Show, and Matai will be released next week for the 2015 Season.

Take this as read :D He certainly looked serious saying it.

HappilyManly said:
Manly have caved, according to M Johns on the Sterlo Show, and Matai will be released next week for the 2015 Season.

If this is the case it is not necessarily a bad thing. Players will think they are getting some back and Steves getting a good deal. Management giving
Something back and we can get over all this. Otherwise it may hang around.

HappilyManly said:

Fatty on nein just suggesting the opposite, that Stevie will stay. Do we believe Fatty or Matty...or neither.:dodgy:

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:

Fatty on nein just saying the opposite that Stevie will stay. Do we believe Fatty or Matty...or neither.:dodgy:
Hopefully fatty will be right

If Manly do lose this weekend, & of course it's unrealistic for a team to win every game,
but won't the media jump on it if they do lose.
"See!!...crisis...crisis..!", they'll say.
So, with that said, I really hope Manly can whoop the Warriors just to shut that media mob up.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ranger said:
Masked Eagle said:
Not sure if anyone has joined these dots together but I was thinking the players might believe the real reason Gifty wasn't offered a contract is because the club ie Perry are punishing him because he is close to Zorba? At the very least I believe Zorba probably believes that hence why he is trying to destabilize the club to.force Perry out! Thoughts?

Not sure if any of the other board members has the ear of the players, so I'd say that's in the ball park.
Ridiculous. Zorba dislikes Perry because he's the one that sacked him as Media Dinosaur Manager.

Just an extension of that feud.

Jerry1 said:
Gifts treatment was shocking. Perry strung him along and didn't have the balls to tell him straight he wasn't wanted. Manly's management is a shambles.
Pull yourself together man (slap, slap)
Now. Seriously you think money manager Perry makes the retention & recruitment decisions at Manly? (slap, slap)
Toovey is in charge and he knows what he is doing. It's a tough professional sport, we're in it to win.
Settle, Petal.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jerry1 said:
Gifts treatment was shocking. Perry strung him along and didn't have the balls to tell him straight he wasn't wanted. Manly's management is a shambles.
Pull yourself together man (slap, slap)
Now. Seriously you think money manager Perry makes the retention & recruitment decisions at Manly? (slap, slap)
Toovey is in charge and he knows what he is doing. It's a tough professional sport, we're in it to win.
Settle, Petal.
Tooves ain't no Hasler - he does what he's told.

Toovey would resign rather than accept a roster based on what will make a board member happy. I don't know him well but I know him well enough to say that with confidence.

Toovey IS his own man , that's crap!!

The board do the numbers , the on field guys choose the cattle!!

fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.

Enlighten me... Which tid bit exactly did Matt Johns get right about Manly, or anything in rugby league??

Time to start drawing lines, grant releases and dropping players in the meantime if needs be. Stuff the clique who think they're bigger than the club - move on boys, we rebuild, enjoy not winning premierships with poor organisations that pay you overs and let you run the show, after all that's why you got into this game in the first place? No? Enjoy...

Mark from Brisbane said:
Toovey IS his own man , that's crap!!

The board do the numbers , the on field guys choose the cattle!!

Yeah right - no way manly go back to letting the coach rule the roost after Hasler. No management team would let that happen again. Your living in a fantasy world if you think that .

fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.
I don't really think that Joey would know much about what's going on in this case. He's said he just goes in a couple of times a week to work with the halves.
It would not be smart to leak any contractual info to someone with so many media commitments, especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything.

I seem to remember Gus Gould was canned for " cleaning out the cupboards" at the Riff .

Players there wanted to " run the show , decide who got picked, drafted , released".

The broom came out , players such as Lewis and co shown the door, and guess what?

A few years later they are currently running second .

No player
No staff member
No board member

Are bigger than the club!!

If ( and that's a very big IF) , there's a big issue then bugger off, plenty of other youngsters would love a chance to play with us!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8