Surely they can't be serious about this (Brookie Oval)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the official site
http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvalepark

does anyone know where the club stands with this proposal, if they are given this without liking it maybe they need to play 6 games at Brookie and take
1 game to NZ
1 to Suncorp
1 to Perth or Bluetounge
3 to ANZ
Im sure we could earn some great dollars in that

be good if the club could setup a fan page chat with the CEO like mayer used to do

If we're going to have to move then the only viable alternative is the SFS, IMO.

ANZ is an absolute hell hole & harder to get to than Brookie. Not to mention it's so far away from the Northern Beaches that we may as well relocate (in which case we should move to Leichardt Oval & just pretend it's Brookie).

codewana said:
Not sure if this has anything to do with the park business, but at the locker room day, we were told about who Jane Try is and why the stand is named after her. It turns out that she donated the land that Brookvale Oval sits on, on the condition that it remains a park. That could have something to do with why the plans don't involve more of a stadium look.

The residents are already peddling this line that Council can't sell off any land because Jane Try donated it for a park. It is a furphy.

The fact is the entire Brookvale Park site is made up of 7 parcels of land (seperate titles) and Jane Try only donated 1 of 7. She sold another 1 to Council, while her husband George Try sold 2 other parcels to Council. The 3 parcels of land that make up the Village Green park area at the northern end behind the scoreboard were acquired by Warringah Council over the years via land resumptions.

Even if Council sell off the Southern end for development, including a small part of the land donated by Jane Try, the Council will still retain considerably more park land than was originally donated by Jane Try.

Simmo said:
codewana said:
Not sure if this has anything to do with the park business, but at the locker room day, we were told about who Jane Try is and why the stand is named after her. It turns out that she donated the land that Brookvale Oval sits on, on the condition that it remains a park. That could have something to do with why the plans don't involve more of a stadium look.

The residents are already peddling this line that Council can't sell off any land because Jane Try donated it for a park. It is a furphy.

The fact is the entire Brookvale Park site is made up of 7 parcels of land (seperate titles) and Jane Try only donated 1 of 7. She sold another 1 to Council, while her husband George Try sold 2 other parcels to Council. The 3 parcels of land that make up the Village Green park area at the northern end behind the scoreboard were acquired by Warringah Council over the years via land resumptions.

Even if Council sell off the Southern end for development, including a small part of the land donated by Jane Try, the Council will still retain considerably more park land than was originally donated by Jane Try.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up Simmo.

I think we need to remember that the drawing we have seen is a concept, and not actual plans. Just because we can't see large numbers of undercover seats, or corporate facilities, it doesn't mean they're not included.
David Perry is quoted in the Telegaph article on the "Sunday, Footy Sunday" thread on this forum as saying "a critical part of the planning process was having 8000 undercover grandstand seats". I understand that at the moment, we only have around 3000, so that would be a significant improvement. I would assume that if David is a good as we hope he is, that the club, as a major stakeholder, would not support a proposal that doesn't meet NRL standards.
Also, the architects have been given a brief to plan for the entire park area, not just the stadium. So I'm not reading too much into his comments about the Park as opposed to the footy field. Again, I'm pretty certain that the club will look after its interests in this.

Put a roof on it that can open and close so when it is a Sunny Sunday Arvo the roof is open and closed when it is pissing down. Everyone is happy then.

I hate the name Brookvale Park. Sounds terrible. Not a fan of the design either. Design us a proper stadium for the only professional sports team we have on the beaches. Screw the park, there are plenty of them already on the area.

dowdz said:
I hate the name Brookvale Park. Sounds terrible. Not a fan of the design either. Design us a proper stadium for the only professional sports team we have on the beaches. Screw the park, there are plenty of them already on the area.

I hate it, too. All part of the council plan to have it thought of as a community leisure park, which it's never been, instead of the home of the Sea Eagles.
And I'm sure they changed the sign out the front on Pittwater Road a while back. I swear it used to say "Brookvale Oval", then one day, driving past, I noticed it was changed to "Brookvale Park".

Corso_Pete said:
What happened to the design from 3 or 4 years ago with the stand on the eastern side being built behind the hill?
That's because that proposal was put forward by the Club. Not the Clowncil.

No doubt this latest bunch of consultants were paid out of the money that is actually intended for upgrading the ground - just like the last bunch of consultants, who surprise, surprise, worked out that the vast majority of people wanted the Club to stay put and play out of an upgraded Brookvale Oval.

The Council is now stacked with no-idea halfwits like De Luca, Kirsch and Regan.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
The councilors need councelling . Threy are a bunch of overpaid incompetent fools, they have no idea , no vision and no common sense. This is beyond the joke .

Further to my last:

Does it not strike others that the large-scale commercial structures are never likely to be signed off on by Council, simply because the 'think small' strategy stalks the halls of Council's chambers anyway? Then those oversized concepts are countered by a totally inadequate resolutely minor suburban ground straight out of the 1960s. Weird.

Where did the landscape architect get the idea that the supporters wanted a hill on the western side of the ground? I don't remember that ever being canvassed on Regan's last 'pissing money up against the wall exercise' last year. Does landscaper Jamie Drurie, or whatever his name is, not understand what the requirements are for a NRL ground are in the second decade of the 21st Century?

Warringah Council is a Sydney City or Adelaide City-style council of the northern beaches. They are not on their lonesome though - Lane Cove, Pittwater and North Sydney are infested with the same frightened (of making big, potentially unpopular decisions with some people), unqualified, non-business oriented, anti-development knobs who do not appreciate that their respective LGAs are put of a larger economic entity called 'Greater Sydney'. Therefore they should be making decisions that potentially benefit all of Sydney, not just the five or so family members that voted them in down at the local polling station. Memo O'Farrell - start meging these 19th/early 20th Century creations into something approximating the requirements of a 21st Century metropolis.

A greatly enhanced stadium at Brookvale will have broader benefits than a small, uninspiring Redfern Oval-style makeover. Where is the logic in removing existing stands and replacing them with even smaller ones Mayor Regan? What about the money you've poured into the dressing rooms, upgraded corporate facilities etc in just the last few seasons that would then be demolished if this scheme ever got up? In other words, this stacks up as a massive waste of the State/Council grants.

For Regan to suggest that it will somehow meet the requirements of an NRL team shows he is either being disingenuous because he has another agenda - or he simply has no idea because he really isn't a Manly-Warringah man - just some ring-in from somewhere else.

Surely they are looking to replicate the Basil Andrews field at brookvale,ill take a picture next time im out that way

Phantar said:
For Regan to suggest that it will somehow meet the requirements of an NRL team shows he is either being disingenuous because he has another agenda - or he simply has no idea because he really isn't a Manly-Warringah man - just some ring-in from somewhere else.

I'd go one step further and suggest the bloke has either never watched a rugby league game in his life or the highest level he has watched is either A-grade or country rugby league. He has no idea what is required by a professional rugby league club, minimum requirement is a ground that holds no less than 20,000 people and has reasonable corporate boxes. This design doesn't even look like it has elevated commentary boxes. Are they going to bring the table out to the sidelines like they did for this year's city v country match?

from Blindside today

* Brookvale hill to stay

WHATEVER redevelopment occurs at Brookvale Oval, Blindside understands the iconic hill will remain.

While nothing has been finalised, the Sea Eagles are delighted that plans to upgrade the ground have come to this point.

“There is light at the end of the tunnel and that tunnel is not as long as it used to be,” Sea Eagles chief operating officer David Perry said this week.

“And for us that is a win.

“We will work with Warringah Council to get what is best for the community, the supporters and the NRL.”

Still think we need to get rid of the hill eventually, hopefully they atleast build a grandstand along the eastern side.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4