T-Rex APPRECIATION Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The T-Rex bashing normally only occurs after a loss, where he becomes the sole reason for losing.

Great player, have always liked the cut of his jib.

Cheers everyone I'm Loving it.. I've been a big fan of his ever since we signed him and I never lost faith that his development was purposely planned the way it has been by Dessie and the training and development staff.

I am confident he will really improve his attack and defense, particularly running lines as a born forward he seems week by week more sure and confident of his role in the team.

I also think the confidence and experience will benefit his mindset to allow him to realize his size, as a forward it will unlock his explosive game more often.
It amazes me how young this guy still is too. Like Israel Falou found, people often forget how young he is due to his sheer size and forget that his 'boy' body is still maturing into a 'mans' body which further supports the theory of forwards and big boys taking longer to develop.

I can't wait to see him fully matured but I'm still really enjoying watching him improve every game and can only see him imposing more and more fear into opposition teams in the oncoming seasons running off Foran and co. So I really hope he feels at home by now and sticks with Manly..

GO T-Rex!! GO Eagles!!

Billy "Best Fullback in the World" Slater flying backwards as T-Rex trampled him at Brookvale on the way to the try line is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on a rugby league filed. In fact it may be one of the greatest things I've ever seen, full stop.

My 2 cents worth - he is an interesting part of the overall puzzle, and for the opposition coaches and players, he is not someone they can ignore. We have a lot of guys now that can take advantage of the odd moment of T-Rex havoc. Nice X factor.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Billy "Best Fullback in the World" Slater flying backwards as T-Rex trampled him at Brookvale on the way to the try line is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on a rugby league filed. In fact it may be one of the greatest things I've ever seen, full stop.

Oh yeah ! Wasn't that great to see :D

I'll put my hand up... T-rex looks really good tonight. Hope he keeps it up and I can wipe the egg off my face.

He's been damn good tonight.

Looks like he's been reading this thread :p

codewana said:
Rex said:
... And bigger players can take longer to fully develop.

Is that true? ...

There are certainly exceptions but that's the general pattern I see, bigger players tend to develop slower and later.

As an example, Petro was T-Rex's current age when he debuted in the NRL, as a centre.

to all you pin dix that bagged the T REX in any thread.......GO **** YOURSELVES.....and dont even try to get on board...!!!!!!LOL

brookiegreg said:
Brookvale said:
top thread.

will terrorise defences come septmeber

Yes lets hope - like the Queen Mary he's had a slow start from 2009 and we all know Tony has massive potential. Here's to Des and the boys getting the best out of Tony.

If he is really firing as a forward as season goes on then considering the amount of dosh that Manly have invested in T Rex over last coupla seasons it'd be crazy to flick him as long as salary cap and re-signing issues are fine....but Tony has to earn his place with form on the paddock like any player

Go T-Rex!!

What, 18-21 tries in a season is not value for money ?
How many tries does he need to score ?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
My 2 cents worth - he is an interesting part of the overall puzzle, and for the opposition coaches and players, he is not someone they can ignore. We have a lot of guys now that can take advantage of the odd moment of T-Rex havoc. Nice X factor.

As insightful as it comes.

T-Rex is the enigma.

How many metres does the man make AFTER he hits the line ?

brookiegreg said:
Brookvale said:
top thread.

will terrorise defences come septmeber

Yes lets hope - like the Queen Mary he's had a slow start from 2009 and we all know Tony has massive potential. Here's to Des and the boys getting the best out of Tony.

If he is really firing as a forward as season goes on then considering the amount of dosh that Manly have invested in T Rex over last coupla seasons it'd be crazy to flick him as long as salary cap and re-signing issues are fine....but Tony has to earn his place with form on the paddock like any player

Go T-Rex!!

Yep, agree with this. Pretty damn good tonight and has lifted over the last month. You would have been mad to not see what he could do and he is starting to show it. Some wrote him off - not me.

Go T-Rex!!!

Yes, I thought he was good tonight. He's slowly finding his groove, but he getting there. Happy for him...

I remember the great Jack Gibson rebuking the great Eric Grothe (the 1st) for passing the ball unselfishly. Gibson's logic was that he spent hours working out moves and plans to get the ball in Grothe's hands in space, and didn't want all that planning wasted.

This is Des' issue. To get the playmakers to get the ball in T-Rex's hands in space. Methinks Cliffy would have loved that assignment.

Rex said:
I remember the great Jack Gibson rebuking the great Eric Grothe (the 1st) for passing the ball unselfishly. Gibson's logic was that he spent hours working out moves and plans to get the ball in Grothe's hands in space, and didn't want all that planning wasted.

This is Des' issue. To get the playmakers to get the ball in T-Rex's hands in space. Methinks Cliffy would have loved that assignment.

Cliffy was underpaid.

T-REX IS AWESOME!!!!

Always been a big fan, haven't even watched the Doggies match yet..

Sign him up for a few more years!!!!

Amazing what a few bus rides to training can do for you :)
He's going great at the moment.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8