T-Rex to Manly for the rest of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well, I'm sorry, but that is a step backwards in my opinion. Symonds is one of my favorite players, and despite what people say here, I think he's amazing (as was Shane Rodney) who also never got the accolades he deserved.
Rodney was a phenomenal player. But he & t-red definitely weren't of a kind caliber. We'll lose symonds' defensive prowess, but nothing else that I can think of. I agree, we definitely need blue collar players, to compliment more noted players. But we urgently need more power, which Tony could provide. Ps Tony was formerly one of my favourite players

Twitter suggesting we gain She Rex and lose T-Red.

I know he's been out of favour but surely T-Red offers more than T-Rex, but of course not as much as T-Bones (@bones sorry mate)

I'm hearing (not the most reliable source but have heard it from a couple of people now) both T-Red and Mateo will be up to Newcastle for rest of the season basically playing for a contract somewhere next year. With Snowden's medical retirement set to free up some $ immediately thanks to some fast tracking by NRL (shock horror, helping their own interests). Both basically guaranteed starting spots up there with all the long term injuries and having only small chance of game time at manly. Supposedly knights (ie. nrl) covering all remaining contract for the year, which was why manly didnt release t-red earlier as they would've been paying for him to be elsewhere, now this offer has come along. Take it all with a grain of salt though. everyone seems to have an "in" these days haha.

I'm hearing (not the most reliable source but have heard it from a couple of people now) both T-Red and Mateo will be up to Newcastle for rest of the season basically playing for a contract somewhere next year. With Snowden's medical retirement set to free up some $ immediately thanks to some fast tracking by NRL (shock horror, helping their own interests). Both basically guaranteed starting spots up there with all the long term injuries and having only small chance of game time at manly. Supposedly knights (ie. nrl) covering all remaining contract for the year, which was why manly didnt release t-red earlier as they would've been paying for him to be elsewhere, now this offer has come along. Take it all with a grain of salt though. everyone seems to have an "in" these days haha.
The only two forwards we gave that can kick and pass - sounds like a New Era Plan :cool:

Why can't Manly budge Burgess at least :wondering:

Last edited:
He is the most frustrating footballer I have ever watched. We have been saying since 2009 that he needs to get deeper and run onto the ball. And not stop and push the first bloke off so that the rest of the defenders swarm him immobile. And look like he gives a ****.

But it didn't happen. He was good from round eighteen 2011 to state of origin 2012. Was disgraceful against the storm in the 2012 final.

No no no no no!

Here is something I knocked up on T-Rex's career to date...

TRex.jpg

Interesting stat but maybe just coincidence...Canterbury are 2-0 with a +38 differential since Tony Williams was dropped by Des Hasler.

I love the suggestions that Barrett may be the one to bring out the Best of T-Rex.
Mr Nice meets Mr Nice.
TB: I was wondering if you'd mind grabbing the ball and running as hard as you can, knocking lots of the opposition out of the way as you go. And then maybe passing to a support player so they could score.
TR: I could most certainly give it a try.
TB: That would be lovely.
Post Game
TR: So sorry. That just didn't seem to work for me.
TB: No worries mate. Here, have a cup of tea. It'll do you the world of good.

This has nothing to do with this thread but I had to make the comment somewhere,but I just saw the votes for last weekend's game vs the Sharks and noticed JBird got 1 vote!TomT got 2 and I would of thought that was because he was very active in attack and he shut out Bird in defence.I don't recall JBird actually doing anything.Dont know who did the votes for this game but it's normally a bone head ex player who just picks their favourite.The award is devalued when the likes of Fittler and Gasnier are allowed to vote

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8