T-Rex to Manly for the rest of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a shame none of our forwards have stopped anyone in most games. This guy is well and truly passed his best, if he ever really showed that at all. MY opinion, OK.
The sleeping giant at 27 years of age can be awaken . My opinion feathered friend :)
3637772-3x2-940x627.jpg

He showed in that game against the poms what he was capable of. One of the best performances ever. Sadly never seen again.
He has had his moments of destruction but has been lacking consistency as he has been taking the ball up from standing start positions. He needs to take the ball up on the fly and fly like a Sea eagle again
700127-nrl-finals-week-1-canterbury-bulldogs-v-manly-sea-eagles.jpg

Surely picking up Curtis Sironen would be a better option that this clueless lump?

The bloke is big, young amd actually has some footy nouse.

Then again, the post pads have more footy nouse that She-Rex.

Well all and sundry (including me) have been moaning about the plodders we have now and all of a sudden we maybe getting back possibly the biggest, over rated plodder to ever lace up a boot and we should be excited...

Not I I'm sorry, don't waste a cent on this guy, let him go to England because that's all he is worth now, as a player.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
When I played rugby, we had a big prop who would just go through the motions. He did his job, but with his size you always thought he was capable of a bit more. One game, one of the opposition players took exception to his presence in the ruck and give a short sharp smack in the mouth. He exploded! He absolutely tore them apart from then on. Next week, he went back to his gentle plodding self. We often joked that we needed to chuck $50 to someone in the opposition to smack him in the mouth to fire him up. Then one day, his brother piped up and said "I'll do it!". His reasoning being that if he slipped a sneaky one into him in ruck without him seeing, he'd naturally assume it was the opposition. Worked a treat! Whenever we needed a bit of aggro, Scott would slip into a messy looking ruck with lots of bodies, jab his brother, and move back to his spot in the centres. Was only a few years ago after we'd all retired that we told the big fella about it.

Maybe we need a similar ploy to wake up T-Rex.

I'm with @BOZO if this is true, let's at least give him an opportunity, before he's hung, drawn and quartered. Maybe Barrett gets the best out of him? Maybe Des approach wasn't working?
....well said Ryan. Getting him running from deep. Dogs tend to implement an extremely flat attack. Their halves the past few years, didn't have a reputation for orchestrating very much.

Well all and sundry (including me) have been moaning about the plodders we have now and all of a sudden we maybe getting back possibly the biggest, over rated plodder to ever lace up a boot and we should be excited...

Not I I'm sorry, don't waste a cent on this guy, let him go to England because that's all he is worth now, as a player.

That's a good point Frogz. Each team needs it share of plodders though. Workhorses that tackle like weapons. Barrett has now moved Myles to the bench to get a little more mobile to start (at least I think).

Think of guys like Mark Bryant, Daniel Heckenberg, Glenn Hall, George Rose. Unheralded, always got hammered by fans (including me), but a necessary evil. It's what Des (and hopefully Trent) can get out of these second tier players.

If the Dogs are willing to pay a lot of his contract, and he adds depth, what does it hurt us mate?

If he smashes it, we re-sign him relatively cheap. If he struggles, and adds no value, we don't re-sign him, and he is gone at seasons end, after a period in NSW Cup. We don't lose at all here.

Caveat: If we lose say a Tom Symonds at his expense, then I might have issue.

Maybe we need a similar ploy to wake up T-Rex.

Well maybe that can be Barretts job, he has form.
This is such a great thread! it has exploded and no nasty stuff. I get the impression that at least 50% think it is true.
Doesn't it have whipping boy written all over it for the rest of the year. Nat is smiling.
I doubt whether his presence will affect the team that much as the NSW cup team is not exactly on fire.
I wrote on another thread recently that T-Rex is like a meteor, flashed across the sky all bright and shiney. Everyone going oh ah. It fades and everyone waits for it to reappear. What are the chances in our life time?

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be a bad thing if the dogs are paying us 100k to take him or have I missed something.

Will have to change his nickname if he plays with Myles, Mr Plod & Noddy could work.

when he first went to the dogs, almost immediately they started using him as a decoy. That would've played with his head and knocked his confidence.

I'd like to think Barrett can get in his ear & pump up his tyres & make him feel like he's 10 foot tall.

At least he gives us someone who is capable of busting the line & hopefully won't get dominated in the tackle like our guys have been.

I'm actually excited for this to happen. This is how far we have fallen when T-Rex may be our go to forward!

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to say T-Rex needs to stand deeper and play with more heart. If he hasn't been able to achieve some sort of consistency with a good coach after all these years in grade football, maybe we are deluding ourselves.
I'm sure he is a nice bloke but he's not even a plodder he's a loiterer !

It can't be a bad thing if the dogs are paying us 100k to take him or have I missed something.

Will have to change his nickname if he plays with Myles, Mr Plod & Noddy could work.
Manly are rumoured to be paying 100k to Trex
The Dogs are paying the remainder of his 650k contract, most of which has been paid as contracts commence 1 November

Would some of the 100k be covered by the moltzen retirement ? Or is that second tier?

Twitter suggesting we gain She Rex and lose T-Red.

I know he's been out of favour but surely T-Red offers more than T-Rex, but of course not as much as T-Bones (@bones sorry mate)

Well, I'm sorry, but that is a step backwards in my opinion. Symonds is one of my favorite players, and despite what people say here, I think he's amazing (as was Shane Rodney) who also never got the accolades he deserved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8