talkinsport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
RE: talkinsport

Tunks & Hughes on air trying to defend Tunks walking his u16s team off the field after getting 2 players sent off & penalized heavily
They already read out a email from Bones who got told to take off his glasses by Hughes

bones

Bones Knows

All I said was the following: when a caller rings your Talkin' Bulldogs program to complain about the refereeing in the NRL they are told that their team has discipline problems and the referee did not cost them the win. Tunks... Your team has discipline problems.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

hahaha that's a pretty good call there Bones

Peter C

Bencher

How about that other tosser Adrian, all he does is ring up this show, as well as BSB and Sports Sunday to remind everyone what a great coach Hasler is, and he should be coach of the year, FFS the season is not over yet.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member

I would not be surprised at all if dogler won coach of the year this year. Remember kevin moore won it, dogs just bribe a few judges and bingo the prize is your's.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO

MissKate said:
I would not be surprised at all if dogler won coach of the year this year. Remember kevin moore won it, dogs just bribe a few judges and bingo the prize is your's.

I can't think of any coach who has performed better than Des this year. Most of us around here (myself included) would have laughed if somebody suggested the Dogs would be as high on the ladder as they are.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Some interesting questions raised here for the first "Ask TC" column.

Pains me but yes Hasler is doing well, comparatively superior to Bellamy from team performance last year. Flanagan or Maguire have to be other legitimate contenders - pending performance for remaining rounds.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

As much as I don't like the way he did what he did and his broken promises to not try and rape the club, which he really hasn't succeded to do anyway, you cannot take away from the fact that he is obviously a great coach and the players like playing for him. Even the Manly players still respect him and apparently, also 2V.

What he's achieved with the Bulldogs so far is far beyond what I imagined he would have achieved so far with his roster but yes, there's still a lot of games to go in the season and we'll beat them again at home but, they'll definitely be in the 8 and potentially cause trouble for a couple of teams in the finals (not us though, not this year anyway).

Des (and Crusher who one cannot underestimate his level of influence) will create a similar culture at the Bulldogs to that they created at Manly and rest assured, he will win a premiership there and he's done an amazing job with them so far this year.

Des never won coach of the year with Manly at the Dally M's but he did win Rugby League International Federation's Coach of the Year in 2008 after our Grand Final Win. If you can believe it, Henry (Cowboys coach) won Dally M coach of the year in 2008!!!. Most of us, when he was coach of Manly, thought he should have won the Dally M coach of the year several times, but he didn't and I personally think think that was an injustice.

If he does win Dally M coach of the year, I for one will applaud it as long overdue but will regret it didn't happen when he was coaching Manly.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
talkinsport

MissKate said:

If Flanagan at the sharks doesn't get it I'd b amazed.

bones

Bones Knows

bob dylan said:
MissKate said:

I agree.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The Dally M awards, including coach of the year, are decided prior to the grand final. In 2008 we weren't actually expected to win, from memory it was only in grand final week we became favourites for the first time, and we certainly weren't expected to win 40-nil. Same as last year in a way, it is just a result of the timing of the award to some extent.

Masked Eagle

Bencher

bones said:
bob dylan said:
MissKate said:

I agree.

Depends how they finish. If they can maintain a top 4 spot I think he's the person to beat. If they falter to finish just inside the 8, (I think they'll at least do that) than I can't give it to him.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher

bob dylan said:
MissKate said:

Des deserves to win it but you can't go past Flanagan and what he has done with that gummies side, all credit to him.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

2V is in his first year as coach and if Manly make top 4 he should be coach of the year BUT he wont because it's Manly. Same as Hasler never got coach of the year yet he took us to 3 GF and 2 wins.

Stevo

First Grader

bob dylan said:
MissKate said:

Tooves could win it yet

Darren

Bencher

Have to be Flanagan for sure. Amazing stuff with the Sharks. Manly were premiers last year. Unless we win it, technically we would have gone backwards. Gee, like the name Premiers though.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member

MadMarcus said:
MissKate said:

I can't think of any coach who has performed better than Des this year. Most of us around here (myself included) would have laughed if somebody suggested the Dogs would be as high on the ladder as they are.

I guess my point was more that if dogler was still at Manly he would yet again miss out on winning coach of the year, the judges would yet again come up with some lame excuse not to award it to him.

It is a popularity contest more than a statistically constructed award and the dogs sweeten up the right people and their coach will win the title. dogler should have won it about 3 times already but never would whilst coaching Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16