The 2012 Jan Davis Memorial tipping competition is now open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Once you get a lead, its just about picking consistently.
It's early but in other competitions once I get hold of the lead, I usually just tip safely with favourites or home teams to get a result and throw in one or two left field tips.

But you are leading so you should be giving me advice :) haha

Daniel said:
Once you get a lead, its just about picking consistently.
It's early but in other competitions once I get hold of the lead, I usually just tip safely with favourites or home teams to get a result and throw in one or two left field tips.

But you are leading so you should be giving me advice :) haha

Favourites mean nothing in the NRL - I've bit the bullet so to speak and been contrarian in my picking to get to #1 so I'll keep with that strategy :D

Joey said:

Favourites mean nothing in the NRL - I've bit the bullet so to speak and been contrarian in my picking to get to #1 so I'll keep with that strategy :D

Man, I wish I knew WTF this meant. It may help me with my tipping.

Clint said:
Joey said:

Man, I wish I knew WTF this meant. It may help me with my tipping.

Essentially I'm tipping the opposite to that of the majority and not following the crowd. I'm simply making an educated guess of tipping more underdogs than favourites - I'm not tipping underdogs just for the sake of going against the crowd, as that wouldn't be very smart and I'd find myself on the bottom of the ladder.

Disclaimer: Being contrarian can be hazardous to your health :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Enjoy your lead while you still have it :D

I like my chances of holding it....for this week anyway, as I'm 5/7 to go alongside tipping the Knights for the extra 2 bonus points... :p

Bummer, this comp is the only one of several I am in this year in which I forgot to enter my tips this round.
And I currently have 6 out of 7, best for me all year.
Doh.

..Just giving you all more of a head start :p

Ahh ffs, anyone who picked the raiders to win either forgot to enter their tips or was a complete guess.

That's what I'm going to say and believe after last night's result!!

:(:huh::mad::angel:

Just looked at the table i`m suprised at my position, considering i havent backed the dogs 1st 4 rounds :D
not bad ..
I tipped them this week though, hope they go down..

forgot to enter my tips. Left work with a migraine at lunch on Friday and slept for 20 hours, so didn't get my tips in until late Saturday

I can't tip if my life depended on it. I'm to one eyed to tip against the sea eagles.

Warriors and the vermin are my bogey team.

I always like when there is a touch match up for Manly because it's quite amusing making this the bonus round, some people flat out refuse to tip against manly, even if it seems obvious we will lose.

Seperates the serious tipsters from the rest

I will never ever ever tip against Manly if I think they are half a chance of winning.
and even then I still tip em.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8