The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With the Aussie women retaining the ashes this morning.....

strap yerselves in ladies and gents as the 4th test (men) gets underway in about 6 hours time.

Aust going without a spinner for the first time in 11 years.

Rain predicted...

will bazball bazball enough to get the runs on the board? Will woods take a heap 'o wickets.

Will warner repay the blind faith, and I mean blind faith by getting into double figures?

I guess the fact they only need to draw is the reason for the long batting lineup. The predicted rain on days 4 & 5 provably ruled Harry Potter out.

Ball is darting around a bit. Tough batting conditions. Where is that 🌧️ 🙋‍♂️
Be nice if Australia got the best of the conditions this match given England had it the first three tests.

Good crowd in.

Warner must have the goat photos. Think he has been averaging something like 18 for the past year or so and it has been on a downward trajectory for a few years now.

Last edited:
Be nice if Australia got the best of the conditions this match given England had it the first three tests.

Good crowd in.

Warner must have the goat photos. Think he is averaging something like 18 for the past two or so years.

Couldn’t believe it has been 6 years since he scored a ton outside of Australia. Talk about flat track bully.

Can't sleep, 2:30am and there's a damn flog in a Rabbitohs jersey in the crowd 😫

I noticed that in the last test as well.

Yup, some soft dismissals plus I think Green was ripped off in that LBW.

If the ball is juuuuuust clipping the stumps, there's no way a decent first grade ref should be giving that out.

Aust 8-299 at stumps.

A day of missed opportunities considering the average first innings score has been 382 (they said, covering the last 10 matches.)

I noticed that in the last test as well.

Yup, some soft dismissals plus I think Green was ripped off in that LBW.

If the ball is juuuuuust clipping the stumps, there's no way a decent first grade ref should be giving that out.

Aust 8-299 at stumps.

A day of missed opportunities considering the average first innings score has been 382 (they said, covering the last 10 matches.)

Definitely a day of missed opportunities. Solid rain forecast for last 2 days so only have to last 2 more days. 🤞

sheesh

Australia's supposedly good and loooong batting line up play 'normal' cricket and get rolled for 317 (ave is 382 remember) then England come out swinging and are 2-200!

My God, what a system that can turn Joe Root into a run a ball layer!

sorry, I blinked. 2-218 Root just did a reverse scoop for 6.

Super frustrating (from an Aust point of view, lol)

Hooray...a ****ing wicket!

Green to Crawley, out Bowled!! A great knock comes to an end. The Australian players walk up to the opener and shake hands - (eff that!), while the England supporters give him a standing ovation on his way back to the pavilion.

An innings that has put England in a commanding position. Was a shortish delivery and Crawley tried to drag it through the leg-side. Ends up getting an inside edge and that has shattered timber. Deserved a double ton for the way he batted, but not to be. Crawley b Green 189(182) [4s-21 6s-3]

189 off 182. Great effort coupled with a woeful effort.

Now they lead by 20 with 7 wickets to go (inc stokes)

I be annoyed.. arrrrrh

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10