The Bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Interested to hear peoples thoughts on what our bench should look like. For the second week in a row I’m a little puzzled, intrigued, confused around Des bench selections. In a nutshell for me I’d have at least 2 props, 1 second rower and the utility (Walker or Lawton). Keen to hear what others think of our bench selections. After tonight I’d start looking at Lawton in the 9 (not sure he can play 80 though) leaving Walker at 14 Davey/Bullemor (when Schu is back) and then two props. Injuries will continue to play a part of course but gee I thought we could have used Toff tonight.

14: Walker
15: Bullemoor play him in the middle
16: Tuitavake need some energy off the bench
17: Marty
18: GKT

Starting with Tent and Keppie, Croker in the 9 and Lawton the left edge backrower.

Harper & Parker out and Tippytoes left centre and Koula as right centre.

Give Tippytoes a chance in his preferred position.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on what our bench should look like. For the second week in a row I’m a little puzzled, intrigued, confused around Des bench selections. In a nutshell for me I’d have at least 2 props, 1 second rower and the utility (Walker or Lawton). Keen to hear what others think of our bench selections. After tonight I’d start looking at Lawton in the 9 (not sure he can play 80 though) leaving Walker at 14 Davey/Bullemor (when Schu is back) and then two props. Injuries will continue to play a part of course but gee I thought we could have used Toff tonight.

Well, full strength we are a completely different kettle of fish. My full strength team would be:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutua Koula
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

and I'm pretty sure that would dominate. In the meantime though:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutua Koula (replaces Harper)
04. Dylan Walker (replaced Parker - this is our off season focus)
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. James Segeyaro (replaces Croker)
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey (replaced by Schuster)
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Tof Sipley (replaced by Aloiai when off suspension)
17. Ethan Bullemor (replaced by Davey when Schuster returns)

The issue is Des is risk adverse, so expect exactly the same slop as we've been getting next week (two utilities on the bench etc).

What our bench tells me is that Dessie has no interest in playing a power game in the forwards.

When you elect to have only one prop in your rotation it is pretty obvious you have no desire to play through the middle.

Whether the propaganda about a faster game has convinced us to go "forward-lite" I don't know. But I do know winning the middle doesn't appear to be a priority.

Me, being a dinosaur would have 3 hungry fire-breathing carnivorous ratbag props on the bench.

What our bench tells me is that Dessie has no interest in playing a power game in the forwards.

When you elect to have only one prop in your rotation it is pretty obvious you have no desire to play through the middle.

Whether the propaganda about a faster game has convinced us to go "forward-lite" I don't know. But I do know winning the middle doesn't appear to be a priority.

Me, being a dinosaur would have 3 hungry fire-breathing carnivorous ratbag props on the bench.

Our opposition benches to date:
14. Mitch KENNY (Hooker)
15. Scott SORENSEN (Second Rower)
16. Spencer LENIU (Prop)
20. Jaeman SALMON (5/8)

14. Jared WAEREA-HARGREAVES (Prop)
15. Connor WATSON (Utility)
16. Fletcher BAKER (Second Rower)
17. Nat BUTCHER (Second Rower)

Strange make-ups I guess. Don't know how to debate this one.

Our opposition benches to date:
14. Mitch KENNY (Hooker)
15. Scott SORENSEN (Second Rower)
16. Spencer LENIU (Prop)
20. Jaeman SALMON (5/8)

14. Jared WAEREA-HARGREAVES (Prop)
15. Connor WATSON (Utility)
16. Fletcher BAKER (Second Rower)
17. Nat BUTCHER (Second Rower)

Strange make-ups I guess. Don't know how to debate this one.

That is interesting .. wasn't aware of that.. maybe I am just a throw back

I think even allowing for players missing ( not many to be honest) we with the right mongrel attitude which we can only demonstrate in patches atm with a more cohesive attack will beat most teams quite comfortably.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8