THE CROKER POLL .. THE RESULT UPDATED!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you think Croker will go at hooker?

• Will have a breakout year ... egg on some faces

• Will do an adequate tradesman's job

• Will perform poorly ..

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are a lot of options for Schuster. Obviously 5/8th is the main choice, but he has played plenty of backrow as well and could be pretty devastating on an edge. He could slot in at 5/8th off the bench as you say; although, I've never been a fan of rotating halves during a game unless absolutely necessary.

I just cannot fathom Desmond leaving him out of the 17. Des may be stubborn at times, but he isn't stupid. He wants to win comps and he knows players like Schuster help win comps. He backed a young Foran and a youngish DCE back in the day and we have two premierships because of it. Schuster has even more potential and skill at the same age. I have been watching this kid for a few years now and his talent is immense. The other big advantage he has over other rookie halves is that he is a physical specimen and can certainly handle the physicality of first grade.
Haven't previously been an advocate of Schuster in the backrow but if we could see him on the left with Foz Turbo and Walker that is a hell of a lot of skill in 1/3 of the field. Basically 4 5/8s running side by side.

I am more interested to see how Cust goes at 9 tonight
Same. I'm sure he will kill it. Cust and Croker are both going to be great players for us this year. Depth in this position is more out problem, whether its Cust or Croker wearing the 9 we will be fine. The problem comes when 1 or both of these are injured, that's when our 9 becomes weak! I don't see a Croker and Cust combo at 9 as a problem at all and I expect Cust will have us excited tonight!

Will be a big occasion for Cust tonight starting as a 9 and maybe a reasonable guide how he will be able to acquit himself in the role for Manly for the approaching season . Really can not see a problem with Cade starting at 9 for Manly and has some good natural instinct , never doubting Croker's enthusiasm and he could be favoured to start at least initially , probably will be influenced with the West Tiger's trial and even tonight 's hit out . Is going to be a bit of a quandary if either Croker or Cust become unavailable at any stage before the Fainu outcome . Maybe some match hardened and competitive outings for young Birt at Black Town will be a good preparation for a possible run in i st grade if he can show that he can play to or close to that expected level .

Same. I'm sure he will kill it. Cust and Croker are both going to be great players for us this year. Depth in this position is more out problem, whether its Cust or Croker wearing the 9 we will be fine. The problem comes when 1 or both of these are injured, that's when our 9 becomes weak! I don't see a Croker and Cust combo at 9 as a problem at all and I expect Cust will have us excited tonight!
Yeah I just think we need someone who offers spark around 9, cust has got potential but his wayward passing is an issue. Croker will be solid but i say will overplay his hand to be a factor.
Alot of pressure on 2 kids playing out of position this season.

Perspective time

Well done to all our boys

But the season is not done yet

and consistency is what makes competent teams and Players

The first half was his best half of footy he has played for us to date. Second half was underwhelming. Cust didn't offer much either though, I suppose the wet was a factor.

Like Harper .. One game doesn't make a season.. That was a pass mark from Froggy.. Just.. he needs to show today's game as a minimum for the rest of the season

Good game. Hopefully he can replicate this. His form was helped because the whole team was pushing up including Tommy expecting a break. Amazing what a bit of structure and commitment can do to not just a team but individuals performances

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8