• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Look at the high and mighty rubbish Lockyer is trotting out.

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL round 13 rule doesn’t help but let’s hope DCE keeps his word
THE NRL’s nonsensical Round 13 contract registration rule isn’t helping Daly Cherry-Evans, but now is the time for the Maroons playmaker to help himself. I sincerely hope Daly sticks to his word.

I hope, for the sake of the credibility of an NRL contract and the honourable reputation he has worked hard to cultivate, that Cherry-Evans turns out for the Titans next season.

The decision by Nate Myles to quit the Titans to join Manly from 2016 has sent the merry-go-round of conspiracy theories into overdrive, a inferno of debate fanned by the NRL’s round 13 rule.

Myles and Cherry-Evans were supposed to be the Titans’ leadership core. Now there is talk the Queensland teammates will team up at Manly. Did Myles quit to play with Daly? Will DCE renege on his Titans deal? Was it driven by their wives? Are Nate and Daly colluding? Can Manly find more cash for Daly? Are the managers orchestrating all of this?

So many questions, rumours and innuendo. It is enough to make your head spin. The speculation will continue to rage for another 23 days, when the completion of round 13 will finally allow the NRL to end the circus by rubberstamping Daly’s next contract.

Last month, Cherry-Evans indicated he planned to honour his Titans deal. But that was before the Myles development, and news of his impending arrival at Brookvale adds another layer of complexity to the saga.

Amid the chatter and uncertainty, I hope Daly remembers this: Queensland and Australian hierarchy have big plans for him. Articulate, smart and well-groomed, he is a natural successor to the Origin and Test captaincy, responsibilities that will test Cherry-Evans’ constitution and strength.

When I was handed the Broncos captaincy in 2005, and eventually the Origin and Test jobs, I learnt the sign of a good leader is their strength.

When a leader says he’s going to do something, his word is his bond. He backs up his words with his actions.

This is a great opportunity for Daly. It’s a moment in his career and a moment in a lot of people’s eyes for Daly to stick to his guns and honour his word.

It’s understandable that people of influence at Manly will be trying their hardest in the coming days and weeks to get in his ear; to convince Cherry-Evans to see the signs of promise that lured Myles.

But if Cherry-Evans is his own man, he will push through, stay true to the Titans and end the debate once and for all.

As I got older, leadership taught me the importance of honour and conviction. As a leader, you are not suddenly perfect. But once you go in a direction, you have to back yourself, back the reasons for your decisions, and stick to it.

If he comes into State of Origin camp next week, imagine how many journalists are going to ask if he is having second thoughts and considering backflipping to stay at Manly?

It is a distraction he and the Maroons can do without.

The NRL’s round 13 rule is not doing Daly any favours. Quite simply, it is a ridiculous rule and it doesn’t benefit the individual or the club. Right now, Manly are in a holding pattern. They don’t know whether a guy is coming or going and how much money that leaves for them to spend in the salary cap. There must be a way to make the contract process more streamlined and more transparent for the fans.

Daly has a huge future in Queensland. Next February, he turns 27 and aside from his on-field maturity, he will find himself becoming more involved in off-field corporate engagement at the Titans. I walked a similar path at the Broncos and I really started to embrace opportunities and the balance, skill-set and education it gave me as a person.

Cherry-Evans will be successful wherever he plays, but sticking true to the Titans will demonstrate his strength of character. He just has to say the words.
No mention of Mr Inglis then, Mr Lockyer?

The courier mail writers all seem to see a backflip as a slap in the face for qld. That's the difference between the mindset of the two states. For us it is about our club, nothing to do with state parochialism.

If Cherry's manager is smart he will be advising him that any crossfire will blow out days after it starts, the journos will simply move on to the next controversial thing.

And as though staying in NSW means he might not play or captain QLD again, now that IS a real laugh, HELLLO current Captain of the Maroons and Australia is whom???.....and plays for which team??.....and lives in which state???

If a guy from nsw playing for the Cowboys was considering going to penrith would any new south Welshman feel a warm glow that he is coming home to nsw? Or feel insulted if the player changed his mind? Didn't think so. For me and I suspect most league fans your only concern is having good players at your own club. Bugger the rest.

I like the idea of local juniors being able to play at their own clubs, but that feeling doesn't get confused with state identity.

So let's sum up what Lockyer is saying.
If DCE back flips he:

Will never be a leader.
has no honour.
can't think for himself.
Is turning his back on QLD as a state.
Won't captain Australia or QLD.
Will ruin his reputation and tarnish his image.
Is basically comiting career suicide.
Is turning his back on the worlds biggest opportunity, which is to be the face of QLD rugby league.

Scare tactics to the extreme.
I guess the nooses, pitchforks and torches will be waiting for him north of the border if he back flips.

Its simply a loophole in the system many players have utilised & will continue to do so.
If DCE decides to stay - its not gunna change a thing.
The media & opposition fans can't hate Manly any more & this saga thats been blown out of proportion will settle down overnight.
I hope he bases his decision on what he wants to do & where he see's a better future, not pressured by hypocrytical ex players with an agenda.

So let's sum up what Lockyer is saying.
If DCE back flips he:

Will never be a leader.
has no honour.
can't think for himself.
Is turning his back on QLD as a state.
Won't captain Australia or QLD.
Will ruin his reputation and tarnish his image.
Is basically comiting career suicide.
Is turning his back on the worlds biggest opportunity, which is to be the face of QLD rugby league.

Scare tactics to the extreme.
I guess the nooses, pitchforks and torches will be waiting for him north of the border if he back flips.
What business is this of Lockeyers anyway? It's people like him that are causing all the hype, putting there two bobs worth in when it has absolutley nothing to do with them. How can Dce think for him self with drop kicks like this hovering around. Leave the kid alone and let him make the decision that he wants to make.

Anybody honestly still think he is going 2 back flip looking at all the pressure he is getting from QLD? his so called qld brothers have really stuck the boot into him.

I always had a low opinion of Queenslanders and this just confirms it.

Even the term 'BACKFLIP' p**ses me off.
When others changed their mind it was - ...... has decided to stay loyal - almost heroic really!
Theres no solid contract till round 13 as EVERYONE knows.
Its simply a decision as in the past - the person involved is entitled to make.
A decision that does not make him good, bad or otherwise & for people to pretend this decision effects his character, maybe it does, because if he is strong enough to follow his heart & stay at Manly it shows comlete leadership - not following the pressure cooker calls up North & saying - "You MFers are not gunna bully me into something I dont want - this is my call so F**k Off"

Anybody honestly still think he is going 2 back flip looking at all the pressure he is getting from QLD? his so called qld brothers have really stuck the boot into him.

I always had a low opinion of Queenslanders and this just confirms it.

This is just pressure being put on him from a different angle , no different to the Myles recruitment , or the supposed Lussick recruitment.

To be honest if the kid is thinking of back flipping or not, I think it will come down to money / post football career.

If the Fox Sports TPA deal is kosher, then that's certainly an entree into a media role in the future.

If the kid is smart he will listen to his manager rather than be torn by emotions , any media storm that follows will last about 24-48 hours, and then it will be back to normal.

Only time will tell

This is reminiscent of the Britney Spears breakdown years ago. Will they just leave Cherry the hell alone!

I hope someone in the media calls out Lockyer (or the ghost writer...) for the absolute disgraceful BS article that it is. It's straight bullying. Never rated the bloke. Scumbag

This is reminiscent of the Britney Spears breakdown years ago. Will they just leave Cherry the hell alone!

I hope someone in the media calls out Lockyer (or the ghost writer...) for the absolute disgraceful BS article that it is. It's straight bullying. Never rated the bloke. Scumbag

They won't he's considered a god up here!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12