• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
its the revolving story that just keeps going round and round at first it was make a decision and sign something now its still make a decision and sign again and rip up one

I don't like the bullying but I will say DCE has our best offer it's time 2 put it 2 bed once and for all are you staying or going?

Nothing stopping him announcing he is staying or going. The longer he drags it out the more of these rubbish articles will be published.
You forget Daly enjoys the process. And why not, the number of times his name appears in all forms of media is astronomical. He's a great player but his profile is now way bigger even than his prodigious ability, which can only be to his advantage in sponsorships and post footy opportunities.

And remember, if he had the strength of character to announce to his Manly teammates that he was leaving, I'm sure he's equally as capable of telling the same to the Titans and Locky.

You forget Daly enjoys the process. And why not, the number of times his name appears in all forms of media is astronomical. He's a great player but his profile is now way bigger even than his prodigious ability, which can only be to his advantage in sponsorships and post footy opportunities.

And remember, if he had the strength of character to announce to his Manly teammates that he was leaving, I'm sure he's equally as capable of telling the same to the Titans and Locky.
Let's all hope so.

Look at the high and mighty rubbish Lockyer is trotting out.

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL round 13 rule doesn’t help but let’s hope DCE keeps his word
THE NRL’s nonsensical Round 13 contract registration rule isn’t helping Daly Cherry-Evans, but now is the time for the Maroons playmaker to help himself. I sincerely hope Daly sticks to his word.

I hope, for the sake of the credibility of an NRL contract and the honourable reputation he has worked hard to cultivate, that Cherry-Evans turns out for the Titans next season.

The decision by Nate Myles to quit the Titans to join Manly from 2016 has sent the merry-go-round of conspiracy theories into overdrive, a inferno of debate fanned by the NRL’s round 13 rule.

Myles and Cherry-Evans were supposed to be the Titans’ leadership core. Now there is talk the Queensland teammates will team up at Manly. Did Myles quit to play with Daly? Will DCE renege on his Titans deal? Was it driven by their wives? Are Nate and Daly colluding? Can Manly find more cash for Daly? Are the managers orchestrating all of this?

So many questions, rumours and innuendo. It is enough to make your head spin. The speculation will continue to rage for another 23 days, when the completion of round 13 will finally allow the NRL to end the circus by rubberstamping Daly’s next contract.

Last month, Cherry-Evans indicated he planned to honour his Titans deal. But that was before the Myles development, and news of his impending arrival at Brookvale adds another layer of complexity to the saga.

Amid the chatter and uncertainty, I hope Daly remembers this: Queensland and Australian hierarchy have big plans for him. Articulate, smart and well-groomed, he is a natural successor to the Origin and Test captaincy, responsibilities that will test Cherry-Evans’ constitution and strength.

When I was handed the Broncos captaincy in 2005, and eventually the Origin and Test jobs, I learnt the sign of a good leader is their strength.

When a leader says he’s going to do something, his word is his bond. He backs up his words with his actions.

This is a great opportunity for Daly. It’s a moment in his career and a moment in a lot of people’s eyes for Daly to stick to his guns and honour his word.

It’s understandable that people of influence at Manly will be trying their hardest in the coming days and weeks to get in his ear; to convince Cherry-Evans to see the signs of promise that lured Myles.

But if Cherry-Evans is his own man, he will push through, stay true to the Titans and end the debate once and for all.

As I got older, leadership taught me the importance of honour and conviction. As a leader, you are not suddenly perfect. But once you go in a direction, you have to back yourself, back the reasons for your decisions, and stick to it.

If he comes into State of Origin camp next week, imagine how many journalists are going to ask if he is having second thoughts and considering backflipping to stay at Manly?

It is a distraction he and the Maroons can do without.

The NRL’s round 13 rule is not doing Daly any favours. Quite simply, it is a ridiculous rule and it doesn’t benefit the individual or the club. Right now, Manly are in a holding pattern. They don’t know whether a guy is coming or going and how much money that leaves for them to spend in the salary cap. There must be a way to make the contract process more streamlined and more transparent for the fans.

Daly has a huge future in Queensland. Next February, he turns 27 and aside from his on-field maturity, he will find himself becoming more involved in off-field corporate engagement at the Titans. I walked a similar path at the Broncos and I really started to embrace opportunities and the balance, skill-set and education it gave me as a person.

Cherry-Evans will be successful wherever he plays, but sticking true to the Titans will demonstrate his strength of character. He just has to say the words.

Gee this article is full of it. Alright for lockyer who played for a club with an open chequebook.

Lots of players re-neg every year and yet there isnt this media circus. Funny how all the QLD commentators/journalists are saying he should be loyal.

He has every right to stay, every right to be at Manly. If that decision is because he doesnt want to move him young family to QLD, and could potentially earn more, than that is ok.

In my career, I have seen times when people announce they leave, their existing employer offers them a better deal to stay so they do. I respect that the problem here is Daly has 6 months to change his mind.

So hate the rule, not the player.

Look at the high and mighty rubbish Lockyer is trotting out.

If he comes into State of Origin camp next week, imagine how many journalists are going to ask if he is having second thoughts and considering backflipping to stay at Manly?

It is a distraction he and the Maroons can do without.

All i read from that is lockyer is worried that the DCE contract negotiation will drag into SOO.

You know how you stop that DCE. Put pen to paper at Manly and then this drama is done with, Titans can't coutner offer on an extension..

All i read from that is lockyer is worried that the DCE contract negotiation will drag into SOO.

You know how you stop that DCE. Put pen to paper at Manly and then this drama is done with, Titans can't coutner offer on an extension..
That's the way to finish it, sign an extension , all over , red rover!!

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL’s transfer system is to blame for the mess, not DCE or the clubs
  • PAUL KENT
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 16, 2015 12:00AM
THE language surrounding Daly Cherry-Evans is one of insult and misunderstanding. It reveals the unfairness of the NRL’s round 13 rule. We need to cut him a break.

It also highlights how poorly the whole Cherry-Evans fiasco was handled. The line for who to blame starts to the left.

But how much can we really attach to Cherry-Evans? Why is the hate so strong? And what will happen if he stays at Manly?

Instead of being praised for being loyal, it will invite more criticism.

Greg Inglis left Melbourne and signed with Brisbane, then flipped on the Broncos to sign with Souths, yet Inglis looms a modern folk hero.

Luke Lewis was the first to exploit the round 13 rule, signing with South Sydney before reneging to stay in Penrith.

James Tedesco reneged on Canberra to stay at Wests Tigers.

Josh Papalii reneged on Parramatta to stay at Canberra.

None of them were condemned like Cherry-Evans, who has not even exercised the clause yet.

That Cherry-Evans is considering a “backflip” has brought out unprecedented hate.

Where was it for the others?

A listener called 2KY’s Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday morning and, complaining of Cherry-Evans, he started talking about “honouring his word”.

He wanted to know how Cherry-Evans could change his mind and stay at Manly given he signed a contract with Gold Coast.

Didn’t he know he signed a contract, he asked?

He then pointed out that normal people buy houses for hundreds of thousands of dollars, the biggest financial decision of their lives, and get just a five-day cooling off period before the contract is legally binding.

Why did Cherry-Evans have until round 13, he wanted to know, when normal folk can make equally as big a decision and have just five days to change their mind?

The answer, without trying to sound patronising, is because he can.

Cherry-Evans is perfectly entitled to reverse his decision right up until round 13 because the rules allow it.

Yet he has come under pressure unlike anyone else has seen. Again, it’s the fault of the rules and not the player.

When Trent Merrin announced he was leaving St George Illawarra for Penrith earlier this year the Dragons shook his hand and wished him all the best.

Negotiations barely paused when Cherry-Evans signed with Gold Coast before round one.

They were supposed to end.

But managers have now finely honed the round 13 clause so it is now just another step in negotiations.

The round 13 clause allows players and their managers to call a club’s bluff.

In other words, Manly’s “best offer” is put forward and Cherry-Evans rejects it, signs with the Gold Coast, and the Sea Eagles now know that unless they mortgage the farm. None of this is Cherry-Evans’ fault.

Blame belongs with the NRL for not blowing up the system.

Cherry-Evans is in no different a place today than he was before round one. Manly have come back with a fresh offer and he is said to be tempted.

Earlier this week Manly told him they needed a decision, once and for all, on their new offer “within the next week or so”. The Sea Eagles don’t want to wait until round 13 because if they lose Cherry-Evans for good they need to get into the market as soon as possible to start filling some of those very large gaps in the roster.

The problem for Cherry-Evans is the constant chipping at his character.

It should not be part of his decision, but it will be because he is the kind of man that likes to please others.

He just needs to remember that when you try to make all the people happy all the time, you end up making none of them happy.
:clapping:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...dce-or-the-clubs/story-fnp0lyn3-1227356668511

Did I read this correctly. Is this a kent article that is actually positive towards Manly and one of its players. o_O

Surely he had taken a knock to the head when he wrote this.

I agree with his comments. Why is DCE being targeted, but GI or Lewis never copped the same heat..... Oh wait I know, cause DCE backflipping benefits Manly... all makes sense now.

Last edited:
So .... IF DCE has decided to stay, when would be the best time to announce?
I say after Monday night's game.
1. He will have already been selected for QLD.
2. Media won't have access.
3. Media attention will quickly be on SOO.
4. No-one from QLD can put pressure on him because you can't backflip on the incumbent club.
5. His fellow Manly player, Nate Myles, will have his back in camp.
Solved!

So .... IF DCE has decided to stay, when would be the best time to announce?
I say after Monday night's game.
1. He will have already been selected for QLD.
2. Media won't have access.
3. Media attention will quickly be on SOO.
4. No-one from QLD can put pressure on him because you can't backflip on the incumbent club.
5. His fellow Manly player, Nate Myles, will have his back in camp.
Solved!

Yeah I imagine if has re-signed, that he would wait till after this weekend when the QLD team is announced, otherwise he risks them being spiteful (which is lunacy).

The maroons will not want this to drag into SOO preparations, they will want the speculation done with and moving on. The best things for QLD is actually DCE signing at manly and ending this drama.

I think the writing is 'on the wall' for the Titans.

Given they're resorting to releasing articles on 'Future Captaincy' and calling in Lockyer to write a guilt piece, about loyalty and honour (considering the current Qld & Aus Captains club contract was kept in another set of books).

I strongly believe DCE will stay in 'God's Country'...

I think the writing is 'on the wall' for the Titans.

Given they're resorting to releasing articles on 'Future Captaincy' and calling in Lockyer to write a guilt piece, about loyalty and honour (considering the current Qld & Aus Captains club contract was kept in another set of books).

I strongly believe DCE will stay in 'God's Country'...

Interesting first post, welcome aboard!

I think it's interesting that note that all the pressure being applied to Daly is coming from the QLD press, whilst everything coming from Manly appears to be "let him make his own decisions" and "we will give him time and space". I wonder if that's an indication of confidence or just a tactic on our behalf..

Ashley Taylor linked with Titans, Manly as market for young star heats up

Having missed out on Kane Elgey, Manly now view Taylor as the perfect young half they can rebuild with.

Taylor has received a two-year, $200,000 per season offer, from the Sea Eagles and has privately asked Broncos teammates their opinions on the tug of war over his future.

But the Titans are also in the hunt, with the club tabling an offer to bolster their playmaking ranks.

Taylor’s best hope of playing NRL appears to be at Manly given the Titans recently signed Elgey to assist Daly Cherry-Evans, while Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford could be Brisbane’s halves for the next decade.

Taylor has not asked for a release and it is understood the Broncos are determined to keep a player they have contracted until the end of 2016.

Taylor, Joe Ofahengaue and Jayden Nikorima are the Broncos young guns being hunted by rival clubs.

They are all dominant at the NYC level and have risen up Brisbane’s ranks for several years.

The Broncos had six representatives in the Junior Kangaroos who beat New Zealand earlier this month.

Alongside Taylor, Ofahengaue and Nikorima were Jordan Drew, Jayden Berrell and Jai Arrow.

“We have all come through the grades together and it would be great to all stick together,” Taylor said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/as...ng-star-heats-up/story-fndv2w3r-1227356776287
Why would Taylor go to the Titans??? They already have DCE and Elgey.... Unless they don't have DCE maybe

Incredible, mind blowing hypocrisy from the Queensland press. I'd expect nothing more, to be honest, and am not surprised that the leader of the pack is Lockyer.

Thinly veiled threats re QLD and Aus selection... Like you've got a say in it. And like you'll go through with it. Pull your head in Locky, go rack some lines and think about how much YOUR loyalty REALLY cost. Not what your "salary" was but what the whole package deal was.

Hypocritical asshole
Can someone please remind me of who the Australian selectors are????

Darren Lockyer has very clearly demonstrated what an absolute moron he is. I'll never forget the joy I felt back in 2011 when our boys eliminated his pony's from the finals, ruining his dream send off.
It's quite sad that some in the media want to attack his character and bully him into going.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8