• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Maybe the ambush at the airport is forcing him to make an announcement sooner about back flipping, doesn't want to lie any more?

There cannot be any player signing saga, from any club - ever in history - that's come close to rivalling our twin soap operas for sheer drawn out angst and emotional turmoil for fans.

In fact I'm sure a lot of us will suffer withdrawal symptoms when it's all over and we have to discuss the matches again!
It's actually because of this that I want them both gone. Achievements on the football field aren't enough to compensate for the self-centred egotism off it.

Vautin is the only comparable signing drama that would come close to this current saga, at least in my time being around.

I reckon if the internet was around then, it would have rivalled this.

Dale Shearer going to Boncos was interesting as well especially when he wanted to leave mid season

Yes, the Shearer and Vautin contract saga's were dramatic as was Ronnie Gibbs but the only one i think that rivals the Cherry one was Fulton at the end of 1976.

It was in all the papers back then and quite the saga.

Of course that didn't end well for us but in that case we came in short with our offer. Hopefully this time it's a decision in our favour.

The only reason this whole this has been a huge media circus is because the media has created it! DCE signed a contract with titans, but because of the rd 13 back flip rule, the media has been building on this for weeks now. DCE has repeatedly said nothing has changed, don't know what else he is suppose to do or say? The whole drama involving the no contract offer to Glen last year, and players wanting to leave was just as bad. It seems the media are obsessed with manly, can't stay out of it for more than a few days at the most. I just ignore most of it, 90% of the time it's just a beat up to gain public interest. Im hoping he stays but just waiting til rd 13, cause then will finally know one way or the other

The only reason this whole this has been a huge media circus is because the media has created it! DCE signed a contract with titans, but because of the rd 13 back flip rule, the media has been building on this for weeks now. DCE has repeatedly said nothing has changed, don't know what else he is suppose to do or say? The whole drama involving the no contract offer to Glen last year, and players wanting to leave was just as bad. It seems the media are obsessed with manly, can't stay out of it for more than a few days at the most. I just ignore most of it, 90% of the time it's just a beat up to gain public interest. Im hoping he stays but just waiting til rd 13, cause then will finally know one way or the other

Can't blame the media once DCE signed with the titans we didn't need 2 make another offer.

We have stoked the fire if we just accepted he had signed and got on with it the media wouldn't be speculating.

Last edited:
Can't blame the media once DCE signed with the titans we didn't need 2 make another offer.

We have stoked the flames if we just accepted he had signed and got on with it the media wouldn't be speculating.

Why are people blaming DCE then? And circumstances have changed since Manly were negotiating both Foran and DCE's contracts in Jan. They are trying to convince him to stay now with an increased offer.

The media will speculate and write bogus articles every day and most of the time have no truth or substance to it. People like yourself probably get caught up too much with it.

Why are people blaming DCE then? And circumstances have changed since Manly were negotiating both Foran and DCE's contracts in Jan. They are trying to convince him to stay now with an increased offer.

The media will speculate and write bogus articles every day and most of the time have no truth or substance to it. People like yourself probably get caught up too much with it.

Who said they are made up stories? we are on record offering him a new deal (which we are entitled 2 do) ít's a bit precious 2 complain that people (media) are speculating on it.

Why are people blaming DCE? I can't speak 2 that I'd suggest jealousy.

Who said they are made up stories? we are on record offering him a new deal (which we are entitled 2 do) ít's a bit precious 2 complain that people (media) are speculating on it.

Why are people blaming DCE? I can't speak 2 that I'd suggest jealousy.

I was commenting on the posts written by people on this forum that are blaming DCE over this whole saga, and I was simply stating it's the media who turn up at the airport, his house, after training, etc etc trying to speculate if he's staying, did he just buy a new house, has Manly offered him an increased contract, have you spoken to Myles, etc. Then there are articles written by Lockeyer saying QLD wont forgive him if he backflips and he won't be picked for Australia cause people won't look up to him. The list goes on and on..

What is he suppose to do differently? I would be annoyed at all the attention as well. Just wait til rd 13 and write an article then when and if he decides to backflip. You're the one blaming the Manly club that they are contributing to this media circus because they offered him an increased offer! "We have stoked the flames" WTF?

There cannot be any player signing saga, from any club - ever in history - that's come close to rivalling our twin soap operas for sheer drawn out angst and emotional turmoil for fans.

In fact I'm sure a lot of us will suffer withdrawal symptoms when it's all over and we have to discuss the matches again!

While we were on the other side of the fence, I think the year we signed Les Boyd' Ray Brown and John Dorahy would have to go down in Rugby League history as the signings that created the most angst and emotional turmoil. Roy masters wanted class warfare so Arko hit him with the weapon of mass destruction cheque book.

I was commenting on the posts written by people on this forum that are blaming DCE over this whole saga, and I was simply stating it's the media who turn up at the airport, his house, after training, etc etc trying to speculate if he's staying, did he just buy a new house, has Manly offered him an increased contract, have you spoken to Myles, etc. Then there are articles written by Lockeyer saying QLD wont forgive him if he backflips and he won't be picked for Australia cause people won't look up to him. The list goes on and on..

What is he suppose to do differently? I would be annoyed at all the attention as well. Just wait til rd 13 and write an article then when and if he decides to backflip. You're the one blaming the Manly club that they are contributing to this media circus because they offered him an increased offer! "We have stoked the flames" WTF?
If DCE is blameless and has nothing more to say, then why do a piece for Fox sports tonight to just keep flogging this dead horse about will he or wont he? If he had any smarts he would just keep his gob shut and that would be that.

He might be putting this whole saga to bed tonight then, how would I know..haven't seen it? Maybe he is just sick of the constant media attention and by going on fox will tell everyone again for the 1000 time, nothing has changed? Why do fox want to do another story on him? I don't know, but blaming DCE is F##ken pathetic.

If he was backflipping it would be released to the media by his manager first and they would let the hysteria calm down slightly before DCE fronted the media. I can't see him going on TV the day after saying nothing has changed to announce that something has now changed.

Although, on the other hand, why go on TV to announce something you have already announced. Who knows. If he goes he goes, I just dont want to hear him saying its best for his family. Would he raise his kids in Kings Cross? Because that is the equivalent of the Gold Coast.

Last edited:

Absolutely I'm blaming the club we stuffed the negotiations up and in desperation are now trying 2 get him 2 backflip on a deal. The club owns the blame and the inept operators have set the club back years.

I just heard that DCE will be on Fox tonight to discuss the blah blah blah of his future, again this is just twisting the knife, I really hope that our club has the balls to publicly state today before he goes on that show, that all negotiations and offers have ceased with him clearing the way for him to bugger off and stop this charade he is playing. Our fans and members have been put through enough over this. Time for Kelly and Co to move on from him and put plans for our future.
Cherry Evans is trying to get manly to up their offer. If we offer him enough money he will stay. he is a mercenary

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10