• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Finally we have closure. I am glad its over because the one thing that annoyed me the most was the clubs season had stalled because of this protracted battle about what DCE was going to do. Cue the Manly haters are in overdrive now I just want to see the team get out there and do what they are capable of doing.

The fan base has been quite at odds regarding the way DCE handled this saga. SO many arguments and disagreements. In fact, I've had, and will always have the mindset that your either WITH Manly, or against us.

Regardless of how frustrated and pissed off people were (and a lot were also very, very supportive), DCE will be copping heaps of flack from the likes of Gordon Tallis, Graeme Annersley & a host of others.

He IS Manly now, so we need to galvanise as a group behind him, and support the bloke, no matter. He needs to know we are now in his corner, because he, well......is in ours !!!

I hope he puts down the paper, turns off the radio and television for a while, and not answer his phone to undesirables. There will be some other story line in 3-4 days.

DCE assisted in getting a ridiculous round 13 rule changed. The rest of the NRL players should be thankful this merry-go-round is no longer in existence.

I've gone from cringeing when he speaks and plays, to wanting to rally behind the kid - because he HAS shown loyalty - albeit late in the piece.

We're behind you DCE,

Can you imagine what that muppet Lockyer will write in his next column, after the dribble he wrote in the one a couple of weeks ago about DCE.

The fan base has been quite at odds regarding the way DCE handled this saga. SO many arguments and disagreements. In fact, I've had, and will always have the mindset that your either WITH Manly, or against us.

Regardless of how frustrated and pissed off people were (and a lot were also very, very supportive), DCE will be copping heaps of flack from the likes of Gordon Tallis, Graeme Annersley & a host of others.

He IS Manly now, so we need to galvanise as a group behind him, and support the bloke, no matter. He needs to know we are now in his corner, because he, well......is in ours !!!

I hope he puts down the paper, turns off the radio and television for a while, and not answer his phone to undesirables. There will be some other story line in 3-4 days.

DCE assisted in getting a ridiculous round 13 rule changed. The rest of the NRL players should be thankful this merry-go-round is no longer in existence.

I've gone from cringeing when he speaks and plays, to wanting to rally behind the kid - because he HAS shown loyalty - albeit late in the piece.

We're behind you DCE,

Can you imagine what that muppet Lockyer will write in his next column, after the dribble he wrote in the one a couple of weeks ago about DCE.

Thanks Brad and briza for your inside scoops that gave me hope and got me thru the last 6 weeks. Now the mrs reckons I can get on with my life, I don't know about that
I hear you, my missus said the same thing about me. She's still worried about Toovey though.

P.S. Great profile pic

Thanks Brad and briza for your inside scoops that gave me hope and got me thru the last 6 weeks. Now the mrs reckons I can get on with my life, I don't know about that
I hear you, my missus said much the same thing about me. She's still worried about Toovey though.

P.S. Great profile pic

Talking sport reckons Foz is now on $1.2m per year, and Chez on $1.25m per year. Doesn't fit with figures stated above.

Lockyer spoke of loyalty...in the end DCE was loyal. I just don't get the spin on all this that to be loyal, he needed to sign with a rival club. The QLD media did a great job, but it just never stood up. When Wally and Geno back flipped, they were being loyal???
Chez just needs to concentrate on a long, successful life at Manly. I am tipping Barrett to come on board as assistant next year and that will be the succession. There is no way in hell Toovey will be pushed aside now. It would destroy the whole value of the signing.
Indeed it is a watershed moment in the future success of this great club. Penn will thrive on all this, and to his credit he got the deal done!!!!!! Onward and upward-I just hope we can galvanise the whole club as one moving forward.

Talking sport reckons Foz is now on $1.2m per year, and Chez on $1.25m per year. Doesn't fit with figures stated above.

If they're right, that's a pretty well spent $50k.

Media Release

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Daly Cherry-Evans a ‘Sea Eagle for Life’

Daly Cherry-Evans today announced that he will be a Sea Eagle for life.

Cherry-Evans signed a playing contract that will keep him at Brookvale until the end of his NRL career. This will make the 26-year-old a one club player.

A Mackay Brothers junior, Cherry-Evans came through the lower grade ranks at the Sea Eagles before making his NRL and Club debut in Manly’s 2011 Premiership year. He has gone on to play for Queensland and Australia out of the Sea Eagles system.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn said the long term deal was befitting of a

player of Daly’s stature in the game. “Daly is the calibre of player that the Club can continue to build a premiership winning culture around,” Penn said.

“Daly has already played in 2 Grand Finals for the Club and won a Clive Churchill medal. He is at the top of his game and this contract reflects how valuable he is to the Sea Eagles and how important he will be for our future success.”

“We are very confident that this signing will be the tipping point for the Sea Eagles future
recruitment plans.”

CEO Joe Kelly said the re-signing of Cherry-Evans was a massive boost for the Club.

“Today is a wonderful and historic moment for the Sea Eagles, our sponsors, members and
supporters. Daly is one of the best halves in the game and has a long-term representative career in front of him at both State and National level,” Kelly said.

“To now know that he is committed to being a one Club player for Manly Warringah is extremely satisfying.”

Cherry-Evans confirmed his decision to stay.

“It is with great pleasure and humility I can confirm I will be continuing my stay with the Sea
Eagles,’’ Cherry-Evans said.

“This gives me an opportunity to become a one club player which is something I have dreamed of since arriving as an 18-year-old.

“Ï like to thank the Manly Warringah Members and supporters for all their support. I hope they are just as pleased with this decision as I am.”

Head Coach Geoff Toovey said it was great news for the side.

“Daly is an integral member of our team, and his experience and leadership skills are invaluable, especially to the younger players coming through,” Toovey said.

“This is a great confidence boost heading into the business end of the season.”

Captain Jamie Lyon spoke on behalf of team-mates.

“We gave Daly the time and space he needed to make the right decision for him and his family,’’ Lyon said.

“Naturally we’re ecstatic that Daly will be wearing the Sea Eagles colours for the rest of his career.”

Ends

WAYNE COUSINS – MEDIA MANAGER

Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

D: 9970 3002 E: [email protected]

F: 9972 4022 W: www.seaeagles.com.au

M: 0439 770 154
A: Po Box 994, Narrabeen NSW 2101

If DCE is fit, and with Morgan doubtful, I can't see why he won't be picked for Origin. I've read a lot of comments to media articles today and most Queenslanders are saying he shouldn't be picked. He's not shown any disloyalty to Qld, but their "us against them" mentality has hampered their ability to see through the trees. He's rejected a Qld based club so he is obviously mud to some people up there right now.

As for the Qld 'legends' weighing in with their opinions. If DCE was say, playing for the Donkeys and backflipped to stay with them instead of joining the Tits.....would they be coming out and saying he should have honoured his contract? I doubt they would be against it if he stayed up there instead of coming to a Sydney based club.

And lets not forget, the Donkeys never wanted him in the first place because they thought he was too small, and so did pretty much every other club except ours. Manly gave him his chance. He's actually staying loyal to those who gave him his shot at glory and helped turn him into a star.

I am so very, very, very, very happy............!!!! @:) @:D :rofl: :happy:

Wonderful news.........Chez is a game changer and an incredible talent and now he will be a Mighty Sea Eagle for life. Just awesome................!!!!

Go Chez and go The Mighty Manly Sea Eagles............!!!!

Yeahaaaa...........!

To the Titans and other teams...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
sincerely
Sea Eagles Fans.....

Why is no one up in arms about Inglis, Tedesco, even Tallis all doing this in their careers? It's only bad when a Manly player does this. Manly just played the game better in this regard and used the rules. The NRL should be ashamed about how they went about trying to prop up a dying and corrupt club in the Titans at the expense of Manly. This is just comeuppance for the way the NRL has treated Manly over the years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8