• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It appears that the club was willing to let DCE walk at the expense of Foran....in some ways I don't blame him for being pissed off. Shunning one player before you have the other in the bag seems like a monumental stuff to me.

Nonsense. You are looking at this as a supporter. Why on earth would DCE sign a contract over a year out just because one was put in front of him. He knows full well what is market value is and if it didn't meet that then why sign.

Our negotiating strategy was the correct one, albeit 6 months to early. We had no leverage in issuing a declaration so far out from June, did Kelly (presume it was him) believe that no one else would offer DCE a contract if we pulled it.... all that it did was mean that we weakened our own bargaining position, and no doubt will force us to pay more than what we expected to in the first instance. It was rather obvious to all and sundry that Foran was the most likely to leave, and by jumping the gun with an ultimatum it always had the strong possibility of blowing up in our faces when Foran moved on, leaving us halfless for 2016.

I don't like how the summer played out and the maneuverings by Orr and DCE but the board allowed it to go this far. Orr and DCE took advantage of the situation that Kelly and Penn created. They have been ruthless with their execution, but I say again we brought this on ourselves. He wanted to sign, and would have before some Einstein brought the negotiations and the deadline into the public, backing DCE into a corner. It was amateur hour.

Personally I think it can be salvaged and we can still come out of this in a good position, but if not the losing of two of the best halves in the game and the shameful and amateurish way it has been conducted since heads should roll. They would in any other business model (including Chelsea).
I believe Orr is the one who got the info out. And don't forget how DCE was being paraded around prior to the offer being pulled. It was a total farce.

Also - I don't think we can call Foran one of the best halves any more. What's in the past is in the past but currently he is nowhere near the upper echelon. DCE definitely is but Foz no way.

I strongly disagree with this - they set him a deadline which he failed to meet, they gave him an extra day - nothing - then they pulled it as the season was starting the next day, with the view to picking up negotiations again once the dust had settled on the opening rounds. That to me makes perfect sense.

Also, if you are going to argue that DCE had an offer on the table that he wanted to sign but the new ownership pulled it and offered him less then to that I would counter with "he should have signed the ****ing contract". Never look a gift horse in the mouth...
But, why was Chez held to those two time constraints and Foran allowed to muse ? @:rolleyes:
I would hardly call a contract offer for a rare talent a 'gift horse'. This fiasco has highlighted the shortage of half backs, let alone quality and proven half backs. @:cool:

But, why was Chez held to those two time constraints and Foran allowed to muse ? @:rolleyes:
I would hardly call a contract offer for a rare talent a 'gift horse'. This fiasco has highlighted the shortage of half backs, let alone quality and proven half backs. @:cool:
It's highlighted it after the fact, when the horse had bolted. I'm just going to pump out horse analogies...

Foz though is a man of honour *vomits* and was going to stay up until the last moment *apart from the fact he never was and had agreed to his Eels deal a year ago*.

I would love to know who Manly assumed Foran would partner with in 2016?:rolleyes:

Chez is riding off into the Sunset with the girl and the gold :D:(:confused:

Simple,
DCE "flaunted" his shopping around - Management would not have been impressed!
Foran, however, did it all quietly. It is much easier to like the quiet, studious one than the flashy, "watch me" type.

Flaunt is debatable, and Chez was only televised in February at the Sharks.

Manly change of ownership happened in October, the time Chez stated that a downgraded offer was put to him. Way before the media frenzy @:cool:

Foran's 'studiousness', I would term as 'misleading' :cool:
The Proszenko article about his agreeing to terms with Parra was headline Sports News in February. Yet Manly chose to let him take his time and no deadline constraints were imposed @:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The club definitely shat the bed by putting Foran in front of DCE in terms of preference, even though Foran was the one who wanted out and DCE was the one who wanted to stay. I can only assume that it was some kind of factional decision on the board's part - Foran was part of the right clique.

It's good that we forced Parra to pay overs for a guy whose body is falling apart though, that makes me happy. I'll be even happier if Cherry backflips.

I dont see any point in going around and around in circles over this. They made their decisions and we have to lump it.

I just hope the club soon will be able to sign someone new to fill the halves positions so we can move on. The club has made mistakes over this but what they learn from those mistakes is the critical thing moving forward.

I dont see any point in going around and around in circles over this. They made their decisions and we have to lump it.

I just hope the club soon will be able to sign someone new to fill the halves positions so we can move on. The club has made mistakes over this but what they learn from those mistakes is the critical thing moving forward.
I just hope it's not Richie Myler, he's mr average.

I imagine the big day will be about the 9th of June, the 8th being a public holiday, and the 7th the end of Round 13.

IF, we have managed a back flip, or any major signing this is the day or the week it will be announced, and not a moment before.

If DCE agreed to stay there is no need for any announcement to be delayed until Round 13. He would effectively just be extending his contract and therefore no Round 13 cooling off period would apply.

The concern would be how long it might take the NRL to scrutinise TPAs and register the contract (ala Snake's last one when he almost didn't make Round 1 in 2013).

I wonder if they could just stall signing off on a Manly contract until after Round 13 when the GC deal becomes binding...

Question?

Has DCE actually signed a contract with Titans (I imagine he has), or is it one of those 'I promise I will sign in before Round 13'

Cause if its just a verbal agreement, or an agreement on terms, and by chance DCE hasn't signed anything, then technically he can re-sign with Manly after Rd13 as there is no signed contract to register. Which means his manly contract is binding till end of the year and then he is off contract until he entered into a contract.

Whilst I highly doubt this is the case (in fact DCE would be taking a lot of risk doing this), is this plausible?

The most important thing about the article is that Bozo is standing up for DCE. Behind the scenes we may have been making all manner of gestures, but in the most part no one has stood up from the club to defend DCE about the amount of grief the media are giving him. Now they have. If he backflips will most likely come down to Bozo and how the club protect him publicly.
DCE stays with manly.

All media enquiries to bozo sitting in his cement truck

M
Question?

Has DCE actually signed a contract with Titans (I imagine he has), or is it one of those 'I promise I will sign in before Round 13'

Cause if its just a verbal agreement, or an agreement on terms, and by chance DCE hasn't signed anything, then technically he can re-sign with Manly after Rd13 as there is no signed contract to register. Which means his manly contract is binding till end of the year and then he is off contract until he entered into a contract.

Whilst I highly doubt this is the case (in fact DCE would be taking a lot of risk doing this), is this plausible?
I believe mAnagers draw up a "heads of agreement" document which sets out an intention to accept the terms offered. It's not quite a contract. I speculate that something like this is in place.

Courts have now expressed their judgement that "Heads of Agreements" documents, once signed, form a binding contract with or without specific out/exit clauses.

If DCE agreed to stay there is no need for any announcement to be delayed until Round 13. He would effectively just be extending his contract and therefore no Round 13 cooling off period would apply.

The concern would be how long it might take the NRL to scrutinise TPAs and register the contract (ala Snake's last one when he almost didn't make Round 1 in 2013).

I wonder if they could just stall signing off on a Manly contract until after Round 13 when the GC deal becomes binding...

Are you suggesting the NRL might screw Manly over to benefit the Titans?

Courts have now expressed their judgement that "Heads of Agreements" documents, once signed, form a binding contract with or without specific out/exit clauses.
Bloody courts! How are we sposed to orchestrate a claytons agreement these days? Eh? Eh? I want answers

Here is a thought did DCE manager adhere to this
just something else to throw out there @:oops:

Appendix to the Rugby League Accredited Player Agents Rules
CODE OF ETHICS FOR ACCREDITED AGENTS

1 .I will at all times act in accordance with the law and the legitimate best interests of any Player for whom I act as agent. I will deal with them honestly competently, diligently and fairly with a conscientious regard for their personal and professional welfare.

2. I will at all times act in accordance with the rules of the Rugby League Accredited Player Agent Scheme

3. I will at all times use my best endeavours to maximise my Players’ earning potential in the most effective manner by, if necessary, appropriate use of duly qualified professional advice including advice with respect to financial management, taxation and legal issues.

4. Any agreement I enter into with a Player shall be in writing and clearly disclose all fees and commissions payable to me by the Player or any other party. Any variation to such fees or commission rates must be agreed to by the Player in writing.

5. I will not enter into any such agreement with a Player if that Player is registered to another agent on the player-agent register held by the operations manager of the agent accreditation scheme. If there is any doubt, I understand it is my responsibility is to verify the Player’s status with the accreditation scheme operations manager before making any approach to the Player.

6. I will not allow my own financial or other interests or the interests of other persons to diminish my representation of any particular Player and in this regard I will not accept any secret commissions from any party relating to any transaction involving or affecting any Player whom I represent.

7. I will at all times when acting as agent for a Player, keep him fully informed of the nature of the work I am doing in performance of my obligations as his agent and, wherever possible, I shall keep the Player so informed in writing.

8. I shall at all times maintain a sound working knowledge of the NRL Rules and any Schedules and Guidelines to those Rules.

9. I shall at all times proceed with due regard for the need to preserve the confidentiality of any information disclosed to me by any Player for whom I act as agent and not disclose, or allow to be disclosed, confidential information about a Player for whom I act as agent without that Player’s written consent.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10