• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Talk about flogging a dead horse. This whole drama has engulfed our season. Will he? wont he? will he? wont he?

Enough! The club needs to move on.

This is the first I have heard about him buying a house on the Gold Coast. I am sure if he had the media would have been all over it.
I very much doubt it that he has already bought a house on the GC.
Sure he's going to get great money when he gets there, but I doubt it that he has already bought a house without selling his place in Sydney, and he would be mad to sell in Sydney.
He would most likely rent a place there, as GC property is readily available and doesn't move like Sydney property.

Well Kelly is on tape saying that Manly are only following up on Foran :confused:

“We want Daly Cherry-Evans playing at his best and enjoying his team mates,” Kelly said.
Strange comment following the months of Chez being described as a divisive Yoko Ono@:rolleyes:

Lets hope it is all resolved and Chez makes a decision based on his priorities and not due to external pressure @:cool:

Wonder if we will get a Merrin or RTS backflip story ? :mad:
Don't normally mind your comments @HappilyManly but this is off the mark IMO. The guy who made the quote has never said anything about him being divisive that's all purely media speculation.

I like that Kelly said "The fans are telling us very loudly to never give up in trying to keep him and we think they have a vital part to play in that because of his enormous popularity".

Good that they seem to be listening. Now its just a matter of keeping him.

Everytime I read this thread I get an overwhelming urge to find out who the ironstine was that pulled DCE's offer last year when he was ready to sign for a lot less and ask them "what the F$%K were you thinking ??"

That will go down with some of the other great moments in stupidity

"Don't like their sound" - record exec that the Beatles first pitched to and passed on them

" Hey look !! a really cool wooden horse. Open the gates, let's bring it in here " - The Trojans.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

Whaddya mean?
I used to work for Digital then... Whatever KO said must have been true! He was a VISIONARY! However, sometimes, visionaries get it wrong. (gulp!)

Everytime I read this thread I get an overwhelming urge to find out who the ironstine was that pulled DCE's offer last year when he was ready to sign for a lot less and ask them "what the F$%K were you thinking ??"

"Don't like their sound" - record exec that the Beatles first pitched to and passed on them

" Hey look !! a really cool wooden horse. Open the gates, let's bring it in here " - The Trojans.

Joe Kelly strikes me as the type to buy a "beta" VCR.

Joe Kelly strikes me as the type to buy a "beta" VCR.
I'll reserve my judgment on Joe Kelly until after the end of May contract deadline. I'm hoping there will be signing announcements after that.

What about Nathan brown in the 96 GF
I tackled him ref , I really did and he was held says Nathan lying on his ass while the mighty Mathew ridge converted the try and won the game

I'll reserve my judgment on Joe Kelly until after the end of May contract deadline. I'm hoping there will be signing announcements after that.
I imagine the big day will be about the 9th of June, the 8th being a public holiday, and the 7th the end of Round 13.

IF, we have managed a back flip, or any major signing this is the day or the week it will be announced, and not a moment before.

“There are plenty of players who have changed their mind. None have come under the criticism or the scrutiny that Daly has come under.”.

The most important thing about the article is that Bozo is standing up for DCE. Behind the scenes we may have been making all manner of gestures, but in the most part no one has stood up from the club to defend DCE about the amount of grief the media are giving him. Now they have. If he backflips will most likely come down to Bozo and how the club protect him publicly.

Manly's negotiating strategy was incomprehensible :eek:

I strongly disagree with this - they set him a deadline which he failed to meet, they gave him an extra day - nothing - then they pulled it as the season was starting the next day, with the view to picking up negotiations again once the dust had settled on the opening rounds. That to me makes perfect sense.

Also, if you are going to argue that DCE had an offer on the table that he wanted to sign but the new ownership pulled it and offered him less then to that I would counter with "he should have signed the ****ing contract". Never look a gift horse in the mouth...

But why are players even thinking of where they will be next year when they still have nine months or longer to serve of their current employment?

I strongly disagree with this - they set him a deadline which he failed to meet, they gave him an extra day - nothing - then they pulled it as the season was starting the next day, with the view to picking up negotiations again once the dust had settled on the opening rounds. That to me makes perfect sense.

Also, if you are going to argue that DCE had an offer on the table that he wanted to sign but the new ownership pulled it and offered him less then to that I would counter with "he should have signed the ****ing contract". Never look a gift horse in the mouth...

Nonsense. You are looking at this as a supporter. Why on earth would DCE sign a contract over a year out just because one was put in front of him. He knows full well what is market value is and if it didn't meet that then why sign.

Our negotiating strategy was the correct one, albeit 6 months to early. We had no leverage in issuing a declaration so far out from June, did Kelly (presume it was him) believe that no one else would offer DCE a contract if we pulled it.... all that it did was mean that we weakened our own bargaining position, and no doubt will force us to pay more than what we expected to in the first instance. It was rather obvious to all and sundry that Foran was the most likely to leave, and by jumping the gun with an ultimatum it always had the strong possibility of blowing up in our faces when Foran moved on, leaving us halfless for 2016.

I don't like how the summer played out and the maneuverings by Orr and DCE but the board allowed it to go this far. Orr and DCE took advantage of the situation that Kelly and Penn created. They have been ruthless with their execution, but I say again we brought this on ourselves. He wanted to sign, and would have before some Einstein brought the negotiations and the deadline into the public, backing DCE into a corner. It was amateur hour.

Personally I think it can be salvaged and we can still come out of this in a good position, but if not the losing of two of the best halves in the game and the shameful and amateurish way it has been conducted since heads should roll. They would in any other business model (including Chelsea).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10