• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 series victories as captain now when QLD would have been looked at as the underdog prior to the series. He is arguably QLD’s finest captain.

The 2020 series win in particular was incredible. While they had a team to be competitive, that series really should have been a 3-0 whitewash in NSW’s favour if NSW were serious

His chase to run down Crichton was simply unbelievable. He then backed it up in the next set to get in position to receive the offload from Carrigan. That 1 minute or so of effort alone should have landed him MOTM. Channel 9 commentary were too absorbed in their own self analysis to really laud that moment. For the first half they were talking up Moses. They said 'his little chip ahead showed he belonged on this stage'. What it showed was a fancy, one out play. DCE's effort play IS what SOO is all about and why they win. While I am a proud NSW supporter I must admit I was buzzing about DCE's game. AND he is not only QLD through and through he is Manly through and through. Love him.

I have just had to force myself through 14 disgusting pages about how Tom is a waste of money and should take a pay cut and retire from SOO etc (which i disagree with entirely)..... and once again it struck me:

DCE and Tom are on similar money
Tom is a better player - on potential....
But deadset - DCE plays EVERY game.... rarely gets injured, and is a frikkin SOO winning captain again

And he will back up and probably steer us to a remarkable victory against the storm.

Yet people on here want to switch him with BEN HUNT???? Just to make cap room?

I wonder - for all the high paid NRL players in our comp (Tom, DCE, Jake - and their equivalents at other clubs:
How much do they get paid, how many minutes do they ACTUALLY play, and (therefore) how much value to they represent.

A $700k player that misses half the season is worth 'less' in real terms than a $1.3m player that plays every game.....

DCE is the best frikkin value for money of any 'star player' in the comp.

We don't realise how lucky we are.

1687394805904.png

What a great Captains play ...

In the context of the Brooks signing and Schuster shenanigans how long does DCE have left on his contract?

Will Schuster or Humphreys wait it out?

Halfback (Brooks) signed.
5/8 (Shu) signed.

Is DCE about to leave us? Or at least… take a pay cut?

I highly doubt it. Why would he?

From memory, a reduction in salary is what was reported at the time of his extension.

Also a change of position was mooted as a possibility at the time too, dependant on the teams needs.

Dce extended thru to the end of 2025..: ide say he will retire after that and manly are getting the succession plan In order now… will play with brooks for 2 seasons then brooks and whoever (Humphries maybe??) will be the halves from 2026 onwards

He'll be gone soon.

But I believe he'll only miss one match and will be back again after origin.
Agree and on that, recall what he said after SOO 2, see you next year Qld, he has no intention of not playing on, with our club and most likely as our half, after all his the best half in the game at the moment, could get in and do a bit of work out of DH every now and then though.

Agree and on that, recall what he said after SOO 2, see you next year Qld, he has no intention of not playing on, with our club and most likely as our half, after all his the best half in the game at the moment, could get in and do a bit of work out of DH every now and then though.
I've noticed when we bring the ball back out of our end he often plays at dummy half for the first couple of tackles to give Croker a breather.

He has a sold direct pass but the plays are usually simple ones - one out hits to bring us up the field.

Could be a crafty dummy half especially with those little darts through the ruck but a don't think I'd like to see him making 40 or so tackles each week.

I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves from his home state after being booed for so many years.

I'd love for Turbo and Jake to win a premiership, but gee it would be sweet for DCE to get another one for Manly before he retires....

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8