• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well atm we haven't got a halfback for next year so it will be interesting to see how people will react if one of those three is announced.
Both Sandow and Hopkinson are great goal kickers. Besides halves our team lacks goal kickers. We have to score near the posts to get 6 points this year.
I'd rather Maloney if we are after someone purely for that. But can't Albert Kelly kick goals too?

This is good news. If he can goal kick can he be coached by Joey to play halfback? Maybe we need to look from within.
Some on here are saying possibly 5/8 (I'm not so sure) but I get your point and understand we'll still need halves and maybe Gutherson won't have a first grade spot...so possibly still have the kicking problem...back to the drawing board.

Cant tell you the exact number. They were discussing souths recent poor form on footy show coinciding with being without Reynolds and how much they are missing his directional play and kicking game. Then they gave that stat that they have never won a game when he hasn't played due to injury or suspension. He is that important to them. Wonder how we will go next year without DCE. Probably similar to how we fair without snake...not good.
That stat may be a little rubbery - played 27 in 2012 and 26 each year thereafter

I think he got injured in a semi final and they lost in 2012

I'd rather Maloney if we are after someone purely for that. But can't Albert Kelly kick goals too?

Think maloney is close to resigning with rorters on reduced pay. Have told tupou to look elsewhere. I would be really disappointed if we go after Hodko. He won't win you a gf. Look at the dogs, best pack in nrl but won't win the gf with those halves. Even dogs own supporters want to get rid of him and play moses mbye

People say we have no contingency, but who has told us that? By definition Elgey was a contingency,

Unfortunately in this day we are not stakeholders, we are customers. The TV deal sustains the club, not us- sad but I believe the reality.

I can assure you I do not "back management" and have said as much previously. However I do not understand the sentiment of the "JokeKelly" brigade, and I personally believe it is symptomatic of ill informed opinion.

What is the respect you expect as a fan? Not being smart honestly curious

The tv deal provides the salary cap money, which is duly spent on our squad (well part of it!) the supporters buy merchandise, memberships and attend the game, they are also the single biggest promoter of the club. This is what turns a profit for the owners. The salary cap money will keep rolling in, but the aforementioned revenue streams will dry up if manly isn't a club attractive to existing and prospective supporters. Which is why we we deserve respect. I don't need to be kept in the loop of the inner machinations of our club. But they've hardly being anything but transparent with their handling of our halves. That is disrespectful to the player in question and the fans.

I also believe we deserve respect by our owners providing a team we can be proud of and identify with. Players we have nurtured and fostered should be priority, not players like the possibility of a todd carney. It shouldn't be a given that we will keep ponying up the dough no matter, how the club and its employees act, fail and fumble through our existence.

Any line on a balance sheet is a stakeholder, and believe you me, we are on there under "goodwill" but goodwill can be eroded and diminished if it is not respected.

I never want to see Sandow near a manly jumper or for that matter again Hodkinson-we would be worse off with these two leading us

Carney I could handle but if those 2 have beens are our halves next year I would seriously consider not attending games out of protest

Something to consider - how hard were we even after Elgey? For starters, JK said from the start international halves. Secondly I've seen some posts around by people claiming we have already signed a 7 it just won't be announced until later. Maybe this was like the Tom Burgess hoopla when after it was done it came out we didn't actually go that hard after him (whereas if you read the media we were flat chat). The last thing you want to do is go hard after someone in the form of their lives. You just pay stupid overs and our management don't seem like the types to pay or offer more than they believe is right.

We might well be surprised when we get into May and something is announced and it is not the garbage of Hodgo or Sandow. In the mean time resign the young guys we want and focus on getting our best team back out on the paddock.

Heard that about Maloney, be sensational if one of our halves wanted to take unders to stay!
Tough break for Tupou he has been solid for them.

The dogs have Mbye to replace Hodko so they can call for his head. Its a lot better scenario then what we have got at the moment. Why can't he win a grand final? He won an origin for us.
Love to see Hodgo in Blue and Gold, passing to Choc who runs 15 metres sideways before getting tackled them dropping it cold trying to play the ball.

Mine too - but little do you know they have fruit break before recess! They do this "fruit break" at about 10am and then have recess at 11ish

They have lunch between 11 and 11.45 and then have a 15 minute fruit break at 1.00 pm.

It's anarchy as my kids tell me they have their fruit with their lunch and then save their treat eg. biscuit for fruit break.

Big no to Hodko, and a big ****ing No to Sandow.
Id love to know what Jack Bird's contract situation was at the Sharks.
I'd throw the kitchen sink at him as Foz replacement.

The tv deal provides the salary cap money, which is duly spent on our squad (well part of it!) the supporters buy merchandise, memberships and attend the game, they are also the single biggest promoter of the club. This is what turns a profit for the owners. The salary cap money will keep rolling in, but the aforementioned revenue streams will dry up if manly isn't a club attractive to existing and prospective supporters. Which is why we we deserve respect. I don't need to be kept in the loop of the inner machinations of our club. But they've hardly being anything but transparent with their handling of our halves. That is disrespectful to the player in question and the fans.

I also believe we deserve respect by our owners providing a team we can be proud of and identify with. Players we have nurtured and fostered should be priority, not players like the possibility of a todd carney. It shouldn't be a given that we will keep ponying up the dough no matter, how the club and its employees act, fail and fumble through our existence.

Any line on a balance sheet is a stakeholder, and believe you me, we are on there under "goodwill" but goodwill can be eroded and diminished if it is not respected.

Well articulated JB. To the point I have a much better appreciation of that view of club management.

Can I suggest you mean ignore it? You can't really make a judgement on someone's opinion until you have heard/read it.

And in response to the reply thing

BUT HE DID IT FIRST!!!

please read facetiousness and good humour into this - no Keyboard anger buddy

wasnt trying to have a go ,and didnt direct the post to anyone.It has been happening for weeks and on different threads...was just making a point...

But you couldnt help yourself directing one back at me...

WTF! What is the world coming to?

Lunch at recess, recess at lunch and Manly can't sign anyone!
My class has lunch at 10:30 because I've got Preps. The kids and the teachers are starving by then.
One of my five year olds is making his Nrl debut this weekend. Brought his headgear in for Show and Tell. He's not contracted for 2016.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8