• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Interesting that Nate Myles (on Sterlo tonight) said "Daly will make his decision based on what's best for his family" rather than "Daly made his decision in what's best for his family" .
He was also very careful on "our roster on paper" for next year!

He was also very careful on "our roster on paper" for next year!

I can show DCE a bit of paper that says he'll be playing alongside Bozo and behind Igor, Beaver, Lurch and Mal Reilly if it makes him stay.....someone hand me a pen.

Watched the interview, doesn't confirm either way. How would it be the best thing for his young family to uproot them to the GC??

Hypothetical- if a rich Manly benefactor was to buy the house on the Gold Coast off DCE for more than he had bought it for, would the subseqit'sent capital gain be considered under the salary cap?
As long as the benefactor was not connected with club or as a sponsor, then any capital gain should be exempt from the salary cap, however, he would still be up for a substantial capital gains tax bill if it's not his prime residence, and has held it for less than a year.

As long as the benefactor was not connected with club or as a sponsor, then any capital gain should be exempt from the salary cap, however, he would still be up for a substantial capital gains tax bill if it's not his prime residence, and has held it for less than a year.
Can he negate capitol gains tax if he has a family member residing there or does it have to be the owner ?

You only pay when you sell - if he rents it for 10 years then moves into it for a while there's no problem.

I was told (and what i have been told could be wrong), the rule is if you rent your house (primary dwelling) for more than 6 years (been told its 6 years), or you move into a rental that has never been lived in by the owner, you have to apportion a CGT amount upon sale.

Like I said that is what Ive been told, Im not an accoutant :)

Last edited:
You are dreaming if you think this will be resolved in anyway before the deadline - how else would he and his management extract the last pound of flesh from either club?

I was told (and what i have been told could be wrong), the rule is if you rent your house (primary dwelling) for more than 6 years (been told its 6 years), or you move into a rental that has never been lived in by the owner, you have to apportion a CGT amount upon sale.

Like I said that is what Ive been told, Im not an accoutant :)
Think we'd better ask Tooves at the next presser :)

Can't believe there hasn't been a post today especially given DCE sharp retort at a Qld origin fan day yesterday when asked about purchasing a house...

Can't believe there hasn't been a post today especially given DCE sharp retort at a Qld origin fan day yesterday when asked about purchasing a house...
No doubt he's being a prat. He has zero charm when it comes to handling the media. Now that Joey has helped his play, he might have a go at his media relations. Whether he stays or goes, I can't see a media career for someone with so little charisma. He seems to be either admirably polite or ice ice baby.

No news is good news ? I like the quiet. The quieter it is the better i like it. It means that something big is brewing. So when the pendulum swings it'll do so with an almighty gong. So i think to encourage the sound of DCE bf-ing we should all have 24 hrs silence. So SSSHHHH !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8