• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've just caught up on all the news and videos.
The general Nrl public just can't cope with good news for Manly.
We need to protect Cherry with good forwards to lay the platform for him to weave his magic.
Thank you Bob Fulton for DCE.
I think it's hilarious that the rule is going to be changed because Manly got their man.@:D
I'm a Manly Sea Eagle for life too Daly.
Go Manly!
The way the media has handled this has been disgusting. They've been ostracising him for doing what any other professional would have done. Having said that, I do think this round 13 backflip rule is stupid and am glad to have seen the end of it. So glad to have DCE back but I do feel for the Titans. Imagine if the Elgey situation dragged on over months rather than get resolved in a day?

Or total hogs

Speaking of...

Their inept management, outright lies about recruitment (saying they had Lyon, saying DCE had given assurances he was coming), NRL backing right after their cocaine bull crap, and disproportionate targeting of our players really pisses me off. I had nothing against the Titans before this saga (except to be a bit miffed about the Lyon fiasco) but now I'm happy to see them get totally screwed over.

There seems to be an assumption that Manly stuffed up in pulling out of the negotiations, and paid more for DCE as a result. Penn himself suggested it was not well handled. And DCE suggested he was happy with Manly's earlier offer, which was withdrawn.

But is that the case? The result of Manly pulling out was that the best offer between other clubs was cemented into a contract. Once the Titans contract was signed, the Titans could not renegotiate (according to Annersley). And no other team could negotiate. So Manly knew the amount they needed to beat and had plenty of time to make it happen - with no competition. A far superior negotiating position to engaging in an open bidding war.

Of course Orr would have still spruiked DCE around to other clubs if Manly's original offer had stood.

So is it possible that Manly actually played the system to perfection?

There seems to be an assumption that Manly stuffed up in pulling out of the negotiations, and paid more for DCE as a result. Penn himself suggested it was not well handled. And DCE suggested he was happy with Manly's earlier offer, which was withdrawn.

But is that the case? The result of Manly pulling out was that the best offer between other clubs was cemented into a contract. Once the Titans contract was signed, the Titans could not renegotiate (according to Annersley). And no other team could negotiate. So Manly knew the amount they needed to beat and had plenty of time to make it happen - with no competition. A far superior negotiating position to engaging in an open bidding war.

Of course Orr would have still spruiked DCE around to other clubs if Manly's original offer had stood.

So is it possible that Manly actually played the system to perfection?

Now THAT'S a glass half full appraisal of management.

They f*cked up. Luckily they regrouped and got their man.

As DCE was never a Titan, I have no issue with his backflip other than the smug, disrespectful displays of false self-righteousness that he and his management have put on over the period of his decision-making. Also, Myles may have helped you get your man but I hope he gives you a lot more than the three games he has aimed-up in each year with us … and those in a Qld jersey.

He can't flip again. The Rd 13 rule is only for "signing" for a new club. The NRL can't register the contract until after Rd 13 BUT can/do register a contract with the incumbent club whenever and once it's done it's done.

It was more a light hearted 'poke' at us all. You when we're all happy and someone goes ...'but wait, what if such and such happens!' - then we all boo.

Though it is good to know the official rule, so thankyouverymuch

But I should've put in the giggling emoji...as I got tagged as an ironstine! lol

Tis the next morning...still enjoying the news and really enjoying the media 'hurt' over it all.

Maybe it wasn't a bad thing not to run out and 'sign anyone' as some were calling on when there weren't any signings a month or so ago!?

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

Last edited:

Foxsports block o/s video watching. I'm surprised when the roar does this as well....I mean it's the roar...who do they think they are??

Though we can use vpn's I know, but just saying that foxsports block vids. :)

edit: forget this - Dan has already pointed it out.

edit edit: - so stop reading this!

Last edited:
As DCE was never a Titan, I have no issue with his backflip other than the smug, disrespectful displays of false self-righteousness that he and his management have put on over the period of his decision-making. Also, Myles may have helped you get your man but I hope he gives you a lot more than the three games he has aimed-up in each year with us … and those in a Qld jersey.
haha! what on earth are you are you doing here mate? Anything you say is gunna sound pathetic and butthurt. Especially your half stabs at Manly's signings. Truth is no-one cares how you feel about it so on your bike. Feel free to come back when you've picked up a premiership maybe.

Oh no, Titans, you're better than this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 74
haha! what on earth are you are you doing here mate? Anything you say is gunna sound pathetic and butthurt. Especially your half stabs at Manly's signings. Truth is no-one cares how you feel about it so on your bike. Feel free to come back when you've picked up a premiership maybe.

Come on ManlyMatt. We can gloat but lets be magnanimous to our Titan guests. Its a big loss for them yet Titanic seems to be being reasonable about the situation. We're all Rugby League family. Save the criticism for the Aussie Rules turkeys.

Come on ManlyMatt. We can gloat but lets be magnanimous to our Titan guests. Its a big loss for them yet Titanic seems to be being reasonable about the situation. We're all Rugby League family. Save the criticism for the Aussie Rules turkeys.
It's not a loss for them - **** them! They have Elgey. They're fine.

We may all be in the RL family but we are not the same team. Anything your club can do within the rules to weaken a competitor the better. Remember, this is the BROKE and COKE FUELLED Titans. They deserve NO respect. They shouldn't even be in the NRL.

Hoping I'm not gonna wake up tomorrow with a hang over and a strong dose of buyers remorse. Glad that we've made the purchase, just wonder about the implications of spending 22% of our cap on one player. But hey, don't worry about me. Party on, I'll just stand over in the corner, happy but mildly concerned.
Where do you get 22%? - please don't let the Media hysteria take hold.

Nobody knows how the split between TPAs and the Cap is assigned to Chez' contract payments.

Manly have come through years of backended deals made by Dez, so they would have ensured that the Cap portion of all contracts is controllable.

I fear Greenslime / Referees / MRC / Judiciary / Match scheduling committee / Newscorp RETRIBUTION for this debacle. Manly have won something against them and they will want to get even.
Manly forwards should keep an eye on protecting DCE for a few weeks, esp in Rd 18.
In other news, MWSE have shortened in odds to make the eight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8