• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a NSW supporter I feel alot more comfortable with DCE not in the qld team. He will have something to prove.

I don't want him anywhere near that third game. If he's in the team and NSW completely dominate QLD in the forwards and rack up a big score then he will be the scapegoat and his confidence could take a real hit. I'd rather QLD lose without him and he use that as motivation for really lifting with us for the rest of this year.

Manly hit back at Cherry-Evans rumours
By AAP

Manly coach Trent Barrett has blasted the recent trash talk of Daly Cherry-Evans, describing it as false rumours made up by journalists.

Speculation is rife Cherry-Evans may be shunned for the deciding State of Origin clash with NSW because he doesn't get along with senior Maroons players.

Barrett was quick to hose down that talk, saying: "We don't listen to it mate because it's ****. It doesn't concern me, it doesn't concern Cherry."

When Cherry-Evans was asked how he thought the rumours started in the first place, Barrett chipped in.

"It's come about from you, from the journo. That's where it came about. No one else," Barrett said on Friday.

Cherry-Evans did his best to play down the rumours.

"I can't make much of it because I don't know anything about it," he said

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/30/16/46/manly-hit-back-at-cherry-evans-rumours#kwD7UvdKaPudYzBY.99

It's a queeeeeenslaners media thingy,if he had stayed with the titans he would have been the next messiah but according to dickhead queeeeeenslaners he is just a very naughty boy

There has been a deliberate campaign out there from north of the border to unsettle DCE. It is a shame cause he is worthy of selection on merit. It won't happen cause the clique that dominates the Queensland team will always win out, you can't blame them after the success they have enjoyed over the years, their loss is our gain, DCE can focus on getting Manly ready for finals football again and when we play the drizzle or cowpokes or donkeys, he has massive motivation and a big point to prove!!

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: MRW
I think the two biggest indicators that Qld won't pick him are 1, what K Waters said on NRL360 "that it would not be that he is unliked, that won"t get him picked, there would be other reasons" and 2, Cory Parker on sterlo "who said, that it would be, whether he fits the structure that coach wants to play, will see him picked or not"...

Yeh, I said before without Thurston QLD are Gonski. I hope they dont play DCE because I have a feeling its going to be a runaway to NSW.

Munster played last night and played well, and this brought about Smith's claim that he would be the ideal No 6 for QLD given his effective partnership with Cronk

A couple of letters to the editor in today's Canberra Times:

SOME FRESH AIR

Goodness, we now have a footballer, Daly Cherry-Evans, who actually prepared for an interview, rather than just roll out the same old cliches. ("Why charming Cherry-Evans puts his fellow players offside", Andrew Webster, June 27, p46). Webster goes to the trouble of telling us what "most players would say". I don't know if Cherry-Evans has a scriptwriter, but if he does I hope it is never Andrew Webster.

R. J. Wenholz, Holt

DCE a cut above
I read with some amusement Andrew Webster's article ("Why charming Cherry-Evans puts his fellow players off-side", June 27, p.46) regarding rugby league player Daly Cherry-Evans and the feeling among others in the game that he's "different".

Of course he's different. He's articulate! I daresay he'd pass the "done-seen-come" test with ease.

No "aw yeah mate" answers from "Cherry".

I wish the NRL would promote people like him as role models over some of the intellectual non-events who seem to pervade this great game.

Bob Hall, Kambah

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...l/news-story/27084735df3b999c8e2a590e1391127e

Walters defended the non-selection of Cherry-Evans, who has been left out in the Origin cold once more despite his career-best form at club level.

With the Maroons plumping for Hunt, who just last month was dropped to reserve grade by Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, suggestions that Cherry-Evans is on the nose within the Queensland set-up won’t be going away anytime soon.

Aware of the perception around the Sea Eagles skipper, Walters dismissed the whispers that Cherry-Evans’ cards are marked, and insisted that the 28-year-old’s “Origin career is very much alive”.

“DCE obviously came up in a lot of the discussion but Ben will be coming off the bench for us and we feel in that role, Ben can do a really good job for us,” Walters said.

“l feel if DCE was playing he’d be in the starting 13 ... we feel Ben can bring more value off the bench.

“I rang (Cherry-Evans) this morning just to make sure that he’s OK and (explain) the reasons why we haven’t selected him. He was understanding but disappointed obviously.

“... He was most disappointed in the media and what has been a pretty personal attack on him.

“Saying that certain members of this team and the Queensland Rugby League don’t accept him.

“It’s probably the most disappointing thing for him and I agree with him.

“.... Hogwash was the word I used about him not fitting into the Maroons setup, (it) couldn’t be further from the truth.

“I want to put that to bed fairly and squarely. When you wear the Maroons jumper you’re part of a great team and a great family.

“He’s worn that jersey very well in the past and if he keeps playing the way he is he’ll wear it again.

“It’s a personal attack on him and it’s ridiculous to thing someone would start that rumours when they’ve got no truth whatsoever.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...l/news-story/27084735df3b999c8e2a590e1391127e

Walters defended the non-selection of Cherry-Evans, who has been left out in the Origin cold once more despite his career-best form at club level.

With the Maroons plumping for Hunt, who just last month was dropped to reserve grade by Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, suggestions that Cherry-Evans is on the nose within the Queensland set-up won’t be going away anytime soon.

Aware of the perception around the Sea Eagles skipper, Walters dismissed the whispers that Cherry-Evans’ cards are marked, and insisted that the 28-year-old’s “Origin career is very much alive”.

“DCE obviously came up in a lot of the discussion but Ben will be coming off the bench for us and we feel in that role, Ben can do a really good job for us,” Walters said.

“l feel if DCE was playing he’d be in the starting 13 ... we feel Ben can bring more value off the bench.

“I rang (Cherry-Evans) this morning just to make sure that he’s OK and (explain) the reasons why we haven’t selected him. He was understanding but disappointed obviously.

“... He was most disappointed in the media and what has been a pretty personal attack on him.

“Saying that certain members of this team and the Queensland Rugby League don’t accept him.

“It’s probably the most disappointing thing for him and I agree with him.

“.... Hogwash was the word I used about him not fitting into the Maroons setup, (it) couldn’t be further from the truth.

“I want to put that to bed fairly and squarely. When you wear the Maroons jumper you’re part of a great team and a great family.

“He’s worn that jersey very well in the past and if he keeps playing the way he is he’ll wear it again.

“It’s a personal attack on him and it’s ridiculous to thing someone would start that rumours when they’ve got no truth whatsoever.”

I call total bull****, Kevvie knows the true story!!

Not a chance whilst the Mafia are still there.

Absolutely spot on Kevvie- DCE is a firm part of the Maroon jumper family and will wear it again as soon as Saturday!!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8