The honest thread !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perfect, perfect, PERFECT. He's the ultimate 14 imo. Could play almost any position, and do it well. Could slot into lock, the halves, Hooker, we get an injury out wide, he could fit in at a stretch.
Great utility players are rare and seldom appreciated i reckon. Aubusson at the Roosters, Des back in the day at all levels, Hunt for Qld. All solid defenders that can kick. Always in the last frame trying to hold up a try. Competitors at the core and can read a game.

The below showed up on my YouTube suggestions guys tonight (it's a bit chopped at the end), but it's the actual DVD, and such an absolute pleasure to watch, hence being up at 2.30am. A couple of things:

• What a lovable playing group.
  • I'll never hear that Tom Trbojevic is in Brett Stewart's shadow or hemisphere. Watch the video, you'll see.
  • When I say that this current group are flacid to watch, look at the difference between this DVD and the current performances. That's what I'm comparing here. Chalk and Cheese.
  • I miss the way footy used to be.

Anyways guys, I'd recommend the watch. Very inspiring and motivating. I promise you'll enjoy it (shame about the cutouts at the end, but yeah).

Honesty time:

What’s the point of the cross forum thread? There are virtually no Manly supporters posting on there.

It would be fun to shut it down, and not tell those Sub-tropical Parramatta (Brisbane) and occasional Warriors’ supporters that it no longer exists.

Admittedly the latter seem to have vacated the premises of late.

Last edited:
Honesty time:

What’s the point of the cross forum thread? There are virtually no Manly supporters posting on there.

It would be fun to shut it down, and not tell those Sub-tropical Parramatta (Brisbane) and occasional Warriors’ supporters that it no longer exists.

Admittedly the latter seem to have vacated the premises of late.
Agree, it's not my thing.

The below showed up on my YouTube suggestions guys tonight (it's a bit chopped at the end), but it's the actual DVD, and such an absolute pleasure to watch, hence being up at 2.30am. A couple of things:

• What a lovable playing group.
  • I'll never hear that Tom Trbojevic is in Brett Stewart's shadow or hemisphere. Watch the video, you'll see.
  • When I say that this current group are flacid to watch, look at the difference between this DVD and the current performances. That's what I'm comparing here. Chalk and Cheese.
  • I miss the way footy used to be.

Anyways guys, I'd recommend the watch. Very inspiring and motivating. I promise you'll enjoy it (shame about the cutouts at the end, but yeah).

Awesome watch - recommend everyone takes time out to view - Cheers Ryan !
Some Great memories there, the steel in the Attitude when the going got tough was a standout....the talent is undeniable and some Superstars at their Best....but the Winning Attitude really stands out !!

Honest opinion:
I think our club (note I said CLUB, not just TEAM) are in a far better position at the end of this year than we have been since the end of the Toovey era.
We have a decisive CEO, a decisive coach, and the best captain in the comp. We are soring out the juniors, we have played to two x sell out crowds at home this year, we have some good recruits coming in next year, our social media and communications team have been very good, we have minimal off season or off-field dramas.
The building blocks for success are far stronger than they have been since the days of board infighting, garden furniture, and rainbow gate.
YES - we need to improve on the field. But it takes TIME. I like the fact that our CLUB is getting its house in order - it sets us up for a period of success (or if nothing else, it removes most of the excuses!)
Onward and upwards for the Mighty Eagles in 2024!

I don't understand why the ACT government has banned wood heaters and greyhound racing yet are about to legalise drug use.
What else are the greyhounds going to do if they're not chasing fake rabbits anymore? I can see them kicking back in a dream like state, with coloured racing rugs blending onto one phantasmargoric vision of ........

As much of a clown as Penn is I'd somewhat agree with him that our roster is (or at least should be) in a premiership window. Obviously some holes in there but the main three players our roster is centered around are representative players either in their prime or coming to the end of their prime years. Turbo's constant injuries are a different problem in itself but at this point we don't really have a choice but to hope he has some luck. Add to that signing a 200+ gamer in Brooks approaching 30, and the young kids we've let go and the focus seems to be on winning now rather than building for the future.. let's hope we actually see it next year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8