The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't sound good for Foran if he has a bulging disc similar to Michael Clarke's. He will never recover from his torn heartlidge so could be a short career at Parra for the pea heart

Kieran Foran (Sea Eagles) – Hamstring. Was named on Tuesday but is an unlikely starter as he battles a hamstring strain relating to a bulging disc in his back. Sportal understands the injury is similar to the one that has plagued cricketer Michael Clarke throughout his career.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/ph...2v05k3tz9c6xrmu08no/2015-nrl-casualty-ward-42

I am sure as soon as he joins Parra he will be as fit as a fiddle.

Worked out the same for G Stewart and Choc where they seem to be fitter than any time in the last few for Manly.

I jumped on the bandwagon bagging him after his Canberra performance, but if it is really an injury hampering his performance then that's actually very sad.

Matai has been suffering with a bulging disc in his neck and thats what causes the burn in his shoulder :wasntme:
How does a major muscle in a thigh get affected by a disc in the spine? :wondering:

Hope Manly swaps him ASAP

The old chronic back problem. The go to ailment for all those who don't want to do what they're supposed to do. The guru BA will no doubt have a miracle cure.

Yes its interesting how in Europe soccer players need to pass a physical before they sign a contract. I think this should be the case here as well. Then we will really know if he has a fair dinkum injury ??

Matai has been suffering with a bulging disc in his neck and thats what causes the burn in his shoulder :wasntme:
How does a major muscle in a thigh get affected by a disc in the spine? :wondering:

It's all to do with your core, posture and compensation. One of the function of the muscles is to stabilise joints. If a muscle attached to the spine is weak on one side then the spine can be pulled to the other side (where the muscle is stronger). other muscles on the weakened side will step in to try and compensate for the weakness and maintain posture. Such stresses can lead to problems with both the spine and various different muscles being over-used to compensate. That's a pretty rough idea anyway.

It's all to do with your core, posture and compensation. One of the function of the muscles is to stabilise joints. If a muscle attached to the spine is weak on one side then the spine can be pulled to the other side (where the muscle is stronger). other muscles on the weakened side will step in to try and compensate for the weakness and maintain posture. Such stresses can lead to problems with both the spine and various different muscles being over-used to compensate. That's a pretty rough idea anyway.
Thanks Doc!

Unfortunately I have all those problems from years of playing rugby, oztag, touch and sprinting and never once doing any core exercises in my life until now.

I would say it's pinching on a nerve, should be no problem for Brad Arthur, he's also a neurosurgeon in his spare time.

I would say it's pinching on a nerve, should be no problem for Brad Arthur, he's also a neurosurgeon in his spare time.
Dalai heals with 'The Laying of the Hands' :p

What I've noticed is that a lot of players who had hammies, end up with ACL injury @:(

The knee bone is attached to the thigh bone...

Yes its interesting how in Europe soccer players need to pass a physical before they sign a contract. I think this should be the case here as well. Then we will really know if he has a fair dinkum injury ??
Our physical is:

Team doc: *does pinch test, notes player is appallingly overweight, nods to team reps*

CEO: Sign him up!

All depends if muscle weighs more than fat.

That's a very serious long term injury and something he will have to manage for the rest of his life.

I have had back injuries and they just take so long if ever to heal so to have a bulging disc with refered leg pain so young is not good news.

I actually have 2 in my lower back, whilst the pain is constant, you become accustomed to it. The reason why clarke is so hampered, is the fact that he consistently remains in a standing position, hunched over, from my personal experience standing still at any time and for prolonged periods is probably the worst situation to be in.

Dalai heals with 'The Laying of the Hands' :p

What I've noticed is that a lot of players who had hammies, end up with ACL injury @:(

The knee bone is attached to the thigh bone...

There's a very delicate balance through the structural core of the body... namely, neck, spine, pelvis, knees and ankles. They are all critically interlinked and affect each other. The hammy is connected to the lower pelvis at one end and the lower leg at the other. This is why a hammy problem can be associated with back or knee problems.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8