The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I personally cannot cheer for a bloke heading to another club the season after. What's the point?

Ryan i see your point but in the modern game (and with the lack of structure re a transfer window) I am not sure you are going to see anything different.

I would love to see some leadership from the NRL to resolve what is an ongoing issue for every fan

Ryan

Journey Man
If DCE leaves - Foran 1/2 back, Lyon 5/8, Gutherson 4
If BOTH leave - Littlejohn 1/2 back, Lyon 5/8, Gutherson 4

Ryan

Journey Man
Ryan i see your point but in the modern game (and with the lack of structure re a transfer window) I am not sure you are going to see anything different.

I would love to see some leadership from the NRL to resolve what is an ongoing issue for every fan

Then I just won't watch, and I'll be selling my season ticket to someone who wants to watch the mercenaries run around. I have 0 interest in them.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
You wonder why almost every other code in the world does not have the same issue.

Yes there is intense speculation over players however there are very few cases of players playing for a full season before joining another club (in the states they seem to run down to a free agency period rather than going to another club)

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE to Titans is an interesting one. He can't seriously think they are a premiership hope in the next 3 years ? Maybe the fact that he has already won a premiership has sucked a bit of desire from him and he is happy just to be the big fish in the little pond and go through the motions and take a big earn with little expectation. He'll get his fix of Origin and International footy to satisfy that craving to test himself against the best and prove his worth

I was pretty bouyant about our chances of retaining both of them a few weeks ago, but the longer this goes on the more I feel nervous we might end up with neither. Surely one of them has to blink soon.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I am looking at it from a positive point of view and that is 2V has said he is confident that we will keep both and they both have not signed with any team

Ange

Reserve Grader
Why is everyone convinced that both are going? It looks like to me that they are just checking out their options. I don't understand why DCE would even contemplate going to Sharks or Titans - doesn't he want to further his career not go backwards & no real guarantee that he will even get paid. Same with Foz - how could you further your career at the Eels? Anyway it could be just be woman's intuition but I think both will stay.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Why is everyone convinced that both are going? It looks like to me that they are just checking out their options. I don't understand why DCE would even contemplate going to Sharks or Titans - doesn't he want to further his career not go backwards & no real guarantee that he will even get paid. Same with Foz - how could you further your career at the Eels? Anyway it could be just be woman's intuition but I think both will stay.
That's the positive spirit . You tell em lovey !!! :)

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Will people stop throwing up Littlejohn as a long term anawer, he is a decent backup but not longterm

If Foran goes look to Seizer, if DCE goes look to Cornish

If both go........we'll we are @#$&ed

susan

Bencher
What is galling is the deal will be done via NRL allowances re third party deals etc.They let this club operate bankrupt in breach of its licence conditions and are now doing everything possible to keep the Gold Coast viable at our cost. About 2/3 of their roster is rolling off contract do be prepared for some more name signings in the name of keeping the Gold Cast alive as a league venue. This is where the AFL system is so much better.They do it by draft picks,The NRL have to do it by aiding and abetting a club to poach players from other clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12