The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I work with one of the Manly Sea Eagles cheerleaders - just saying :) Very tidy indeed. But not as beautiful as my sexy, darling wife of coarse !!
You are at ANZ right? Seem to recall you saying that - and I thought I was across all the glamours working in the Sydney area...

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
You get the vibe that at either the season launch or for round one these guys will lay it out. That seems to be where all this is heading.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
KIERAN Foran’s manager, Paul Sutton, says the Manly five-eighth doesn’t want to talk money with the numerous clubs chasing him until he decides whether or not he wants to stay at the Sea Eagles.

“Basically we haven’t spoken to any clubs about numbers bar Manly, so anything that’s been out there is speculation at the moment,” Sutton tells RLW.

“No-one’s made any formal offer, but that’s at the request of Kieran as well, until he knows what he wants to do. It’s not just about the money side of things, he wants to evaluate a few other things as well.”

The player market is dominated by speculation over the futures of Foran and his halves partner at the Sea Eagles – Daly Cherry-Evans. Manly could be lucky enough to re-sign both, or they could lose one or even lose both. It’s all up in the air at the moment.

Sutton says Foran’s preference, if he was happy with the arrangements, would be to stay at Manly, adding: “Unless it falls over, I guess, but we would cross that bridge if we came to it.”

Asked if it would bother Foran if he had to start this season with his future beyond 2015 still not decided, Sutton replies: “He’ll just go out there and play the best footy he can. If he could make a decision now, he would.”

Sutton says that while the decisions Foran and Cherry-Evans make will inevitably each impact on the other, Foran had to make his own call.

“I think Kieran’s just going to focus on what’s in front of him,” Sutton says.

“He can’t think about what ‘Cherry’ does. All league players are different, so how much Kieran and Cherry talk I don’t know, but at the end of the day players have to make their own decisions.”

Loobs

Interesting to see that the Warriors are now supposedly offering Taumalolo or whatever it is 1M per season. I assume that means they are out on Foz...

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I like his agent so much better than the Cherry one. This guy seems to be upfront whereas the other guy with his well placed leaks is making Cherry look like a greedy narcissist. Change agents Cherry!

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

The best thing about that article was the comments made by skivvy.

"Signing a new deal is always a great feeling, but signing on with the same club after all these years is something pretty special," Matai said. "There's been a lot of speculation of late, so to have my future sorted before the start of the season is great. It means my focus can simply go back to ensuring I'm fit and ready for action as soon as possible.

"The main priority was always my family – my partner Kate and my two little kids. Everything I do is for them. They start school soon, so not having to relocate definitely played a part in the decision, too. My goal is always to make them happy. If they're happy, then I'm happy and I've done my job. We've developed a proud winning culture here at the club, which has been established over many years, and I know we've got the players, talent and desire to be up there once again."

Skivvy is all class. He is a great influence on the club. Hopefully he is passing on that wisdon to the halves. :)

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
$5 million, that is crazy crazy stuff. Must make other players feel great hearing that

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
For that kind of money they can have him. He's an amazing player and I want him to stay but I don't think a million a year is sensible, let alone 1.2 million.
Besides, he's too smart to go to the Eels.

Loobs

Considering no one else has actually made an offer I'd me more likely to believe that figure is bull****. Everyone knows they'll need space when Hayne is cut and released and wants to come home and earn decent money again.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Yes Loobs. More "make it up as you go" journalism. His manager is already quoted (no quotes in this yarn) as saying he won't talk figures elsewhere until he decides his future at Manly.
Unless he's decided to go then this appears like more rubbish.
He's also stated himself that money won't be his deciding factor instead where his football will benefit and if he thinks that is Parramatta then he's clearly taken too many high shots.
Also, how desperate is Neil Henry? Pleading through the media for DCE not to rule out the Titans because of the drugs saga.
He must be on something himself if he thinks one of the game's best players will flush his career by making a move to this rabble!
Compared to the clubs chasing these two I think Manly look like paradise regardless of anything we are led to believe is happening behind closed doors.

Loobs

Yes Loobs. More "make it up as you go" journalism. His manager is already quoted (no quotes in this yarn) as saying he won't talk figures elsewhere until he decides his future at Manly.
Unless he's decided to go then this appears like more rubbish.
He's also stated himself that money won't be his deciding factor instead where his football will benefit and if he thinks that is Parramatta then he's clearly taken too many high shots.
Also, how desperate is Neil Henry? Pleading through the media for DCE not to rule out the Titans because of the drugs saga.
He must be on something himself if he thinks one of the game's best players will flush his career by making a move to this rabble!
Compared to the clubs chasing these two I think Manly look like paradise regardless of anything we are led to believe is happening behind closed doors.
Lump it in with "Taumalolo for a million a year"

We are not far away from young players jumping from 50k to a million after one good year*

*according to the media

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Another day, another million dollars !

All I can say is the player managers must be getting desperate to get a deal done, I mean throwing airy fairy figures around like that.

I bet JT feels screwed, probably the top 1/2 in the game on less than half of that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12