The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just watched the Canberra game now, and honestly, for 65 minutes he was dreadful. Basically walked around, hands on hips. The commentators were tearing him a new one, and DCE said the halves pairing form has been poor.

Give us a reason to compliment him, and people will. Poop sandwiches are poop sandwhiches mate.
Yeah with two eyes on Foran and not checking out others.

We can't blame everything on him BUT his attitude is affecting the others.

Brett Stewart was affected last week as well, wether this is a " **** it they aren't trying so why should I " type scenario, or the more sinister " let's make sure we lose 10 games in a row and guarantee 2V's sacking, I don't know.

But very few can hold their heads up high after last week, the Turbo kids, Ballin tried all day, and Willie also, the rest were pretty ordinary.

As I have said on another thread I don't expect a win this week but if we are in the game, having a go and get done by 8-10 that would be like a mini win!!

Time will tell.

I predict that this blog will end after round 13 when after months of fruitless attempts to persuade him otherwise he will be a whinging worm and we will sell this blog to oneeyedworm forum will keep it alive for the next four years

This has been an issue for years due to a lack of simple power play straight options that take pressure off the halves and backline to create all the time.
Easier for defences to get numbers to the edges/backline areas when the middle is not really a threat or not really taking seriously runners off their inside shoulders.

If you don't fear a straight simple flat power play option like Souths and the Roosters for example it puts way too much pressure on the halves to create something----offering mainly the pet backline second man plays in the hope we establish an overlap without really condensing the defence line up the middle beforehand.

It's one area Manly have always struggled with just more noticeable now with injuries and a lack of dangerous forwards to take seriously in the red zone, add the drop in effort and enthusiasm as a whole and you will struggle to put on points.
Thanks TC. I get it now! @:)

Yes, but saying it's ok for our chief play maker to be lazy, uncommitted, not plugged in because others are playing like that also isn't fair, and surely not a valid reason as an excuse.
Not saying that, but it is also not fair to single out one person.

There will be games Manly win this year and people will just automatically say "see what a little extra effort does" in relation to Foran but I can tell you it will have to be a team effort to make a difference.

Not saying that, but it is also not fair to single out one person.

There will be games Manly win this year and people will just automatically say "see what a little extra effort does" in relation to Foran but I can tell you it will have to be a team effort to make a difference.

Couldn't agree more mate. Did you see my post in the who should we buy thread about the forwards etc? What were your thought's on that mate?

Couldn't agree more mate. Did you see my post in the who should we buy thread about the forwards etc? What were your thought's on that mate?
I'm more about looking at specific body types that suit a style of play I am after and less prone to injury along with the character make up of a player that has good running and tackling technique and decent aggression/explosion levels than just looking at big names and slotting them into positions or youth just for the sake of youth.

I would love to analyse players in a full time sense but these days I don't have the time and barely know players outside Manly's first grade. I know what works and what doesn't and I know good structures from poor structures when I see them.

I'm going to be watching this guy like a hawk tonight. Another gutless performance and it should be curtains for him.

Well if the younger forwards develop throughout the season and can add a little more grunt off the back of some aggression and strong runs from Mason(and he has been trying that is for sure) the enthusiasm levels may pick up as a whole.

In "some instances" it is not a case of lacking effort just not a good enough forward to start with. If you put the average Joe Blow in the boxing ring against Mike Tyson in his prime you might have the required effort and enthusiasm up until that very first punch you absorb---you then realise you are out of your league or depth.

What looks like a lack of effort from that point on really is a lack of self belief and just not as good as your opponent----in saying that right now we are mainly just flat lacking any enthusiasm and uptempo aggressive intensity at all.(Remember we have let go many of our aggressive older forwards to compound this problem and replaced with different types of players that offer other advantages)

And what 'other advantages' do these different types of forwards offer then? Obviously with Feleti you get a handy(but just as many stupid) offloads and ball playing...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Parra paid $1.4m for Foran right??

Per season yeah??

FMD their forum will be lolworthy over the next few years...

Foran should be made to wear that horrible wolverine jersey every game he plays for us from now on. Get used to the crap slime colours but also he should not be able to disgrace and wear the maroon and white again.

I'm more about looking at specific body types that suit a style of play I am after and less prone to injury along with the character make up of a player that has good running and tackling technique and decent aggression/explosion levels than just looking at big names and slotting them into positions or youth just for the sake of youth.

I would love to analyse players in a full time sense but these days I don't have the time and barely know players outside Manly's first grade. I know what works and what doesn't and I know good structures from poor structures when I see them.
I'm no expert TC but I'm guessing that you rate Jake Trbojevic as the type of forward that Manly needs more of. His front-on defence looks superb and his commitment in both attack and defence looks to be what the team's crying out for on the forward front.

R14 - KF and DCE to reggies... if penrith had the guts to do it to Jennings why should we help them play at NRL level ... look to future.. 2015 is gone .. at best we'll scrape into the 8 no point prolonging their time here... shatter their confidence i say and knock em off their high horse...

And what 'other advantages' do these different types of forwards offer then? Obviously with Feleti you get a handy(but just as many stupid) offloads and ball playing...
"Other advantages" does not mean in an overall sense these advantages have made up for our losses in other areas/elements of our game---- just means with the right team make up their advantages can make a difference.

Take Buhrer for example, eats up more yards than G.Stewart(not so much this year coming back from injury looking underdone and behind a weak forward pack),----rare for G.Stewart to hit the 100 mark in the past with Manly----can run holes and racks up similar tackle counts. Offers more in a covering tackle sense but lacks the ball and all in your face aggression of G.Stewart and not as good a ballplayer.

In simple terms Manly have replaced aggressive, battle hardened ageing tough seasoned players with softer skilled more versatile players with a lack of explosive grunt in all elements of their game.(Even in the past we lacked explosive grunt but retained enough aggression now we lack both)

Once we get the right mix with our pack in terms of improving size straightness explosiveness and aggression levels then we will see the advantages of some of these other players---until then they will be adding to the problem not solving it.

I'm no expert TC but I'm guessing that you rate Jake Trbojevic as the type of forward that Manly needs more of. His front-on defence looks superb and his commitment in both attack and defence looks to be what the team's crying out for on the forward front.
Sometimes his forward runs lack impact---trundling towards the line flat footed other times it is not that bad---still young----hard to roll forward behind a pack that is lacking overall. Do like some of his front on defence and even around the legs but I want him to develop more leg strength explosiveness and power.

Other times over-does the second man ball playing----reminds me of Brent Kite in that respect.

I was a fan of Brent Kites ball and all defence and leadership but never a fan of his go forward.

I thought his knee lift along with King was not the greatest advertisement to the game---not dirty tactics just a poor habit of bracing themselves before impact but illegal in every sense of the word. It actually ruined his career in my eyes as it affected his running style and go forward impact when it was made aware to him. Players should be leaning their upper body down and forward to brace themselves for impact not raise the knee---takes more courage also.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8