The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can totally understand that Warriors fans would feel let down, the Warriors did step in and give Foran a place to get his head right. He said he did not want to leave the Warriors as he liked it there and appreciated what they have done for him.

Yup.

I don't know if he ever said he wanted to be at the warriors long term. If he did...then it's a dick move.

But as you say, you can certainly understand a dad wanting to be closer to his kids, so as much as I kinda sorta like sticking the boot into him (not that he gives a rats what I type) I'm not surprised nor hold it against him for heading back to Sydney.

However...if he doesn't return to form....that'd be awesome! lol

edit: It's a lot easier for me to boo him when he plays for the dogs...rather than the warriors! boo!

To be fair I think he was clear to the Warriors from the start that it was likely he would return to Sydney in 2018.

While I'll have a good laugh about him here on this thread, in reality I just hope he is able to keep his life together and be a good father to his kids.

It is now confirmed that he is a dog. Well most of us have known that for some time. The dogs have never hidden their intent to get him to flea bag country. Four clubs in three years. Wonder if he has a get out clause the dogs eventually ditch Des?

Time to rule a line under this guy. You are a dog now and you reap what you sow!!

If he had no intention of staying with Warriors then why go there in the first place? Simple reason with this bloke is cash. He has zero loyalty just ask Brad Arthur. The bloke is all about money and thats where it begins and ends with him, yet he portrays this i'm doing what is best for my family garbage. He is a selfish spoilt little rich kid who doesn't give 2 ****s about his family because if he did he would never have left sydney in the first place. bloke is a grub that gets let off by the media, can't stand him and honestly I never really could.

I can totally understand that Warriors fans would feel let down, the Warriors did step in and give Foran a place to get his head right. He said he did not want to leave the Warriors as he liked it there and appreciated what they have done for him.

However that goodwill does not mean that Foran should feel forced to stay there in the long term, considering he is in a completely separate country to his children.

The way I see it is he needed some time away, and that goal has been achieved but now it is time to be closer to his family and with his Father/Son relationship with Hasler, the Bulldogs are a decent compromise. Somewhere where he can no doubt continue to enjoy his footy, stay in a good place mentally and be near his kids.

Hopefully the Warriors fans see the sense in this and give him their full support for the remainder of the season because I am sure Foran will be giving it his all for the Warriors this season.

As a Dogs fan I am pretty happy today, albeit a little worried. Hopefully this is where the drama in Forans life ends. It might be a lot to hope for but I am hoping all the same.

Wow you guys really are the new Roosters. How Manly ever gets mentioned as a club that buys premierships is beyond me. You guys brought our coaching set up and now our ex players not to mention every other player on the market and still nothing. You actually sacked your Bulldog's family in Kevin Moore and Josh Reynolds to do it. What a waste of money. Family Club pfft

Wow you guys really are the new Roosters. How Manly ever gets mentioned as a club that buys premierships is beyond me. You guys brought our coaching set up and now our ex players not to mention every other player on the market and still nothing. You actually sacked your Bulldog's family in Kevin Moore and Josh Reynolds to do it. What a waste of money. Family Club pfft

I wouldn't say we are on the same level as the Roosters for attempting to buy a premiership, they have a history of buying up other clubs marquee players where as this is a pretty rare thing for the Bulldogs.

Not sure how Manly would get mentioned in that vein, I wouldn't personally say that, at least not in recent times. If anything Manly have lost more than they have gained personnel wise lately.

We got close in 2012 and missed our opportunity. We have been on a steady decline ever since that year and something had to give. Reynolds is pure Bulldog spirit, but we need a change. It is sad to see him go but it was clear we have no chance of winning anything with our current spine. Foran is a massive upgrade on Reynolds, and it seems like we are getting Foran for less than what Reynolds wanted from us. So I don't think we have wasted money on this, if anything we have saved money and improved.

Mbye can now be the running half we all know he is.

Foran is a volatile character, but sometimes you have to take a punt.

Warriors boss Jim Doyle raises concern about Kieran Foran’s return to Sydney

WARRIORS boss Jim Doyle is anxious that departing star Kieran Foran gets plenty of support around him when he returns to Sydney for the next NRL season.

Doyle hinted there is concern the 26-year-old is leaving Auckland prematurely to the city where off-field problems plagued his life before signing a one-year deal with the Warriors.

Foran announced on Tuesday he will finish with the Warriors this season and has finalised a three-year deal at Canterbury.

Doyle, who has forged a close relationship with Foran, revealed the player’s wider family were keen for him to stay in New Zealand, where he has enjoyed a settled lifestyle.

Any chance of that happening ended last week while Foran was in camp with the Kiwis in Sydney.

He met his ex-partner, along with their respective lawyers, and proposed remaining with the Warriors after spending the coming off-season in Sydney to be with his two children.

He would then continue to see his children every couple of weeks when the Warriors crossed the Tasman next year.

“Recently it was more and more about that he wanted to stay and he tried to make that happen,” Doyle told Radio Sport.

“But it’s not to be and therefore he has to go back.”

Foran left Sydney following a tumultuous 10 months which included a broken relationship, a probe into his links with a gambling identity and a drugs overdose.

Doyle says despite progress in Foran’s personal rehabilitation this year, he feels uneasy about his return to the inevitable spotlight of Sydney.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...y/news-story/ec4a8abf345c435d11869285a58a3290

I can totally understand that Warriors
I wouldn't say we are on the same level as the Roosters for attempting to buy a premiership, they have a history of buying up other clubs marquee players where as this is a pretty rare thing for the Bulldogs.

Not sure how Manly would get mentioned in that vein, I wouldn't personally say that, at least not in recent times. If anything Manly have lost more than they have gained personnel wise lately.

We got close in 2012 and missed our opportunity. We have been on a steady decline ever since that year and something had to give. Reynolds is pure Bulldog spirit, but we need a change. It is sad to see him go but it was clear we have no chance of winning anything with our current spine. Foran is a massive upgrade on Reynolds, and it seems like we are getting Foran for less than what Reynolds wanted from us. So I don't think we have wasted money on this, if anything we have saved money and improved.

Get back in your kennel and f@#$ off!!

Well he sure likes a punt , just ask Eddie Hayson ( who will no doubt now be behind the scenes at your club).

I can't stand the little prick any more, four clubs, four years says it all.

We had the best of his years, personally I don't think his body is as good as it was , so I'd be surprised if he was injury free even for the rest of this year.

But good luck, and who knows it might work.

Warriors boss Jim Doyle raises concern about Kieran Foran’s return to Sydney

WARRIORS boss Jim Doyle is anxious that departing star Kieran Foran gets plenty of support around him when he returns to Sydney for the next NRL season.

Doyle hinted there is concern the 26-year-old is leaving Auckland prematurely to the city where off-field problems plagued his life before signing a one-year deal with the Warriors.

Foran announced on Tuesday he will finish with the Warriors this season and has finalised a three-year deal at Canterbury.

Doyle, who has forged a close relationship with Foran, revealed the player’s wider family were keen for him to stay in New Zealand, where he has enjoyed a settled lifestyle.

Any chance of that happening ended last week while Foran was in camp with the Kiwis in Sydney.

He met his ex-partner, along with their respective lawyers, and proposed remaining with the Warriors after spending the coming off-season in Sydney to be with his two children.

He would then continue to see his children every couple of weeks when the Warriors crossed the Tasman next year.

“Recently it was more and more about that he wanted to stay and he tried to make that happen,” Doyle told Radio Sport.

“But it’s not to be and therefore he has to go back.”

Foran left Sydney following a tumultuous 10 months which included a broken relationship, a probe into his links with a gambling identity and a drugs overdose.

Doyle says despite progress in Foran’s personal rehabilitation this year, he feels uneasy about his return to the inevitable spotlight of Sydney.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...y/news-story/ec4a8abf345c435d11869285a58a3290

After reading that story I rest my case your honour!

Dogs won't make the 8 next year and will struggle to find a way out of the bottom 4. Have 1 established player (yet highly injury prone and mentally weak) in the spine while the others are makeshift in that position. Forwards aren't the same and are overrated. And the backline couldn't run around Cartwright it's that slow and average.

Hey mate, thanks for taking the time to post here.

I admit, when Foz left us under the circumstance at the time, I was filthy. Mainly because he's such a damned good player & competitor. You absolutely got a wonderful player, who can control (especially the left) the play and team.

One thing about The modern Dogs, is your forwards all have the ability to play the ball, rather than run the ball, and sometimes, I think that's a detriment to your overall structure. Foz will help straighten that attack & make it much more direct - and I honestly think he'll be a key force behind a push to a GF at some point.

In my heart of hearts, I had a small hope we'd get him back here (warts and all). In my old age, I've kind of learn't that nobody is perfect, and everyone is prone to mistakes. If you get a Foz with his head screwed on, you have a top 3-4 five eight in the world in my opinion.

The way I see it is he needed some time away, and that goal has been achieved but now it is time to be closer to his family and with his Father/Son relationship with Hasler, the Bulldogs are an indecent compromise.

Fixed that for you. @:)
But seriously, while I'm one of the few Manly fans who actually wish Foran well, I'd be more than a little worried if he was coming to my club. The whole changing his mind thing before he made it offical is scarily reminiscent of the way he handled his switch to the Eels and it just seems like he's incapable of making a decision. Either that or he can't stop telling people exactly what they want to hear.
He's still a tough, gritty player on the field, but his hammies are always one tweak away from months on the sidelines and the rest of his body ain't much better. He's bulkier than he's ever been but I'm guessing he's also more fragile.
But the biggest problem is the drama that's going to come with him, whether he wants it to or not.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8