The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If Kelly goes, Des & co must have a player in their sights, you wouldn’t weaken your team for the sake of goodwill. I doubt it’s Foran, we’re a few years off a title and Foz won’t be around for that tilt. Be very nice if it was Josh Jackson however.

Josh Jackson would be a great get. I always thought he would be a good fit for Manly...

I like Kelly but if he indeed has requested a release, I can't see Des not having a suitable replacement in mind.
Might be the reason funa and hopoate are in the top 29.
Funa or suli should get the gig, but wouldn't be surprised to see Tommy T shift to centre and young Hoppa to FB.
Also I can't shake the thought that Des is already speaking to Will Hopoate.

I'm sorry, but this is another Blake Green move. Absolutely ridiculous. Who"s his replacement?

* Brad Parker? (Still needs development)
* Moses Suli? (Terrible in every way)
* Tevita Funa? (No standout in Reggie's)

I just find this move literally dumb. There is not one player besides Walker who's a better centre. Then consider Slow-Mo-Taufua is going to be outside whoever gets the nod, and think of our lack of try scoring on the wing as well.

And what's this, "he got embroiled in the coaching issues". Dumbest thing I have ever heard .

This really pissed me right off. Hope we aren't pinning our hopes on those no names Elliott and Garrick? **** me. I hope Des has a Will Hopoate up his sleeve after this, because this is his first Trent Barrett like mistake.

Didn't take long for you to turn on him. I think Des has a fair idea on what he is doing.

Didn't take long for you to turn on him. I think Des has a fair idea on what he is doing.
I haven't turned on him. I just don't like releasing players, when the alternatives are Suli / Parker, or a rookie who will rely on Suli / Parker outside of them.

This is what happened with The Blake Green situation. See how that panned out for us?

Also, did you see both Suli / Parker last year? They became spot defenders. They were targetted. Even under the high ball. Teams ran right around us. We couldn't score long range, or in fact ANY tries out wide .

Like I say, I hope Des has a sound replacement. The one thing I hold hope for, is that I thought Ramien was just okay when here, but went onto amazing things at The Sharks, so maybe Funa can do that, but again, is his winger going to be a Parker / Taufua / Suli type? If so, I expect them to be targetted again.

Kelly was one bright spot in our team in Barrett's tenure.

This is about player management. Not, "turning on Des". **** me, have you not seen how over the moon I've been with the appointment of all the admin staff? It's like you've cherry picked one comment out of 1,975,688,754,786 and claimed it was turning on someone.

Suli is still a young bloke ,hopefully turning his life around for the better (He is looking fit ).Lets see what his first full year of proper "MANLY" training and conditioning can do for him.Still very mouldable ,lets see what Des can do with him !!

He had agreed to a contract extension but then did not sign it?

Clearly he did not want to be here so the club made an easy decision to let him go and hopefully free up some cap space. Also what is the point of keeping a developing player for another year if he is going to leave? We do not want to be the club where he learns from his mistakes

Good luck to Brian. He obviously doesn't want to be part of the Sea Eagles. He's dead to me. :)

In my opinion I can't see them throwing in Hoppa without first playing against men. Even after then, he will start on the wing before becoming a FB. Might see him after an injury in 2019 but that's about it in my opinion.

Des is a fan of safety in the backline. Percentage plays.
He prefers smash the opposition with a power forward pack and then capitalise afterwards with smooth flowing footy.

For that reason I can see him completely changing our backline over the next 3yrs.

That said, 2019 will be something like:

Turbo
Tafua/Garrick
Elliot
Walker
Suli
Don't discount the best Hoppa prospect young Albert at fullback and Turbo in the centres with the speedy Walker . More speed and strike power than last season with that Trio

We need to call an emergency meeting of the PPC, to find out why these young blokes that Mark keeps backing hard.....leave. First Blake Leary...now Brian!

(I was with you on both @Mark from Brisbane ...but we need a fall guy)

PPC - Rock solid!!

That’s it , I’m not endorsing a young player again !!

PS: wonder how that young Hoppa will go......lol

I cant believe how some people carry on about "blaming coaches and admin " when a player is released t join another club... Look its simple if a player wants a release then their mind and heart is not in OUR TEAM.... its not about the club, the fans, the coach , the team mates etc, its about NOT having their head and heart in the TEAM, Rugby League is a team sport so any sensible coach or CEO would have a talk to the player and after that discussion if the player didn't come across as wanting to buy into the direction the team wants to go then you have to let them go!, Actually would be pretty stupid to force them to stay as this will only cause team disharmony and then that 1 player has a ripple effect across the playing group.
As soon as he drops a few balls, misses a few tackles, turns up late to training etc then others in the team will be questioning their desire to play along side him.

SO NO BRAINER, your either 110% IN and committed or ###K off.. why would anyone want that sort of player in our team. Funny people carry on about Blake Green and how manly screwed up letting him go blah blah,, Fact is he didn't want to stay, he didn't turn up for training, he made multiple requests to leave and in the end he wasn't even talking to the coach or CEO in a bid to force the issue, So he has to go.. simple, and he goes has a good year at the Warriors and all the fools out there carry on, but they don't think that he has a good year because hes HAPPY, hes where he wants to be and putting in 110%, if he is forced to stay he puts in 80% if that and lets the TEAM down but he doesn't care, he clears his conscience by saying to himself 'Oh well they forced me to stay. so they get what I dish up"

We are Manly, we more than anything thrive on US against them mentality, and it all starts with a TEAM that is 110% committed to each other as 1 TEAM.... in short no one is bigger than the team so if your not happy, if your not willing to put your body on the line and bleed for your mate beside you then F##K off, Im sure Des will kindly open the door and slam it behind you!

Go Manly

I hope this mean Turbo to Centre.
Maybe Will to FB?

TBH, if Will does return to Manly (and I can't see it happening for 2019 at least) I'd rather see him in the centres and Tom remain at fullback. As an attacking player at least I think Tom has a much better fullback game than Hopoate, a better running game and I think Hopoate's skills would serve us better in the centres.

So we released Kelly big deal he is a good young player but he is hardly Fulton,Snoz,Lyon or Matai that we are releasing. He showed his heart isn't at the club by agreeing and than not signing an extension. So back to the Titans for young Brian I feel bad for him destroying his promising career.

The question of age when a player enters first grade depends greatly on the physical characteristics and experience of the player. Fulton was 18 when he entered first grade after a year of firsts for ane Illawarra competition side. So was Watmough. Eadie was 17. Yet some other players mature in their early 20s. If Albert Hopoate is big and muscular like other members of his family were when they started, then he is ready for first grade. Especially in the backs where the damage to the body can be lessened, players can start quite young. The bits I've seen of Albert have been against juniors. But then he looks like an adult player playing against juniors in the excerpts I've seen. Certainly it would be wise as they did with William and start him on the wing. But I think he'll be in the side by mid season. As for Suli, he is also a kid who started at 18. A good fitness regime and running coach and he'll do well on the wing, possibly centre. And then there's Funa. We've got some top talent coming through.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8