The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With all these signings, it's definately YART time. 3, 2, 1......GO!
You asked for it, so don't hate me !! Haha

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

I get there's no utility, but with Schuster at 13, it means he could slot into the halves. Also, Ben could slot into the centres. Garrick to fullback. Brooks to Hooker.

This means we could rotate the forwards, and demand explosive, upbeat hard tempo.

That's a great team.

I think he's been hamstrung by the Tigers poor recruitment. They haven't put the right players around him. He's never played second fiddle to a guy of Daly's calibre. I also think with the cap increase, 650k is pretty good for an established half with over 200 FG games. Not many halves in the NRL (both 6 or 7) would be on much less; it's not the kinda position you're gonna fill for 350k. Maybe a rookie in their first year but they'll quickly get upgraded if they're successful. It's the kind of position that takes up a decent % of the cap at every club.

Anyway, I respect your opinion on the matter.
Agree re the tigers

I am old enough to remember when Bozo bought Craig Field and it just feels similar - again I am both a poor judge of the game and very hopeful i am wrong!

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

I get there's no utility, but with Schuster at 13, it means he could slot into the halves. Also, Ben could slot into the centres. Garrick to fullback. Brooks to Hooker.

This means we could rotate the forwards, and demand explosive, upbeat hard tempo.

That's a great team.
We need another forward or two and then this team could be great

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

That's a great team.
Close but no cigar @Ryan IMHO

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Tommy Talau
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Aloiai

18. Ben Trbojevic

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Tommy Talau
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Aloiai

18. Ben Trbojevic

Some good options mate. Don't think Garrick will last as a centre ? Croker would be a good utility that's for sure, too

I love a half that runs slicing and direct lines, and it's something we've missed. Great signing.

Schuster will make an A++ Lock, too.
Agree 100% mate, Schuster has a lot of work to bring his defence up to the standard required for the 13 but if he's up to it his ball skills will make him a super weapon

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Tommy Talau
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Aloiai

18. Ben Trbojevic
I think I'd have Sips over JA any day. Have to wait and see what Talau can do and I'm still hoping that Samuela shakes off this whole gotta play wiv the bruvvers thing and stays coz I'm still not sold on Tuilagi. But apart from that ......

Agree 100% mate, Schuster has a lot of work to bring his defence up to the standard required for the 13 but if he's up to it his ball skills will make him a super weapon
It's funny Ron but I watched the replay of the game yesterday and he does put in when it comes to defence. Having said that, the miss on Gigantor was pretty bloody ordinary. Not sure his other misses was just fatigue. Either way though, he does need to shake off the growing reputation that his defence is a problem, that's for sure.

But 98% of posts on this site demand immediate results - so those mouth breathers can look on this huge pivot and say in their prehensile brain "we may get result"...."we demand instant gratification"...."we realise we are numb nuts that know nothing"..................."we need to take time to rebuild team"
Lol
When teaching little kids in my class how to write sentences, sometimes I become Cave Lady. Cave Lady reads their sentences, "Boy got ball." When they fix the sentences Cave Lady goes away.
Trying to raise them not to be numbnuts that know nothing.
Although Manly supporters get 'A's despite their dodgy sentences.@:D

Let’s be honest, the club have been VERY patient with Schuster.

I like him, he seems like a decent guy & is obviously very talented but it is strange that it’s taking him so long to get match fit & when you look at his history of weight issues, in hindsight it does appear that he’s guilty of being lazy & undisciplined in regards to his diet & training.

Perhaps what Kristie Fulton said (about it always being someone else’s fault & never his) is closer to the truth than any of us have wanted to admit & the club have had enough of pussyfooting around with him.
Yes it seems the club has told him where they expect him to play rather than his manager dictating terms, the fact that he's really not produced the promised goods certainly puts the club in a position of strength, kudos to Mestrov, it's not a healthy thing for any player to be dictating to the club, should never have been accepted in the first place

Yes it seems the club has told him where they expect him to play rather than his manager dictating terms, the fact that he's really not produced the promised goods certainly puts the club in a position of strength, kudos to Mestrov, it's not a healthy thing for any player to be dictating to the club, should never have been accepted in the first place
I think it speaks volumes about the state of our club, where the agent can voice these sort of sentiments. Has he echoed similar sentiments with his clients that are with other clubs? I seem to recall not.

Lol
When teaching little kids in my class how to write sentences, sometimes I become Cave Lady. Cave Lady reads their sentences, "Boy got ball." When they fix the sentences Cave Lady goes away.
Trying to raise them not to be numbnuts that know nothing.
Although Manly supporters get 'A's despite their dodgy sentences.@:D
Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

I think it speaks volumes about the state of our club, where the agent can voice these sort of sentiments. Has he echoed similar sentiments with his clients that are with other clubs? I seem to recall not.
I get the feeling that Mestrov has put player agents on notice that players are signed to play football, the club as the employer decides where or at least that's my reading of current happenings

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10