The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just wonder how Tippytoes might go on an edge , debuted and filled in there against the Eels in 21 for a while even if it was not originally planed . Strong runner of the footy and can certainly bust tackles , probably could be a fairly solid defender too with his power factor . then there is often the suggestion that Parker could make ago of it there [ on an edge ] . Tuilagi from the bench could make an impact [ or a bit of one ] then Shu possibly to 13 . Haumole as the mainstay edge . Anyway just a thought , surely Stucky must be getting some attention also and then who knows with Sam Fainu , good kid and be real good to retain

Good team ,I would lose Tuilagi ,replace him with Bullemor.Bring GCKT into reserves ,working tandem with Croker.And in a dream world get rid of Aloe Vera and buy a hard running ,physcopath forward.
Good to go ....
Peeeeerfect. Annnnd that team competes for a prem..seriously. it's actually that close now.

Just wonder how Tippytoes might go on an edge , debuted and filled in there against the Eels in 21 for a while even if it was not originally planed . Strong runner of the footy and can certainly bust tackles , probably could be a fairly solid defender too with his power factor . then there is often the suggestion that Parker could make ago of it there [ on an edge ] . Tuilagi from the bench could make an impact [ or a bit of one ] then Shu possibly to 13 . Haumole as the mainstay edge . Anyway just a thought , surely Stucky must be getting some attention also and then who knows with Sam Fainu , good kid and be real good to retain

I keep worrying about a recent article I read where the club want Parker to be a backrower, when he already gets busted up as a centre !

What are your thoughts on that? Are we setting him up for failure in a move to the backrow?

I keep worrying about a recent article I read where the club want Parker to be a backrower, when he already gets busted up as a centre !

What are your thoughts on that? Are we setting him up for failure in a move to the backrow?
I reckon he'd give it a red hot go but it could be a short career.

I have been a big supporter of this thinking for future Brad. yes definitely a concern re injury exposure.....but only one way to find out.

Probably going back about 5 or 6 years now when Brad was on the bench against the Panthers with the intention of giving him a run in the backrow apparently , Did not eventuate but could see the reasoning then . Mentioned some time ago that even though he still gets the occasional or attempted high shot , gives the indication for some time now of improving his running style and going into heavy defence . Really can not see a reason why he could not transition there just in basic footy requirements . Reliable and solid defender and good positional player , definitely capable of busting a first up tackle , really good competitor and work ethic . More i think about it , every chance that he could probably make a real good go of it there . or off the bench as a utility the other option with the way the future side is shaping up now . also excellent clubman and local junior , would be a real shame to have him move on

I reckon he'd give it a red hot go but it could be a short career.

Maybe Talau has now been bought in for that backrow position , with Parker staying in the centres. I would HATE to lose a local junior who is a consistent, solid player who's best and worst isn't far apart. But I DO think this is our backline next season
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

I have been a big supporter of this thinking for future Brad. yes definitely a concern re injury exposure.....but only one way to find out.
His future is definitely not in the centres. But great clubman and terrific ambassador. i would be looking to keep him here as long as possible. Might just work in that 2nd row slot!!
Maybe Talau has now been bought in for that backrow position , with Parker staying in the centres. I would HATE to lose a local junior who is a consistent, solid player who's best and worst isn't far apart. But I DO think this is our backline next season
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
Top 4 backline.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
You're right, we all talk about getting the Manly DNA back into this team so it would be a retro step if someone like Parks moved on. Ths acquisitions would suggest his days in the centres are numbered, so a move to the back row looks his best option. He runs those great lines in the backs so I reckon he'd do a good job ........ if he survives.

Just wonder how Tippytoes might go on an edge , debuted and filled in there against the Eels in 21 for a while even if it was not originally planed . Strong runner of the footy and can certainly bust tackles , probably could be a fairly solid defender too with his power factor .
I called for this the other day. I can see it working.

Yeah it's not like Latu Fainu has any potential at all. FMD this cannot be for real.
I’ve been crook the last three days and haven’t even looked at the computer. So I just found out. There are no words (well there is, but I’d probably get banned). I just can not believe the club are so dumb. It defies logic. Luke fkn Brooks!:swear:
Oh, fk it. I’m going back to bed.

:sick::sick::sick:

Must have been quite a bit of discussion and calculations going on behind the scenes at Manly looking at short and long term considerations and options . Shu not really measuring up as a reliable or consistent 6 with the option of always reverting back to an edge or maybe 13 . Latu showing some good signs recently at a higher level but not ready for a while to step up to i st grade , some thought on a post D C E situation . So Brooks to very hopefully offer some resolution to the whole conundrum . Don 't mind a free running type 6 in the Keary mould and Brooks does have some toe and not that i have seen that much of him in his career but no doubt some good all round footy smarts as well . Defence , well don't think that that is one of his real strong points , so will have to get that in order to offer the best value but seems a sturdy enough individual to tick that box . Not ideal with the investment already in Latu but tough business trying to get the right balance and of course unlikely he will be that interested in staying However will have to find a suitor first . Not much mention of Samual 's future situation with Manly , sure that the club would like to retain him but probably other factors at play now . Talau and Paulo, well looks like not that much confidence in Tui , Garrick more as a centre , back up one , great news extending Koula so not sure where Talau fits into the scene then . Like the look of Faulalo and Fetcher - Myers looked promising but again club is thinking in another direction now . No new forwards at this stage , still have to have a good standard 13 , looks like Jake to lead the already available pack line up , with hopefully including Bully , Quite a major change in overall direction, a gamble of sorts but something had to happen to at least try to get some improved results
Hey mate, I've been reading these forums for a while and find your posts very interesting. But sometimes I scroll past ones like this because reading a huge block of words without any paragraphs can feel laborious. Which is a shame, considering the quality of the content you provide.

IMO based on what we have now for 2024 , my line up would be something similar to this
im no expert but you get the jist of it.

1) Turbo
2) Saab
3) Koula
4) Garrick
5) Paulo
6) Brooks
7) DCE
8) Paseka
9) Crocker
10) Jake Trbojevic
11) Olakau'atu
12) Bullemore
13) Schuster

14) Lawton/ GCKT
15) Tuilagi
16) Keppie
17) Aloai

I am not a fan of our owners or current coaches, but doesnt mean i dont support the team, and happy to eat humble pie but on paper it doesn't actually look too bad..I really hope they go well and prove me wrong.

IMO based on what we have now for 2024 , my line up would be something similar to this

1) Turbo
2) Saab
3) Koula
4) Garrick
5) Paulo
6) Brooks
7) DCE
8) Paseka
9) Crocker
10) Jake Trbojevic
11) Olakau'atu
12) Bullemore
13) Schuster

14) Lawton/ GCKT
15) Tuilagi
16) Keppie
17) Aloai

I am not a fan of our owners or current coaches, but doesnt mean i dont support the team, and happy to eat humble pie but on paper it doesn't actually look too bad..I really hope they go well and prove me wrong.
The one missing piece is the #9. We need that dynamic type to come on for Croker after 20-25min. Hopefully GCKT can stepup.

W

1) Turbo
2) Saab
3) Koula
4) Garrick
5) Paulo
6) Brooks
7) DCE
8) Paseka
9) Crocker
10) Jake Trbojevic
11) Olakau'atu
12) Bullemore
13) Schuster

14) Lawton/ GCKT
15) Tuilagi
16) Keppie
17) Aloai

We will still have the same issues in defence. We only have one Jake. Most good sides have 2-3 tackling machines in forwards. We have Jake. Croker goes OK but misses too many for my liking. We need a back rower or 13 who can tackle. We don't have one now or next season it seems. Jake can't do it all. Now he's out you can see our d has fallen off the boil even more than before. Keppie Aloiai tuilagi bully and even Haumole don't make enough tackles. Doubt Schu going to backrow will help this issue either

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8